Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 62

Thread: Ivy Bridge to be released

From the Land of the Sexy Senior Member
    Gold Member

Inquisitor

Hyper Threading ~ overclocking, I literally laughed out loud.

The Ivy and Sandy systems used here have nearly identical setups, as I'm sure you would've noticed while reading the review if you didn't tl;dr the whole thing the first time you saw something you didn't understand (which I can only assume was immediately.)
    Popular benchmarking websites strive to keep their results accurate, oddly enough. The simple fact of the matter is that Ivy bridge is not a good overclocker due to heat. This stems from their Trigate design and their decision to cheap out on TIM. Some people have shown Ivy to get better thermals with modded TIM, particularly while under water (in this scenario Ivy may even surpass Sandy.) Unfortunately, TIM modding is something that people generally just don't do.
    I said that respectfully with hopes that you might learn something.

Now I'd like to say you're the biggest ****ing moron on this website right now. It's you. You're the new Ctark, arcanise, Akazukin, howardmeis, etc., and I'd like you to know that it's not solely due to their absence.
    That said, I don't even see why you're being so defensive; Ivy isn't a bad processor. (Actually I do know why, and it's because you're so insecure that you innately tie your self esteem to a stupid processor.) Anyway, it's not a terrible processor and you shouldn't even feel too bad about it.
    Just try not to pay any attention to the fact that my 980x which was released nearly 2 and a half years ago is still pretty much on par with Ivy. No need to burden yourself with thoughts of how, in certain scenarios, Gulftown actually "rapes" Ivy bridge.

Anyway, Gratz on the new laptop.
    A conclusion is a place you find yourself, when tired of thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranged View Post
    That statements is invalid.

Gold Member

Inquisitor

Oh, here's a video on how to remove your TIM just in case you want to increase your Hyperthreading headroom.

Nice to meet you, I'm Will Riker. Space Pimp. Senior Member
    Gold Member
    Administrator

Crusader

Oh god that was painful to watch. What a moron, you arent supposed to remove the thermal paste anyways you are supposed to replace it with better stuff because Intel cheaped out on it. I honestly feel bad for anybody who bought an ivy, you shouldn't have to jump through all those hoops to get better temps.
    Last edited by DSG : 05-14-2012 at 07:43 PM
    Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth. - Albert Einstein

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Enchantment? Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Im surprised he didnt crack the ****ing die.

Lol he's got my keyboard and my mobo
    Quote Originally Posted by jpheonix View Post
    i have a form of dyslexia that hinders my ability to scout and macro at the same time.

Gold Member

Inquisitor

As soon as I saw he was using a pocket knife to pry off the IHS I knew it was going to be painful.

Inquisitor

Awesome video and thread haha I'm glad that even in death bwh can still deliver the laughs.

Starter should be taken off mod preview so the hilarity can continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyndrilliac View Post
    Seriously, I have done a lot of drugs. A lot of ****ing drugs. I would snort a line of cocaine off a piss stained urinal in some truck-stop dive with my closest friends and family looking on in disgust before I took anything from somebody I didn't know and trust. That's just ****ing dumb.

Srs Bsns Gold Member

High Priest

I miss how angry this kid used to get, looks like he didnt change much over the years haha
    Originally Posted by Pcreme
    my best stoner moment would have to be the time me and my friend were walking from my dealers house, and we see my other friends, who are all ecstasy fiends, driving their volkswagen van 60 MPH THROUGH A PARKING LOT , BUMPING TECHNO HELLA ****ING LOUD, an then they try and take a sharp turn and the van TIPS over cause theres too many people in the car. noone was hurt but it was EPIC FAIL.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Xthar View Post
    I miss how angry this kid used to get, looks like he didnt change much over the years haha
    Every time I hear someone like you call others "kid" to have a false small sense of superiority it made me vomit. You are sad.

They removed my infractions earlier so that I could talk again... why the **** did they give them in the first place, they last a month.

A zero-your personal hero Senior Member
    Gold Member

Blessed

Quote Originally Posted by StarteR2 View Post
    Every time I hear someone like you call others "kid" to have a false small sense of superiority it made me vomit.
    Well, that's a relief. Also, insert wild ramblings of a grammar nazi here.

Oh, and considering your behavior, I'm sure that sense of superiority isn't fake, but one would expect you to diminish it in hopeless attempts to save your petty self-esteem from crumbling down like a house of cards.

So if we're sad, you're definitely making the depressed go suicidal just by appearing in front of them.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Soon you will realize what an idiot you are;) you will have no choice:D

Inquisitor

Soon you will realizte what an idiot you are;) you will have no choice:D
    I only wish you could be afforded such a luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Dyndrilliac View Post
    Seriously, I have done a lot of drugs. A lot of ****ing drugs. I would snort a line of cocaine off a piss stained urinal in some truck-stop dive with my closest friends and family looking on in disgust before I took anything from somebody I didn't know and trust. That's just ****ing dumb.

