Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: The Suicidal, Worth Saving or A Lost Cause?

The world's population is too high already, let them kill themselves or even encourage it. We should get rid of burdens on society.

Director of the Thought Police Senior Member

Zealot

I happen to know someone who is "suicidal." Now it is really hard to tell but I get the feeling she only does it for the attention. She cuts her wrists, and constantly tells me that she's "going to end it all." But then she will say stuff that seems distinctly assholish, like she is only looking for attention.

This leads me to the conclusion that most "suicidal" people are BSing. They are really not looking for a way out, just for attention that they need so much. As for the really suicidal people, they do need and deserve the medical/psychiatric attention that they deserve. However a good percentage of the time just having a good family life, and mental health backround stops these problems before they start.
    * WAR IS PEACE
    * FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    * IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

"The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake...We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites."

"And if all others accepted the lie which the party imposed-if all records told the same tale-then the lie passed into history and became the truth."

"excellent work sir. i personally have never gone down after blowin the load. what's the point? i got mine ho, see ya"
    -ston3rpimp69

Retired Staff Member

Zealot

Yes, treatment is very bad for depression. I had depression, and didn't know it till I read a book my mother had to read for her masters class. I eventually got myself out of it with the help of a few friends, and girls. Mostly girls. I had never really tried to get with girls until then, but I figured I might as well since I was just sitting around with nothing to do. I cleaned up my act, and got with some hotties. With this new found love of friends and my ability to get with girls, I pulled out of depression.
    So now you are codependent on something you have no control over. Welcome to the world of f*cked up relationships. Let me predict your relationship world for ya.... You are going to go no longer than 3-4 weeks between girlfriends, but the whole time you are with her, you will be fighting with her. You will break up more times then you can count, yet still be together, and wonder how your still together the whole time. But in the end, your just going to get pissed and end it, but not for the right reasons, instead, because there is somebody else that can fill that void a little better. not tot mention you are going to be extremely jealous the whole time, not because your a bad person, but because your subconsciously scared that the only thing "fixing" your depression could be walking out at any moment. Enjoy, hope ya take care of that problem in advance, not to mention watch out for when your problem re-manifests itself, because it is going to be a bitch of a time later on in life. The funny part is that this is just your intimate relationships. As for friends, your going to do the same thing, only have multiple at a time, and shuffle them even more. Your still going to get mad at them all the time, just there will be no makeup sex after wards. Yep it is going to be fun. But hey, maybe it wasn't chemical depression, maybe, it was you being upset over life, and pissed off about the sh*tty ride it has taken you on. Who knows.... I am not a doctor, just somebody who has dealt with many people who have had true chemical depression.

This chemical argument doesn't work out. ALL feelings are due to physical and chemical properties of the person and the surrounding world, so by that argument stupidity and criminal behavior should be combated by the same means. However, I fully endorse suicide as an entirely viable method of escape. One does not ask to be born, therefore, if they have no other rights, they must have the right to take their own life. The exception is parents, who have knowingly brought life into the world and have an obligation to stick around. In most cases, though, suicide is stupid and unnecessary. Which doesn't mean I'll stop egging on people I don't like who are contemplating it here.
    While you are correct in that ALL feelings and actions are due to a chemical reaction, it still does not mean that the chemical reaction isn't f*cked up in one way or another. If somebody has diabetes, you don't say it is there fault and to get over it, you tell them to take there meds which fix the f*cked up chemical reaction. Why is it that difficult to imagine the same thing happening with emotions.

I happen to know someone who is "suicidal." Now it is really hard to tell but I get the feeling she only does it for the attention. She cuts her wrists, and constantly tells me that she's "going to end it all." But then she will say stuff that seems distinctly assholish, like she is only looking for attention.

This leads me to the conclusion that most "suicidal" people are BSing. They are really not looking for a way out, just for attention that they need so much. As for the really suicidal people, they do need and deserve the medical/psychiatric attention that they deserve. However a good percentage of the time just having a good family life, and mental health background stops these problems before they start.
    She is just asking for attention. I am talking about people who truly have tried committing suicide. I.E. Down the road, not cross the street, but been found in time by family/friend in time. I am talking about those who really did take a whole bottle of Xanax. I am not talking about those who have a 1/2 inch cross the street bullsh*t scratch on there wrist. As for a good family life fixing depression, it can't, once again the chemical reactions that make somebody realize the feeling that we take for granted known as happiness, just do not happen, or happens so infrequently/mildly that it is moot. What a good support network, aka. friends, family, significant others, etc. can provide is temporary relief, but in the end meds are still needed to control it on a long term basis.

Depression is like herpes, you can't always see it, and you can hide it pretty well from friends, but it sure as hell is always there. :-p

Disciple

Naatye can u not swear so constantly... please.... I wont edit or delete your posts , but I ask you as a admin to set examples (at least in this forum) of proper behavior. Thanks.

Andover[yT]
    ICG Mod
    ICG Moderator
    Join ICG , Discussing the current events of the Nations and The World
    No referral links allowed! - The Staff

Retired Staff Member

Zealot

I guess I could, but from now on please bring issues up in pm's

Inquisitor

Only the real suicidal should be helped. The ones who cut themselves for attention are idiots. Let them die.
    That's right, the Founders actually put a price tag on coming to this country: $10 per person. Apparently they felt like there was a value to being able to live here. Not anymore. These days we can't ask anything of immigrants -- including that they abide by our laws." - Glenn Beck on Article I, Section 9, Clause I of the U.S. Constitution, from Arguing With Idiots, Page 278

Quote Originally Posted by JLTucker
    Only the real suicidal should be helped. The ones who cut themselves for attention are idiots. Let them die.
    Why should the real suicidal ones be helped?

xie xie ning Senior Member

Inquisitor

Quote Originally Posted by Andover[yT]
    Naatye can u not swear so constantly... please.... I wont edit or delete your posts , but I ask you as a admin to set examples (at least in this forum) of proper behavior. Thanks.

Andover[yT]
    ICG Mod
    They have a filter for a reason.

E pluribus unum Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Andover[yT]

Andover[yT]
    ICG Mod
    Swearing isn't "proper" behavior? We're all mature enough here.

I think you're taking this somewhat seriously, more than necessary.
    Nature Of The Humans Is Never Giving

Inquisitor

It would have been better, HB, if you typed "I think you are taking this somewhat more seriously than you need to be."
    That's right, the Founders actually put a price tag on coming to this country: $10 per person. Apparently they felt like there was a value to being able to live here. Not anymore. These days we can't ask anything of immigrants -- including that they abide by our laws." - Glenn Beck on Article I, Section 9, Clause I of the U.S. Constitution, from Arguing With Idiots, Page 278

E pluribus unum Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

Messiah

I prefer how I put it, as it's still correct. :P
    Nature Of The Humans Is Never Giving

Disciple

Thread moved to general to see if anyone has anything else to add to this "dead" thread.
    ICG Moderator
    Join ICG , Discussing the current events of the Nations and The World
    No referral links allowed! - The Staff

Thread Information