Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 122

Thread: So what about hacks?

Default So what about hacks?

Now that the letters have been sent, fill me in guys. What's the future of SC2 hacking?

Like I read in one thread Zynastor was developing a hack. I'm assuming he's not anymore?

Zealot

Lots of anonymity.

“Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”
    ProMasser: idk thats why i need help only thing i can program is viruses in notepad
    Dew: sc2 uses memcpy to print text correct? no. strncmp?

> Successfully Injected Heroin.dll <

I hope and suspect your right.

Deviant

did I miss something? whats going on?

Zealot

AV/Blizz had their litigation counsel send out warnings to various authors of the public StarCraft II hacks. DMCA notices were also sent to GameThreat and my site (BHFiles). I'll let dt comment on that when he wants to, but BHFiles sent a counter-notification and are prepared to minimize downtime as much as possible if something happens. We're just waiting.

“Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”
    ProMasser: idk thats why i need help only thing i can program is viruses in notepad
    Dew: sc2 uses memcpy to print text correct? no. strncmp?

> Successfully Injected Heroin.dll <

Advocate

Basically all hacks now are going to be tied to nobody. They will exist but there will be nobody to tie them to and they will most likely be uploaded to third party sites like rapidshare and megaupload, sites that have already been sued and won over other claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Yes, you're a moron because your British. Thats what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ View Post
    you also like to smoke fags.
    I'm hiding illegals penis's in my ass.

So its a cease and desist order? Correct me if im wrong, well game threat is only a forum that hosts discussions and downloads, it wouldn't seem liable for the creation of hacks and other 3rd party content that blizzard deems illicit, since Gamethreat itself is a host similar in theory to rapidshare megafile etc and doesn't directly partake in the creation in it, it just happens some staff are just hackers and hax publishers, and by staff, it doesn't directly tie it to the domain holder thus it shouldn't be liable. Perhaps Gamethreat falls under the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the DMCA? And it should be the direct publishers who Blizzard should be pursuing?

KC's Seal of Approval
    Disciple

That's exactly what they are doing.... Both Perma and Nano have received letters from blizz
    7654321 1234567

I get the feeling that any sort of morals that the hack authors had about not releasing certain exploits has gone out the window. Let the sc2 ruining hacks flow freely from there fingers lol.

Enlightened

Well I just shot them a nasty gram about not having the ability to play as different members in the same house. It is one thing when the entire game is based around online play, it is another when the game is meant for offline play and it can still only be played by one person with out sharing accounts. There has got to be some legal recourse as to them not allowing fair use of their ****ing game.

I ban you Otaku for making me check :P

Have you seen my penguins?

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrant View Post
    Well I just shot them a nasty gram about not having the ability to play as different members in the same house. It is one thing when the entire game is based around online play, it is another when the game is meant for offline play and it can still only be played by one person with out sharing accounts. There has got to be some legal recourse as to them not allowing fair use of their ****ing game.
    What pisses me off though is your just know there going to say "Don't buy the game then."

Guess we gotta wait for Blizzard to fix their ****.

Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrant View Post
    Well the TOU basically spells out you are not buying the game, just the usage of the game. This is not illegal as there are no laws covering it. Though you can complain about only being able to play with people of one country/language group, the EU will not do anything about this but if it chose to it could make all the Europeans servers unlocked as it can claim it is one political entity

亂七八糟看都沒有~友沒有台灣人ㄚ@@

We don't speak Japanese here, mam.

=) Senior Member
    Developer

Supreme Being

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Well the TOU basically spells out you are not buying the game, just the usage of the game. This is not illegal as there are no laws covering it. Though you can complain about only being able to play with people of one country/language group, the EU will not do anything about this but if it chose to it could make all the Europeans servers unlocked as it can claim it is one political entity
    I didnt sign any legal document when I took home the property that I purchased. Is it illegal to mod your car? Is it illegal to sell mods for cars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of Korhal View Post
    Let us hope so, if that Reverse Engineering crap actually works, I'll be amazed.

King of The Jews
    Prophet

You want to know why this didn't happen with StarCraft? Because the hack authors weren't handing out their ****, especially not selling it. Once it was recognized by the community, Blizzard had to do something. Sure people see hacks in StarCraft now, but it's 10 years later so Blizzard doesn't give a ****.

Advocate

I didnt sign any legal document when I took home the property that I purchased. Is it illegal to mod your car? Is it illegal to sell mods for cars?
    Exactly, they cannot pursue legal action legally. But in Europe they actually violate the EU's constitution! Breaking up the servers by country is actually deemed as international censorship! Really Blizzard should be the one getting C&D's from the gamers, not the other way around

Thread Information