Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: World of Tanks Beta

Enlightened

the way to win, is literally teamwork. You CANNOT win alone, you don't make much of a difference. You have to concentrate fire, and kill the cheaper tanks first, also kill light tanks fast. Arty, as much as I hate to say it, is vital for your team. Kill their arty, and you make a big difference.

Winning gives you alot more exp, scouting gives exp, damaging enemy tanks, you don't have to kill them.
    Shoot their tracks out, let your teammates rape them with you. Don't think of kill steals, think of winning the battle, you'll just hinder your team if your going just for kills and you'll die fast because playing like that doesn't work.

Light tanks, zig zag, move fast, scout, keep your distance and circle enemies, turrets only traverse so fast. Autoaim doesn't lead well, so moving at an angle will keep most people from hitting you. Arty are EASY targets, I've bypassed enemy lines and gotten 3 kills and damaged 2 others before.(always get tracks and engine first)

TD, hide in a bush way in the back works best. Arty is your worst enemy, so stay out of range is best idea. As td, you don't move much, you have accurate and powerful gun though(always get better gun first.) and you hide faster and better than other tanks, ALWAYS HIDE IN BUSHES. I just usually sit in bushes and wait for good target, because i usually die after second shot from arty. I shoot at light tanks that arent moving at an angle, medium tanks, and arty. I can one or two shot them almost always, use your shells to best use, explosive on heaviest tanks and light tanks/arty, armor piercing on heavier light tanks,medium tanks, and lighter heavy tanks.

Arty, stay in the back, hide in bushes, light tanks are your nemisis, they will zigzag and noone will be able to hit them, including you(never headbutt arty face to face, or head straight for them, they can 1shot most tanks)

Heavy tanks....well, just stay out of the way of arty, hide with buildings/hills/rocks so arty trajectory is blocked.

these strats are what I've been using, seem pretty intuitive tactics.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by gamepin126 View Post
    I registered, lets see what I can make :<
    Just get the russian version, and click on the red buttons :P
    Coming out of the closet is difficult and I just wanted to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to go through with it. [email protected]!

Inquisitor

Maybe I'll check this game out

Quote Originally Posted by Dyndrilliac View Post
    Seriously, I have done a lot of drugs. A lot of ****ing drugs. I would snort a line of cocaine off a piss stained urinal in some truck-stop dive with my closest friends and family looking on in disgust before I took anything from somebody I didn't know and trust. That's just ****ing dumb.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by MiCrOz View Post
    Maybe I'll check this game out
    It would be nice. It gets boring without hacks... i keep losing and very slowly gaining exp:( i am not that good at games... I feel good in SC though and in AoE II Conquerers.
    Coming out of the closet is difficult and I just wanted to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to go through with it. [email protected]!

Enlightened

i imagine its fun to play with people you know, but I've never played a multi-player game with people I know sooooooooo

i guess I just don't play mainstream enough games, none of my friends are ever on the games I play, but then again I didn't play tf2, day of defeat, COD(any of them), or left for dead so I guess it makes sense.

I'm working my way up Russian TD, Light tank, and arty branches at the same time, bought another tank slot for more room and selling lousy tanks.

Inquisitor

Quote Originally Posted by StarteR2 View Post
    It would be nice. It gets boring without hacks... i keep losing and very slowly gaining exp:( i am not that good at games... I feel good in SC though and in AoE II Conquerers.
    Well, it seems my dog has taken my wireless keyboard/mouse receiver, and hid it somewhere, so once I find it I'll be sure to get on that.

Seriously, I have done a lot of drugs. A lot of ****ing drugs. I would snort a line of cocaine off a piss stained urinal in some truck-stop dive with my closest friends and family looking on in disgust before I took anything from somebody I didn't know and trust. That's just ****ing dumb.

just got my key from alienware arena, going to try it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt View Post
    just got my key from alienware arena, going to try it out now.
    same here

Banned

Heretic

Dude that game looks sick.

Gold Member

Evangelist

Thanks for banning that dude, this thread is important to me, i got a KB tank atm. 172mm weapon lol!

Quote Originally Posted by StarteR2 View Post
    Thanks for banning that dude, this thread is important to me, i got a KB tank atm. 172mm weapon lol!
    just finished downloading it with my slow ass connection. 250kb/s dl rate. :(

finally going to try it out now...will edit with thoughts.

Banned
    Mortal

This game really looks cool, how long does it take to get a KB tank?

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

someone hook me up with a beta invite
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

Enlightened

you just sign up and get an invite after a few days. or so it happened with me, I dont think players get invites to hand out?

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

signed up a long time ago, ntohing
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

Inquisitor

Possibly/probably depends on the hardware setup you're running, assuming they asked for that up front.

Enlightened

im pretty sure all applications enter a que, and you're accepted based on the line when they feel like letting more people in, which was pretty fast for me. But idk, maybe their holding up on more people, or your just really far back in the line for registrants.

EDIT:

Yea, so it has entered open beta already. If you were waiting, wait no longer.

if any of you join NA server, hit me up n I'll play wid u. DeadlyDays
    Last edited by CrazyGerbilEater : 02-02-2011 at 01:44 PM

Poisonous Magic Pie Gold Member

Inquisitor

It's a pretty fun game, I've got an T-44, T54, IS-4, IS-7, SU-152, Panther, Panther 2, Ferdinand, Easy 8, T29, and pretty much all of the German and Russian tanks unlocked.

Thread Information