Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Shutdown

Gold Member

Evangelist

Default Shutdown

Who's fault is it?
    Coming out of the closet is difficult and I just wanted to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to go through with it. [email protected]!

Formerly Known as Jakor Senior Member
    Developer

Evangelist

Your's for not voting the right people into congress.

I can't believe these people act like such children.

I also can't believe that they can legally do this without any consequence for their incompetence.

Formerly Known as Jakor Senior Member
    Developer

Evangelist

I went on a day long rant on facebook about the idiots who know nothing of the political system, how it works, who is in charge of what, or how to change it properly. I probably enlightened a few friends, pissed off others. I see most people jumping on the complaint band wagon full of misinformation. I can't stand the people's lack of understanding. It's the lack of understanding and caring about how it works that has let it get to these points that are now coming out more and more often. You may have been looking to start a debate like cnn had for a poll. But when 35% of people viewing cnn's website think the president is at fault.... That is what the bigger tragedy is at this point.

Yes, a budget will be passed. Maybe just in time to work in raising the national debt over the $16.7T limit. Maybe they can make enough storm about the shutdown that this slides under the radar. We are heading for far worse than not being able to keep our national parks open (yes I know more is affected than that.) I'm happy to see people starting to pay attention, but they are going about their complaining wrong. (or right... we could rally under social networks and start a civil war? <-- nsa will like that one ;-) )

Honestly the fact that the government shutdown means that congress *IS* doing their job. I mean they are standing up against each other because they actually care about what happens. That shows something. They could easily shake hands, one side give up, start their garbage service back up, stop putting in long hours, and just go purchase their own medical insurance with their paychecks and say screw the rest of the citizens. This is what we pay them for! To stand up and fight for what we as citizens believe in. We are getting a little uncomfortable. We've had wars for less than what has gone on in this country lately. Tax Act? Boston Tea Party? Over what? Some taxes on tea...

Quote Originally Posted by laocoon View Post
    I went on a day long rant on facebook about the idiots who know nothing of the political system, how it works, who is in charge of what, or how to change it properly. I probably enlightened a few friends, pissed off others. I see most people jumping on the complaint band wagon full of misinformation. I can't stand the people's lack of understanding. It's the lack of understanding and caring about how it works that has let it get to these points that are now coming out more and more often. You may have been looking to start a debate like cnn had for a poll. But when 35% of people viewing cnn's website think the president is at fault.... That is what the bigger tragedy is at this point.

Yes, a budget will be passed. Maybe just in time to work in raising the national debt over the $16.7T limit. Maybe they can make enough storm about the shutdown that this slides under the radar. We are heading for far worse than not being able to keep our national parks open (yes I know more is affected than that.) I'm happy to see people starting to pay attention, but they are going about their complaining wrong. (or right... we could rally under social networks and start a civil war? <-- nsa will like that one ;-) )

Honestly the fact that the government shutdown means that congress *IS* doing their job. I mean they are standing up against each other because they actually care about what happens. That shows something. They could easily shake hands, one side give up, start their garbage service back up, stop putting in long hours, and just go purchase their own medical insurance with their paychecks and say screw the rest of the citizens. This is what we pay them for! To stand up and fight for what we as citizens believe in. We are getting a little uncomfortable. We've had wars for less than what has gone on in this country lately. Tax Act? Boston Tea Party? Over what? Some taxes on tea...
    so hundreds of thousands of people being out of work is congress doing their jobs?

no, they're being children who are unwilling to reform and compromise. they should be penalized for their stubbornness and incompetence.
    Last edited by Abrupt : 10-03-2013 at 09:34 AM

eFamous Senior Member
    Administrator

High Priest

I have a lot of crazies on my Facebook and the posts have been absolutely fantastic lately.

e:
    Here's what I gather from Facebook:

It's Obama's fault.
    Everything is Obama's fault.
    The government shutdown is a ploy. It's so Obama can resign citing the shutdown as the reason when really it's because of TERRORGATE!
    Terrorgate is a thing: http://beforeitsnews.com/obama/2013/...SplittedPage=1
    Obama wants to take guns from white people because ???
    No one seems to be concerned about the NSA and spying but don't take our guns because The Constitution and/or MARTIAL LAW something something.
    No one seems to be aware that their guns and 20 hours on the range won't stop drone strikes.
    Guys these people I elected into office really suck.

But I personally haven't been paying much attention so I don't have an informed opinion. Also I can't vote and I don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by ston3rpimp69
    trash hole ha ha jokes on u cuz im polishing my crest kids oral hygiene trophy right now. maybe if they invented a pillow case that cleans ur teeth when u bite it u would have a clean mouth too. get on my fukcin level.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Your's for not voting the right people into congress.
    Sorry dude, but I am a citizen of Sexyland, I do not vote in US elections, because i am not a Unitedstation.

I would go to say that this is Obamas fault. My logic is simplistic (ergo wrong, but hopefully not too wrong):

- US should reduce spending, not increase it, which means this is no time for ObamaCare, which if I understand correctly, is massive amounts of spending that CAN wait, or might even be unnecessary.
    - Although I think this is Obamas' fault, I think it is the Republicans who will be penalized in the polls ultimately.
    - I think Republicans should start passing bills that restore portions of funding little by little. If the Senate rejects them, Democrats will look like giant *******s.
    Coming out of the closet is difficult and I just wanted to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to go through with it. [email protected]!

King of The Jews
    Prophet

The whole point of Congress is to come to a compromise between Americans that love government and Americans that hate it. Shutting down the government is the result of the opposite of compromise. Congress should be held responsible for all the federal furloughs and such, and should definitely not be receiving paychecks for this time. Luckily for them, as DSG pointed out to me, there is an Amendment that guarantees that they will get paid during government shut downs. Know what makes sense? The fact that Congress ****ing legislated that amendment. Some parts of this country really blow.

Also, your post is sending out such mixed messages. At one point your lobbying that the government shutdown is a good thing, and the next you're saying that Americans are lazy for "protesting" on social media instead of rallying in the streets. Make up your mind dude.

Thread Information