Thread: Does anyone still play this?

King of The Jews
    Prophet

Default Does anyone still play this?

Check the forum you're in.

eFamous Senior Member
    Administrator

High Priest

I started playing vanilla on a private service because it's way more fun than current WoW, and brings back memories from when I used to actually enjoy the game. http://wow-one.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by ston3rpimp69
    trash hole ha ha jokes on u cuz im polishing my crest kids oral hygiene trophy right now. maybe if they invented a pillow case that cleans ur teeth when u bite it u would have a clean mouth too. get on my fukcin level.

Inquisitor

I did for a little promo I had that let me play for like a week, but stopped after that and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyndrilliac View Post
    Seriously, I have done a lot of drugs. A lot of ****ing drugs. I would snort a line of cocaine off a piss stained urinal in some truck-stop dive with my closest friends and family looking on in disgust before I took anything from somebody I didn't know and trust. That's just ****ing dumb.

KC's Seal of Approval
    Disciple

I just stopped playing again 2 weeks ago :/
    7654321 1234567

Nice to meet you, I'm Will Riker. Space Pimp. Senior Member
    Gold Member
    Administrator

Crusader

Nope, never going back either! SWTOR is treating me great and GW2 is coming out soon too, I seriously doubt at this point Blizzard can ever win me back (even with Titan).
    Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth. - Albert Einstein

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

eFamous Senior Member
    Administrator

High Priest

I gave in to peer pressure and started playing the non-pirate version of this stupid game again for the first time since cata launched. Holy shit this game feels like fuckin ez mode for developmentally challenged babies now more than ever. I guess it's nice for when you want to give your brain a rest from working all day and just zone out and derp over some achievements and transmogs or whatever. But it feels like its target demographic is sad middle aged women who brag about how they used to be the assistant manager at 7-eleven but now they have too many cats and a bunch of ugly ass knick knacks all over their house that they sit in all day because they collect disability for their diabetus. Just one step above your borderline retarded uncle who plays facebook slot machine games.

But I prepaid for the new expansion and 6 months of play time, so I guess I'm gonna try to get my money's worth and hopefully not go full Flowers for Algernon and end up drooling on myself or snacking on crayons as I share screenshots of my sweet new mount on twitter.
    trash hole ha ha jokes on u cuz im polishing my crest kids oral hygiene trophy right now. maybe if they invented a pillow case that cleans ur teeth when u bite it u would have a clean mouth too. get on my fukcin level.

High Priest

WoW's experience has been reduced from an online world to a single player grind feast today. It's still fun because it's like an RPG with a scoreboard. Most players will grind it for 1 month, obtained some of the best items and take a long break. There is almost no other social interaction besides making use of each other to down a monster for loot. Players all have a set of legendaries and a raid member can be easily replaced. I'm using a rare rooster mount and realized nobody really cares about what items or mount have. The item database is huge but nothing really stood out.
    Last edited by Irene : 06-09-2018 at 09:24 AM

eFamous Senior Member
    Administrator

High Priest

I appreciate the quality of life improvements but yeah it kind of feels like a single player game now. Which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing if you play by yourself most of the time anyway. In the old days of grinding for mount money up hill both ways in the snow, being a loner or in a shitty guild meant you weren't going to see end game content. If you wanted to do that stuff you had to be sociable and make connections and show that you had a serviceable knowledge of game mechanics. Now the game doesn't force you to do that. You can just queue up and follow the other silent randos around. And if you don't make a name for yourself, don't worry bro those NPCs are going to tell you that you're awesome even if other players won't.

I don't care about achievements or transmogs or pets or whatever. I would like to get back into the arena but the people I used to do that with work long hours and/or have kids and stuff now so they can't put the time into getting gud.

King of The Jews
    Prophet

Are you playing now that the expansion is out? I was going to resubscribe but heard it's entirely different than Pandaria and am afraid.

eFamous Senior Member
    Administrator

High Priest

No, I haven't logged on in a few weeks and don't feel like leveling right now. Maybe I'll do that after I finish Breath of the Wild, which I am slowly playing my way through in between doing important adult stuff such as shaving and doing a business.

I do.

Thread Information