Thread: Path of Exile

mov esi, 0x0539 Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

Saint

Default Path of Exile

Anyone been playing this? It's awesome.

Gold Member

Inquisitor

Actually yup. It was shown to me through this multi-platform gaming clan Im part. Kept me more interested then D3 so far. And to see you mention this, and not a single post on heart of the swarm anywhere, we all know whats happened to blizzards games. =\ God damns you activision!

Nice to meet you, I'm Will Riker. Space Pimp. Senior Member
    Gold Member
    Administrator

Crusader

I was interested, but I am not a fan of their business model, so I think I will pass. I hate f2p/microtransactions, I would rather pay a monthly sub or just buy the game outright.

Belph: Blame World of Warcraft, if anything, it has destroyed Blizzard as a company... Vivendi/Activision would never have happened if they hadn't created that cash cow.

Mike Morhaime answers to Kotick and his exec team now, I don't forsee Blizzard ever regaining its creative/economic independence unless WoW crashes and burns and Titan ends up sucking.
    Last edited by DSG : 03-15-2013 at 02:42 PM
    Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth. - Albert Einstein

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Retired Staff Member

Saint

Quote Originally Posted by Belphegor View Post
    Actually yup. It was shown to me through this multi-platform gaming clan Im part. Kept me more interested then D3 so far. And to see you mention this, and not a single post on heart of the swarm anywhere, we all know whats happened to blizzards games. =\ God damns you activision!
    I'm pretty hooked on it. I haven't been this into a game since the earlier days of World of Warcraft, back when it wasn't garbage, in my opinion. I have played a little bit of Heart of the Swarm, but there's little substance in that game to keep me coming back. If you play Path of Exile and want to add me, PM me your in-game name.

Quote Originally Posted by DSG
    I was interested, but I am not a fan of their business model, so I think I will pass. I hate f2p/microtransactions, I would rather pay a monthly sub or just buy the game outright.
    I can understand your viewpoint, but the micro-transactions in the game don't provide you with any advantage other than cosmetics. They can easily be passed up by a player who just wants to play the game for free. I strongly recommend it, if you enjoyed D2.

eFamous Senior Member
    Administrator

High Priest

I'm down since it isn't pay2win.

btw my brother pointed out to me yesterday that I choose the online games I play based on how much and how easily I can troll the populace. He was totally right so I hope this game allows me to spend at least 60% of my play time pissing people off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ston3rpimp69
    trash hole ha ha jokes on u cuz im polishing my crest kids oral hygiene trophy right now. maybe if they invented a pillow case that cleans ur teeth when u bite it u would have a clean mouth too. get on my fukcin level.

Retired Staff Member

Saint

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm down since it isn't pay2win.

btw my brother pointed out to me yesterday that I choose the online games I play based on how much and how easily I can troll the populace. He was totally right so I hope this game allows me to spend at least 60% of my play time pissing people off.
    Well damn then, Sandman, this is your perfect game. The loot system in this game enables hilarious trolling (as well as some of the quests, which purposely allow you to kill other players and, in hardcore mode, subsequently bathe in their tears.)

Gold Member
    Administrator

Crusader

Ok, so I gave in and I am playing again. I guess they wiped for open beta... You guys do realize this game has no anti-cheat?

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Disciple

The footage I've seen seems really dark. Not everyone-you-love-is-dead dark, proper dark. Not sure I like that look.

I am a bitter old man. :(

Retired Staff Member

Saint

Quote Originally Posted by DSG View Post
    Ok, so I gave in and I am playing again. I guess they wiped for open beta... You guys do realize this game has no anti-cheat?
    Oh yes. I realize... /cackle

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanite
    The footage I've seen seems really dark. Not everyone-you-love-is-dead dark, proper dark. Not sure I like that look.
    I really like the style. Play, damn you.

Gold Member
    Administrator

Crusader

The community and devs are a bunch of elitist aholes but it's a pretty good game if you can get past that. One thing to be wary of is there's no way to do a full respec (well there is but it's so expensive it isn't really an option) and the devs are ****s and won't issue respecs even when the skill tree is modified in a way that changes build strategy (they only issue them when THEY feel they are needed). If you don't want to re-roll, make sure you research your build path extensively as at most you will only have a couple respec points and expect a patch that might break your build or piss you off.

Retired Staff Member

Saint

Quote Originally Posted by DSG View Post
    The community and devs are a bunch of elitist aholes but it's a pretty good game if you can get past that. One thing to be wary of is there's no way to do a full respec (well there is but it's so expensive it isn't really an option) and the devs are ****s and won't issue respecs even when the skill tree is modified in a way that changes build strategy (they only issue them when THEY feel they are needed). If you don't want to re-roll, make sure you research your build path extensively as at most you will only have a couple respec points and expect a patch that might break your build or piss you off.
    I can see why you might think some of the community are elitist (though, for the most part in the hardcore community, I feel like people are actually pretty agreeable), I definitely do not see what you're talking about in terms of the devs. I lurk the forums there a lot, and they all seem wonderful.

There wasn't a way to re-spec in D2 other than re-roll the character, and that game manages to still be fun even now. Over the course of the quests and such (currently) you get around 14 re-spec points, and you can get an unlimited number of re-spec points just by trading for, or finding, Orbs of Regret, which aren't really that hard to come by. I recently did a 30-something point re-spec on my main the other day without much issue. That's part of the game, though, really. One of the reasons D3 became so stale and boring is you could play any spec for your class whenever you felt like it. And yes, typically it's good to plan out the build beforehand, as some builds require staging (periodic re-specs based on level and gear) to avoid death in hardcore.

eFamous Senior Member
    Administrator

High Priest

I like it but I don't have much time to play. :( Also I've sold all of my computers except for an old Thinkpad X61 and it is not making for a happy gaming time.

p.s.
    Anyone wanna buy an X61?
    trash hole ha ha jokes on u cuz im polishing my crest kids oral hygiene trophy right now. maybe if they invented a pillow case that cleans ur teeth when u bite it u would have a clean mouth too. get on my fukcin level.

I play occasionally. my account is qrokodial

Formerly Known as Jakor Senior Member
    Developer

Evangelist

Anyone still playing? I ran across this game while looking for a new game to hack.

If the devs are elitist *******s, it could be fun to be the thorn in their side..

Retired Staff Member

Saint

I maintain that the devs seem like good people.

I still play occasionally and I am getting heavily back into it with the impending official release on the 23rd.

I'd be interested in collaborating.

2600 Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Crusader

Anybody still dicking around with this? I finally have internet.. Tried playing WoW - it just wasn't the same, so I'm looking for something to kill my time with.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

WE NEED MORE WEED MORE BITCHES MORE CAPSLOCK PURE FIRE

Retired Staff Member

Saint

I still play regularly. Account name is Halcion.

2600 Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Crusader

Bitchin'! Gimme about a week to download this.. Ohhh **** never mind I've got cable now! Have you guys tried this ****? I can download games in no time!

I'm a little behind the times.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

is it man cable or bitch cable?

Name:  3143085258.png
Views: 51
Size:  30.5 KB
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

2600 Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Crusader

bitch cable is still better than 56k..right?

Thread Information