Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: Wikileaks

Enchantment? Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Default Wikileaks

Ok there are a few ways to approach this.

Do you guys support wikileaks in general, the way they run their network, "Anonymous is synonymous with free speech"?

Do you support the leaking of military documents?

Do you support Visa and Mastercard pulling the ability to donate to them on the 7th or 8th of December?

Do you support such things as the call asassonate the director of wikileaks, or to try him for treason in the United states (where he is not a citizen).
    Quote Originally Posted by jpheonix View Post
    i have a form of dyslexia that hinders my ability to scout and macro at the same time.

Do you guys support wikileaks in general, the way they run their network, "Anonymous is synonymous with free speech"? umm, idk. kinda weird, like new world order weird.

Do you support the leaking of military documents? Yes

Do you support Visa and Mastercard pulling the ability to donate to them on the 7th or 8th of December? No

Do you support such things as the call asassonate the director of wikileaks, or to try him for treason in the United states (where he is not a citizen). No
    "My God's not dead, He's surely alive, He's living on the inside, Roaring like a lion!" - Newsboys, God's Not Dead

"God is dead and no one cares. If there is a hell I'll see you there." - NIN, Heresy

"And we told ourselves it didn't matter but in our hearts we knew better." - NIN, Zero Sum

King of The Jews
    Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by kokokoko View Post
    Do you guys support wikileaks in general, the way they run their network, "Anonymous is synonymous with free speech"? umm, idk. kinda weird, like new world order weird.

Do you support the leaking of military documents? Yes

Do you support Visa and Mastercard pulling the ability to donate to them on the 7th or 8th of December? No

Do you support such things as the call asassonate the director of wikileaks, or to try him for treason in the United states (where he is not a citizen). No
    How are you going to say anything about a "new world order" when dealing with wikileaks? The website gets information that the public should know about and publishes it. It's not some crazy conspiracy website created by the central bankers in an attempt to brainwash the world.

Eh, the government hated when the Pentagon Papers got out, but the information in those documents sure should be seen by the masses. Wikileaks also deals with other countries in the world. Guess the United States just has the most secrets.

I think when wikileaks released the FBI communications during the 9/11 attacks was great.

Gold Member

Evangelist

I can't answer those, because i do not know whether all info in those docs is true, could all be made up or perhaps 1% or 0%, who knows? Not me.

Furthermore, i do not support anything. Every party does what is in their intrest. And that is how the world works, me personally, i find no use for myself from any of that, it don't change my life, so, i dont giev fu!!!!ck.

MENOS EL OSO Senior Member

Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by StarteR2 View Post
    it don't change my life, so, i dont giev fu!!!!ck.
    then you don't understand the seriousness of what is currently happening. it very well may change your life.

what i don't understand is how the government is going to say its illegal for information regarding the government's illegal activities to be released. it's not wikileaks' fault, it's the fault of those who actually leaked the documents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagazukin
    It's been clear that some are convinced that Aka is really a psychological problem retard

Gold Member

Evangelist

Do tell kds a scenario of how it can change my life, and i am not sarcastic. I just cant see it.

Enchantment? Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Wikileaks is an anonymous news source which allows someone to post documents online without a threat of personal endangerment. It's empowering free speech and internet neutrality. Many are focusing your anger on the source of bad news, rather than the bad news itself. Our foreign policy is a lie wrapped in lies secured with an army larger then the rest of the world combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpheonix View Post
    i have a form of dyslexia that hinders my ability to scout and macro at the same time.

A zero-your personal hero Senior Member
    Gold Member

Blessed

I personally think that Wikileaks is bringing back journalism as it is by definition, especially in the face of corporate media feeding stupifying bull**** each second of their air time. In a sense, leaking one government's military docs shows what kind of government you're dealing with. Especially with all the secrecy, you'd expect some really heinous stunts being pulled everyday, just to remain in power. After all, why keep something secret, if it's not dirty, backstabbing ****, for which you'd otherwise get nuked to oblivion?

In the face of what's been happening recently around Wikileaks, how the US government is desperately trying to cover it's tracks by bullying everyone else into cutting Wikileaks off and considering that the same government has been a front for corporate profit for quite some time, it's about damn time for their poison to bite them in the ass.

Those bald statements on assassinating Wikileaks' director-in-chief and attempts of catching Assange so they can "straighten things out" show the true face of how deep the **** has gone and how much of a threat Wikileaks is for those that use any means necessary to achieve their goals, however harmful those may be to society.

