Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Sites

KC's Seal of Approval
    Disciple

Default Sites

Does anyone have any suggestions for torrent sites? After demonoid went down, I don't really know where to go. TPB is just too public and lots of viruses and shiz, but I'm using it for now and not happy. Plus TPB has a complete lack of HD content (at least that is seeded very well like demonoid)

I tried visiting a few like bitme thedarksyndicate cinematic and others but they are all invite only and I don't know anyone with invites =[

If this is against the rules a PM would be nice :D

Thanks and/or sorry
    7654321 1234567

Nice to meet you, I'm Will Riker. Space Pimp. Senior Member
    Gold Member
    Administrator

Crusader

Can you even be trusted to maintain a ratio on a private tracker? Lol.
    Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth. - Albert Einstein

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

KC's Seal of Approval
    Disciple

Yes. I maintained a 50 percent ratio on demonoid and I downloaded 1.5 tb from them...

And demonoid doesn't even require a ratio. So if a private tracker required it it wouldn't be a problem.

Also, I don't have any experience with them, but something like usenet or whatever, a paid service to get unlimited stuff so I don't have to worry about seeding would be fine too as long as its not ridiculous, like more than 50 a year
    Last edited by stopthe_bomb : 08-24-2012 at 05:10 PM
    7654321 1234567

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

well if 50 is too much for you, don't consider newsgroups then
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

kat.ph
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanise View Post
    Never listen to me or credit anything i say because im a troll and no one likes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dt View Post
    True. Can't make anything on my own, can't win any games without hacks. I leech all day, I have even downloaded a hack by Promasser once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    So, yeah, banged Lindsay's mom.

A zero-your personal hero Senior Member
    Gold Member

Blessed

0.5 ratio, even for Demonoid's standards, is puny - stick to pubs. If that's not acceptable, just stop doing what you're doing, before you hurt yourself.

http://thepiratebay.se/user/extremezone/ or get a job.

If you get cought, Your fault.

google moar, its all there.

KC's Seal of Approval
    Disciple

I have 2 jobs, money isn't the problem, I just don't know if a usenet is really worth that much money.
    7654321 1234567

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

well if money's not a problem why don't you just buy everything
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "

KC's Seal of Approval
    Disciple

I do. I buy all the games I like. I like to watch my shows on my own time, and i like to rewatch movies over and over that at some point I either watched at a movie theater or I lost the dvd I already bought. I use torrenting to test games so I don't buy the ****ty ones.
    7654321 1234567

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

bitsoup has games, it's probably the easiest torrent site to get into that isn't public

you can use it as a recommendation to get invites into better torrent sites, take a pic with like 1tb upload and >1.0 ratio and you can request higher tier trackers in their irc

Nice to meet you, I'm Will Riker. Space Pimp. Senior Member
    Gold Member
    Administrator

Crusader

There's also TorrentLeech if you want a good place to start out to build your private tracker reputation (and get better ones).

If you can prove yourself on TL or bitsoup, I may be willing to hook you up with an invite to one of the really hard to get (but awesome) private trackers.
    Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth. - Albert Einstein

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by stopthe_bomb View Post
    I have 2 jobs, money isn't the problem, I just don't know if a usenet is really worth that much money.
    Usenet... promotion on astraweb 11 a month for unlimited speed and download. Then 10$ for NZBMatrix lifetime membership. worth it.

KC's Seal of Approval
    Disciple

Ok, Ill try to get an invite to one of those and I'll seed my ass off at a few different houses at the same time and get 1tb uploaded then I'll post or make a new thread
    7654321 1234567

Gold Member

Evangelist

Ok, Ill try to get an invite to one of those and I'll seed my ass off at a few different houses at the same time and get 1tb uploaded then I'll post or make a new thread
    Seriously dude, 11$ a month and you get a ton of dignity. I hate people that say money isn't a problem and then make it so obvious that they are full of Indefinite.

KC's Seal of Approval
    Disciple

First of all, I have never used a usenet and I have no ****ing clue how to, free = better than paying no matter what, frivolous spending is why people never get out of middle class, this is a run on sentence, and I don't really care to show off my wealth or prove myself in any matter. I don't give a **** how rich/spoiled you are, I work for my money and I don't like to piss it all away.
    7654321 1234567

Gold Member

Evangelist

First of all, I have never used a usenet and I have no ****ing clue how to, free = better than paying no matter what, frivolous spending is why people never get out of middle class, this is a run on sentence, and I don't really care to show off my wealth or prove myself in any matter. I don't give a **** how rich/spoiled you are, I work for my money and I don't like to piss it all away.
    You're an idiot, I am not rich, i work 2 jobs, and 11 is not a lot. 11 will not get you in our out of any class. In US it is illegal to use torrents, you could go to jail. In Canada most providers give you metered plans. So using torrents is ****all.

Learning how to use something that is ssl encrypted is ****all easy.

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

you morons are dumb as ****, just stfu

usenet is torrents, if torrents were hosted on a massive server
    usenet torrents are called 'nzb's, they function almost identically

you get the speeds you pay for, for me it's unlimited b/w and unlimited speed, instantly
    usenet is getting popular because it's more reliable than torrents for automated programs to grab like rss downloaders (for tv, etc.)

deep packet inspection tools have forever been able to decrypt SSL traffic and reencrypt it, I mean really, lol http://www.sonicwall.com/downloads/S...ure_Module.pdf consumers can even get their hands on it for free

the big things about usenet is that it's a single point of failure, if they don't keep logs of what you download (my provider states it doesn't) then if/when they get targeted you're at less risk. In a torrent you're sharing your IP directly with every peer you connect to = thousands opportunities to have your IP tracked

custom user title Senior Member

Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by gamepin126 View Post
    you morons are dumb as ****, just stfuusenet is torrents, if torrents were hosted on a massive serverusenet torrents are called 'nzb's, they function almost identicallyyou get the speeds you pay for, for me it's unlimited b/w and unlimited speed, instantlyusenet is getting popular because it's more reliable than torrents for automated programs to grab like rss downloaders (for tv, etc.)deep packet inspection tools have forever been able to decrypt SSL traffic and reencrypt it, I mean really, lol http://www.sonicwall.com/downloads/S...ure_Module.pdf consumers can even get their hands on it for freethe big things about usenet is that it's a single point of failure, if they don't keep logs of what you download (my provider states it doesn't) then if/when they get targeted you're at less risk. In a torrent you're sharing your IP directly with every peer you connect to = thousands opportunities to have your IP tracked
    What usenet provider are you using, poony?

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

giganews, I like the free vpn and 50gb storage

but apparently I'm rolling in dough or somethingn cuz I pay monthly fees on **** or something

http://usenetcompare.com/ has some comparisons of the different providers

Thread Information