Gold Member

Evangelist

These are issued to meeting certain qualifications, such as being fegs or being an idiot per say. Lucky for indef, he has both, just needs to come to reality and work on himself.

Enchantment? Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Name:  gaoekaadk.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  80.8 KB

Just to continue the SMACKDOWN of his Ivy, this is my $200 2500k raping his face..

Quote Originally Posted by jpheonix View Post
    i have a form of dyslexia that hinders my ability to scout and macro at the same time.

Srs Bsns Gold Member

High Priest

Every time I hear someone like you call others "kid" to have a false small sense of superiority it made me vomit. You are sad.

They removed my infractions earlier so that I could talk again... why the **** did they give them in the first place, they last a month.
    They removed the infractions so we can continue to laugh at your dumbass.

P.S Sorry mods for getting off topic.
    Originally Posted by Pcreme
    my best stoner moment would have to be the time me and my friend were walking from my dealers house, and we see my other friends, who are all ecstasy fiends, driving their volkswagen van 60 MPH THROUGH A PARKING LOT , BUMPING TECHNO HELLA ****ING LOUD, an then they try and take a sharp turn and the van TIPS over cause theres too many people in the car. noone was hurt but it was EPIC FAIL.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Name:  gaoekaadk.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  80.8 KB

Just to continue the SMACKDOWN of his Ivy, this is my $200 2500k raping his face..

That is an overclocked unit, my bench is not overclocked, dont let me rape your brain so easily.
    You really shouldnt be wasting anytime, who knows when Agent****Coder will meed a bj, u gotta be there man... Gotta do tge sucking.
    @xtgar, no.

Gold Member

Inquisitor

That is an overclocked unit, my bench is not overclocked, dont let me rape your brain so easily.
    You really shouldnt be wasting anytime, who knows when Agent****Coder will meed a bj, u gotta be there man... Gotta do tge sucking.
    @xtgar, no.
    What? No, only the 2600k and higher Sandy's have Hyper Threading, which according to you is overclocking, so his 2500k must be pwning your Ivy at stock speeds.
    Damn, Ivy must have been engineered in the underachieving class of a special needs school.

Gold Member

Inquisitor

Without any OC, and only using the built in OC (called hyper threading btw)
    Stuuuuuuuupid.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Mookster View Post
    Well, you're right about Ivy not getting 5% better performance. Tom's did a diverse review and even averaged out the results from 17 real world/synthetic benches for you on this page.
    Turns out, it's actually about 3.7% better, a margin which actually narrows clock per clock as you begin overclocking, and ends with Ivy not being able to reach the speeds of Sandy.

Not sure what benchmark you posted in that image but, it's clearly either fake or highly internalized and not reflective of real world, or even typical synthetic benchmark performance.
    I'm not saying Ivy is terrible, I'm just saying I'd prefer Sandy for its better thermals and overclocking, let alone price.

It's completely to be expected that adding Trigate to Sandy's design would sacrifice heat distribution for efficiency. There's nothing terribly wrong with being on par with Sandy; for a laptop part it's by some margin an improvement. But, still, you should know that margin isn't 20%.
    It's been a year and I still don't believe how stupid you are mookster.

I mean I showed you proof, that my mobile IVY, raped the desktop SANDY, with no overclocking on either of them, and you are telling me that the desktop IVY is the same as the desktop SANDY. Yeah, you need a stupid diagnosis.
    Coming out of the closet is difficult and I just wanted to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to go through with it. [email protected]!

Gold Member

Inquisitor

I mean I showed you proof, that my mobile IVY, raped the desktop SANDY, with no overclocking on either of them, and you are telling me that the desktop IVY is the same as the desktop SANDY. Yeah, you need a stupid diagnosis.
    Ivy is slightly faster, clock for clock. Ivy can't cool off well enough to keep up with Sandy's overclocking, due to it's TIM; therefor, Sandy will overclock further and perform the same or better in most situations --- for less money.
    You showed some score on some obscure benchmark and told us Sandy scores lower than that. I showed you two graphs from Tom's that summarize the performance difference between a 2700K and 3770K in a plethora of real world applications and benchmarks. If you have trouble reading said graph: Ivy is 3.5% faster than Sandy Bridge, clock for clock. Sandy is a better overclocker than Ivy. Your laptop is stock. You are a moron. Conclude your life.

A zero-your personal hero Senior Member
    Gold Member

Blessed

It's been a year and you reaffirm my belief you're scared self-entitled butthurt emo white trash that's been beaten in the face with a frying pan all it's life and deserves to be looked down upon, simply because it's a waste of organic material. I imagine that if you're having difficulty getting over this, you'd have much more difficulty opening a pack of razors or tying a knot, let alone doing the right thing for society.

Did I mention that it's been proven a year ago that you are idiotic enough to use vocabulary you don't understand or even bother to check?
    Last edited by Indefinite : 02-02-2013 at 12:10 AM

Thread Information