And Nick has a point - the news have already succeeded in turning people's attention from what was actually released to the leak itself and who's "responsible" for it, which in itself is a bad sign.

Prophet

Do tell kds a scenario of how it can change my life, and i am not sarcastic. I just cant see it.
    Then you, my friend, have just proven to me how ****ing stupid you are. Unless you live outside the USA, this can easily change your life. Do you see what is happening to freedom of speech here? If you don't, you need to open your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickF
    Our foreign policy is a lie wrapped in lies secured with an army larger then the rest of the world combined.
    Exactly. And when someone exposes those lies (through their inherent right to freedom of speech), what does our government do? They attack. Not literally (yet), but they attack. How does that make you feel? What if you said "**** Obama" and your bank accounts were frozen and you were put in prison?

o btw aka is gay
    It's been clear that some are convinced that Aka is really a psychological problem retard

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by kds View Post
    Then you, my friend, have just proven to me how ****ing stupid you are. Unless you live outside the USA, this can easily change your life. Do you see what is happening to freedom of speech here? If you don't, you need to open your eyes.

Exactly. And when someone exposes those lies (through their inherent right to freedom of speech), what does our government do? They attack. Not literally (yet), but they attack. How does that make you feel? What if you said "**** Obama" and your bank accounts were frozen and you were put in prison?

o btw aka is gay
    Skipping over the fact that you have not provided the simplest exam to prove your point (how info leaked by wikileaks changes something in my life as an individual):
    first, please consider being more polite, you are a moderator and you should enforce rules not break them, and that is common sense, i did not make it up.

Second, i do live outside of US, and you know it too, we spoke on irc, i clearly stated my location and so did you.

Third, there is a diffrence, big big diffrence between freedom of speech and distribution of information that DOES not belong to you. Why you so mad? You mad cause US did not make it public that it was preparing a plan with NATO that counter attacks a russian invasion? It gives other countries advantage and leverage over US to know what they now know because of leaked secret documents.

Most of the documents are reports, mainly what US knows, thinks and does, and that, is none of your business.

I will stop here cause you are just gonna start flaming like a ... anyways. I do not condemn what you thibk as stupid, i respect your opinion, you should try that.

Prophet

Second, i do live outside of US, and you know it too, we spoke on irc, i clearly stated my location and so did you.
    **** forgot about that. pwnt.
    You mad cause US did not make it public that it was preparing a plan with NATO that counter attacks a russian invasion? It gives other countries advantage and leverage over US to know what they now know because of leaked secret documents.
    Most of the documents are reports, mainly what US knows, thinks and does, and that, is none of your business.
    you are absolutely correct that some of those documents are not any business of the citizens. but what about the ones covering up illegal activities of the government? i believe that those should be public.

edit: just saw this on reddit, thought it was pretty interesting:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxPB9yy7IJ4&feature=sub

Inquisitor

This impacts every country included in the leak, and even some who don't. Foreign trade is one thing that would effect an individual citizen, even if you don't realize it directly, it could effect the prices of various products or services.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyndrilliac View Post
    Seriously, I have done a lot of drugs. A lot of ****ing drugs. I would snort a line of cocaine off a piss stained urinal in some truck-stop dive with my closest friends and family looking on in disgust before I took anything from somebody I didn't know and trust. That's just ****ing dumb.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by MiCrOz View Post
    This impacts every country included in the leak, and even some who don't. Foreign trade is one thing that would effect an individual citizen, even if you don't realize it directly, it could effect the prices of various products or services.
    Unless these leaks somehow, through some complex mechanism, lead to a decrease in the price of food, then not only do I want to know how, I will be glad. But if someone gets mad about finding out something and prices increase through another complex mechanism, then I can't really change my position from not supporting such activity.

Indeed kds there may be illegal activity there performed by the government, but honestly, I have yet to meet that document that contains such evidence or statements. I have looked at a bunch of them, some detailing north korean activities, some detailing russian unrest or russian expected outcomes... I haven't seen one that has US officials (which write those reports I assume) admit to any activity that is illegal, I will watch the news closer and maybe look at that video that you posted but I mean...

I cannot see any good coming from these leaks. Personally I have never liked US, it always seemed to me that the way the government portrays the country is not what the country is, it is like the executive branch, not the people themselves, are hypocrites. And I mean there is evidence for that... Iraq War (first WMD then God Send us there... and that is Bush) and then there is all these hidden deals that are done with corrupt governments that are not revealed...

