Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 122

Thread: So what about hacks?

mov esi, 0x0539 Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

Saint

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Exactly, they cannot pursue legal action legally. But in Europe they actually violate the EU's constitution! Breaking up the servers by country is actually deemed as international censorship! Really Blizzard should be the one getting C&D's from the gamers, not the other way around
    Making or using cheats is in violation of the end user license agreement, which you clearly agree to before installing the software. Breaking that agreement is a breach of contract, which they can legally pursue you for.

I should C&D them :D

=) Senior Member
    Developer

Supreme Being

I already bought the ****ing CD, its mine. My property, any data on there is mine. They need to have you sign a legal document at the store and only sell it to you afterwords if they want to try and pull that ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of Korhal View Post
    Let us hope so, if that Reverse Engineering crap actually works, I'll be amazed.

mov esi, 0x0539 Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

Saint

Quote Originally Posted by K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ View Post
    I already bought the ****ing CD, its mine. My property, any data on there is mine. They need to have you sign a legal document at the store and only sell it to you afterwords if they want to try and pull that ****.
    I completely agree with you on that. But even if the data on there belongs to you, you're binding yourself to a contract by installing the software, and breaking the contract by creating hacks for the game. You pressed the "Agree" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Perma View Post
    Making or using cheats is in violation of the end user license agreement, which you clearly agree to before installing the software. Breaking that agreement is a breach of contract, which they can legally pursue you for.
    If you make hacks and don't install SC2 nor make an account, then that can't be a breach of EULA right?

=) Senior Member
    Developer

Supreme Being

I completely agree with you on that. But even if the data on there belongs to you, you're binding yourself to a contract by installing the software, and breaking the contract by creating hacks for the game. You pressed the "Agree" button.
    Man, that aint no legal contract. Thats me pressing a button.
    Let us hope so, if that Reverse Engineering crap actually works, I'll be amazed.

Advocate

what if someone reverse engineered the executable so it skips the eula? that way you never binded yourself to any contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano View Post
    what if someone reverse engineered the executable so it skips the eula? that way you never binded yourself to any contract.
    I think that might be somewhere near impossible, but hopefully somebody gives it a try.

Enlightened

The key point to all of this is the monetary issue. Remember that Blizz only managed to shut down the WoW server that was making a crap ton of money off of their intellectual property. Attaching money will automatically raise the interest of the law makers. Now of course they can come after a web site to try and stop the hosting, but I am pretty sure people can come up with interesting ways to distribute things.

edit:

I think that might be somewhere near impossible, but hopefully somebody gives it a try.
    Nothing is impossible.

I ban you Otaku for making me check :P

Have you seen my penguins?

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrant View Post
    The key point to all of this is the monetary issue. Remember that Blizz only managed to shut down the WoW server that was making a crap ton of money off of their intellectual property. Attaching money will automatically raise the interest of the law makers. Now of course they can come after a web site to try and stop the hosting, but I am pretty sure people can come up with interesting ways to distribute things.

edit:

Nothing is impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nigpig View Post
    im sorry where in the rules of this site say "You must upload a hack before you download more than x hacks." Not everyone is a nerd and spends there whole day in ollydebug looking for hacks in sc.
    Where in the rules does it say people named nigpig are allowed to speak?
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCrOz View Post
    Threads seem right on track to me. Pointless when it started, still pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by JeweyK View Post
    If you give a mouse a cookie... he will stop drawing comics.

King of The Jews
    Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano View Post
    I think there was a way in WoW to bypass hitting Agree, so you never actually agreed to it allowing you to use bots and such. It might have been the original StarCraft though.

Trollololol

Señor Member Administrator

Saint

Yes, that Reverse Engineering crap that all of our hackers use to make their hacks. Lol.

I mean as in the reverse engineering crap no body either
    A. Thought of
    or
    B. Perform
    im sorry where in the rules of this site say "You must upload a hack before you download more than x hacks." Not everyone is a nerd and spends there whole day in ollydebug looking for hacks in sc.

Enlightened

Sounds like some witch craft mumbo jumbo to me.

I ban you Otaku for making me check :P

Have you seen my penguins?

King of The Jews
    Prophet

Reverse Engineer? Why not just start a new campaign?

Man, that aint no legal contract. Thats me pressing a button.
    Think of it whichever way you want. It doesn't change the fact that it's still legally binding...

A zero-your personal hero Senior Member
    Gold Member

Blessed

Appearently they have even covered unpacking game files with their EULA. Then again, if you unpack their POS game, you never see it until you try to connect to Battle.net.
    Before you can play the game, you must:
    (I) Install the game;
    (II) Register, or have previously registered, a Battle.net account;
    (III) Log in to the Battle.net account registered with you;
    (IV) Enter the authentication code that was provided with your purchase of a license to play the game;
    (V) Complete the installation of the game by accepting the game's end user license agreement.
    On top of that, especially for Kc, who's all-confederate on this:
    The game is licensed, not sold.
    So by the looks of that, legally you're on a leash, as you own only a license you theoritically sign upon installing their game their way. But, like I said, you can bypass that EULA, probably until you connect with Battle.net, by unpacking content yourself.

If you think that's heinous ****, try reading the Battle.net Account Agreement or whatever the **** that POS is called, which you sign on top of registering a BN2.0 account. Yes, it was there from the start.

What I do agree on is:
    They need to have you sign a legal document at the store and only sell it to you afterwords if they want to try and pull that ****.
    I still think that "partnership" between Activision and Blizzard is hitting Blizz more. They get literally pissed on by Kotick, but, in their blind denial, they claim it's rain. Blizz used to put out quality stuff right until they shook hands with AcDivision. Even then, their greatest toy ever was developed by Blizzard North, not directly themselves.

But no worries, there's a reason behind Valve being the safest "haven" around right now.
    Last edited by Indefinite : 09-09-2010 at 12:15 AM

Advocate

Still utter bull****. Glad I registered my account under a pseudonym and a secondary email that uses the same name! They can trace my IP all they want, its dynamic so it would be a major pain to figure out who it is. The whole "electronic contract" idea doesn't amke sense to me, where exactly did I sign it? Without a signature is it even legally binding?
    Yes, you're a moron because your British. Thats what I said.
    you also like to smoke fags.
    I'm hiding illegals penis's in my ass.

King of The Jews
    Prophet

Still utter bull****. Glad I registered my account under a pseudonym and a secondary email that uses the same name! They can trace my IP all they want, its dynamic so it would be a major pain to figure out who it is. The whole "electronic contract" idea doesn't amke sense to me, where exactly did I sign it? Without a signature is it even legally binding?
    If you don't agree with it, don't hit Agree, problem solved.

According to TOS, you are "signing" by pressing Agree.

Thread Information