But I mean I already know that, and I have my evidence for it, what do these leaks do? give more evidence? I don't need more evidence, it is like seeing someone commit murder with your own damn eyes and then analyzing fingerprints and hearing how other people say he did it. What do you thing this is going to achieve? A lawsuit again US government? Case #000 all 50 states vs Federal Level? US does what it does to be what it is. And if you mess with that, and change that, you are going to find yourself in a New-US which you might not like, and the transition is going to affect you and the rest of the world too. Enough of this, this is going no-where. I am not saying that what US Officials do is right, I am just saying... who are we to stop it?

Microz, back to you, prices increasing decreasing... whatever happens, these leaks is not something that happens on a regular basis or something that is normal, it would be an external force on the market and that is NEVER GOOD NEWS. The market is the way it is for good reasons, messing with free market by introducing rumors and leaks and **** that might not even be true is a bad idea man... even if it does lower your prices for a year or two. Think about it, you would pay less to someone, now why would you do that? You are paying him his labor, his product, his service and his profit, why would you pay him less? so he can go bankrupt? so that quality goes down? so that people get fired? Why would you want that, there is no gain here, it is a 0 game, someone wins, someone loses. Your win will eventually later on **** you up, is it not enough that we are slowly recovering from a recession?

I have not put that much thought into what I wrote, I am just brainstorming, please don't flame, let's just talk nice.

EDIT: Yeah ok, report saying al-Quaeda never existed before 9/11 and US went to war with Iraq for nothing... ok, i get it, is that not why Obama won elections? People getting to tired of Bush-sh.it starting 2 wars and ebing to aggressive? I think people already knew that US went to war with Iraq for the wrong reasons, but look... more Oil... Kudos, pay less for gas, how is that not a win for citizens? Moral and Ethical infractions? yeah, feasible, I agree... very unethical... what you gonna do about it? at least be happy that it is not you who commited the act, it is some government that you chose thinking they wouldn't. Darwins law of the jungle always applies in a certain manner, and his law completely makes ethics and morality obsolete. The earth does have limited resources, you will run out of oil eventually. This might just buy you time to invent synthetic oil or some other ****.

What next... why prosecute Assange and not Times magazine in 1971? Why not prosecute Washington post, the guardian and etc for restating leaks that wikileaks leaked? Well I think here we are talking about effort... I mean all these magazines, all they had to do is browse the site and read... not much effort there compared to gathering, convincing and finding loopholes. We can all agree that Assange put the most effort into this, that is why he is prosecuted.
    Last edited by StarteR2 : 12-10-2010 at 03:18 PM

=) Senior Member
    Developer

Supreme Being

You're an idiot if you think that if something is secret then it must be something dirty and illegal. Making plans to counter something is strategy. If they ever did do something then we would be prepared to deal with it. I guess letting the other team know what plays the coach has made is a good way to win a football game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of Korhal View Post
    Let us hope so, if that Reverse Engineering crap actually works, I'll be amazed.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ View Post
    You're an idiot if you think that if something is secret then it must be something dirty and illegal. Making plans to counter something is strategy. If they ever did do something then we would be prepared to deal with it. I guess letting the other team know what plays the coach has made is a good way to win a football game.
    Dude... at least read what I say if you are going to comment, all the more reason if you are going to even flame. I never said that, like ever, nor implied it. I said that what is secret, is secret for a reason, and it is not our business to butt into it and know it, because what is secret is mainly stuff that does not concern us. Seriously... read...

By the way, besides your first sentence... I don't understand wtf do you mean...

Yes of course making plans to counter something is strategy, why would you want all the world to know info that allows to counter your own damn country? And if you are not american, clearly yo support them by insulting me, so why would you wish US harm? Unless you are anti-american and you are supporting wikileaks because you want US to fall... why else would you support it? Making plans to counter something is strategy, as you said it. Wikileaks is giving others ways to counter US...

"If they ever did do something then we would be prepared to deal with it."
    Who is they? who is we? If US did something you would be prepared to deal with it? still makes no sense.

"I guess letting the other team know what plays the coach has made is a good way to win a football game."
    Are you saying that exposing your plans is a good way to win? In that case I disagree. Brings me back to your statement "Making plans to counter something is strategy."

Dude I do not appreciate you insulting me for nothing. However, I am not sarcastic, my questions are not ironic, please clarify them.
    Last edited by StarteR2 : 12-10-2010 at 04:58 PM

=) Senior Member
    Developer

Supreme Being

Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite View Post
    I personally think that Wikileaks is bringing back journalism as it is by definition, especially in the face of corporate media feeding stupifying bull**** each second of their air time. In a sense, leaking one government's military docs shows what kind of government you're dealing with. Especially with all the secrecy, you'd expect some really heinous stunts being pulled everyday, just to remain in power. After all, why keep something secret, if it's not dirty, backstabbing ****, for which you'd otherwise get nuked to oblivion?

In the face of what's been happening recently around Wikileaks, how the US government is desperately trying to cover it's tracks by bullying everyone else into cutting Wikileaks off and considering that the same government has been a front for corporate profit for quite some time, it's about damn time for their poison to bite them in the ass.

Those bald statements on assassinating Wikileaks' director-in-chief and attempts of catching Assange so they can "straighten things out" show the true face of how deep the **** has gone and how much of a threat Wikileaks is for those that use any means necessary to achieve their goals, however harmful those may be to society.

And Nick has a point - the news have already succeeded in turning people's attention from what was actually released to the leak itself and who's "responsible" for it, which in itself is a bad sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of Korhal View Post
    Let us hope so, if that Reverse Engineering crap actually works, I'll be amazed.

Gold Member

Evangelist

I cannot answer Indefinites' post because I do not understand well what his opinion is based upon, nor do I understand where he got information such as "If people knew what US was doing for real US would get nuked"...

So please if you got something to say to me, use your own words.

Music & Movies Senior Member

Saint

Usually, I think Ron Paul is at best overrated and at worst meh, but he pretty much sums it up here, and pretty well. Kudos to him.

Ron Paul Defends WikiLeaks On House Floor (VIDEO)
    Better contraceptives will control population only if people will use them. A nuclear holocaust can be prevented only if the conditions under which nations make war can be changed. The environment will continue to deteriorate until pollution practices are abandoned. We need to make vast changes in human behavior.
    -- B.F. Skinner

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by putis View Post
    Usually, I think Ron Paul is at best overrated and at worst meh, but he pretty much sums it up here, and pretty well. Kudos to him.

Ron Paul Defends WikiLeaks On House Floor (VIDEO)
    Yes he is making a good point but he is suffering to a small partition of documents, not to them all. If Assange would have published only documents that relate to US fooling it's people and everyone else into having its way... fine, publish it all you want. But this guy is publishing 250k documents, only 10% of which have anything to do with US being bad guys and the rest are real secret information about US plans... I mean seriously, this guy is leaking info that is real dangerous for US on so many levels... I have already made my point.

And this guy... Ron Paul, wants a perfect world... that does not exist. You never get 100% worth of your tax payers money, ever... You always get a percentage below that. And please tell me, how are you supposed to change US? These documents are published from 66... I guarantee you, there is no change in the illegality of US actions from then till now.

Just like the americans supplied Taliban with weapons so that they can get their revenge on Soviet Union, who by the way wanted to accomplish the same **** they are trying to now... things like these will never stop. And I do not think that Soviet War in Afghan. loses were sufficient enought to qualify for a full revenge on USSR for American loses in Vietnam.

Soviets lost 14.4 k in Afghanistan, US lost 50k in Vietnam (PWNT US). Are Russian, or anyone at all suffering now because of Vietnam? No. Is anyone suffering because of Afghanistan? We all know that. So what, Americans do stupid ****... don't we all?

Quote Originally Posted by JeweyK View Post
    How are you going to say anything about a "new world order" when dealing with wikileaks? The website gets information that the public should know about and publishes it. It's not some crazy conspiracy website created by the central bankers in an attempt to brainwash the world.
    Anonymous is synonymous with free speech, all I meant is that I didn't understand at the time how anonymous and free speech go hand in hand. I just don't get how you can be "free' but yet still feel the need to remain anonymous. Seems like the freedom their talking about isn't so free after all if you have to remain anonymous so that you wont be killed, threatened, railroaded etc. You could explain it to me in your own words please. That would be nice.

No but you are right, I should not have said anything about the nwo. +1 rep
    "My God's not dead, He's surely alive, He's living on the inside, Roaring like a lion!" - Newsboys, God's Not Dead

"God is dead and no one cares. If there is a hell I'll see you there." - NIN, Heresy

"And we told ourselves it didn't matter but in our hearts we knew better." - NIN, Zero Sum

Thread Information