Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Schrödinger's cat

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Basically the whole logic is fail because it assumes that time is linear, prove to me that time is linear and I will accept it as fact
    Actually this theory would suggest that time and space are both non-linear and contain a duality of events there is no time or space just a constant every event is and every event is now, it is only put into linear time and spacial correlation by our senses and our mind to be able to ease us into an understanding of the process.

  2. #22

    Advocate
    Ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSC View Post
    Actually this theory would suggest that time and space are both non-linear and contain a duality of events there is no time or space just a constant every event is and every event is now, it is only put into linear time and spacial correlation by our senses and our mind to be able to ease us into an understanding of the process.
    Ah so it can be like the subway experiment? I forget the name of the guy who did it but it says that if no one is waiting for the train then the train will not arrive, it was proven. Twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Yes, you're a moron because your British. Thats what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ View Post
    you also like to smoke fags.
    Quote Originally Posted by K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ View Post
    I'm hiding illegals penis's in my ass.

  3. #23

    Default

    In theory the matter is partly correct with no observer (passengers) the train would be both there and not there - with observers the train would be both there and not there but consciously observered to be there - now when you say proven do you mean the train never appeared or rather that it passed right through? For any matter of proving this would include an observer and ruin the event - the irony of the case; regardless I would move to a place with better train service! :P

  4. #24
    King of The Jews
    Prophet
    JeweyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hannah, Montana
    Posts
    6,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSC View Post
    In theory the matter is partly correct with no observer (passengers) the train would be both there and not there - with observers the train would be both there and not there but consciously observered to be there - now when you say proven do you mean the train never appeared or rather that it passed right through? For any matter of proving this would include an observer and ruin the event - the irony of the case; regardless I would move to a place with better train service! :P
    You should try Italy, I hear they're always on time.

    I'm not sure how well I'm interpreting this, but if there was no observer, could it have been proven because the train was not there and there? Since no one saw it, the two possibilities would occur thus proving the train did not arrive? Eh, just wanted to feel smart.

  5. #25

    Default

    In away but rather it did appear and did not appear but no conscious conclusion can be drawn as it was not observed only an assumption can be made. As soon as we place an observer (even a camera) in the location we have added an observer. in theory we need to remove all conscious, and influence/recording based apparatus from the location; hence the blackboard experiment is one of the few we can successfully do

  6. #26
    Gold Member

    Evangelist
    StarteR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sexyland™
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    This sounds a lot like the tree falling in the forest. If no one was there, no observer to see or hear it fall, it both fell and did not fall?

    This is becoming ridiculous, what is the point of designing such experiments that simply show that two outcomes are possible when you open the box, the cat being alive or dead. To prove that there are other universes?
    Coming out of the closet is difficult and I just wanted to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to go through with it. [email protected]!

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarteR2 View Post
    This sounds a lot like the tree falling in the forest. If no one was there, no observer to see or hear it fall, it both fell and did not fall?

    This is becoming ridiculous, what is the point of designing such experiments that simply show that two outcomes are possible when you open the box, the cat being alive or dead. To prove that there are other universes?
    lol it's more a matter of explaining that the universe is not linear but rather a quantum universe and the position of the observer changes things. We define a manifest destiny over a quantum dynamic. You should watch the documentary called "What the bleep do we know" it is on this topic.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Celestial Entity
    gamepin126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    "Into the Rabbit Hole" wasn't bad either
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

    "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

  9. #29

    High Priest
    arcanise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    yuma arizona
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    does a tree make any sound when it falls if no one is around to hear it?
    mobo ASUS P6X58D Premium
    CPU Intel i7 965 bloomfield xe OC'd 3.6Ghz
    ram OCZ gold edition 12GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
    video GTX 465 OC'd 770//1540//1700 CSM
    HDD's 1X kingston 60GB SSD
    HDD's 1X WD 512GB 10,000 RPM
    HDD's 1X WD 1TB 7200 RPM
    Case Cooler master sniper
    cool things Aerocool touch screen fan controller
    OS: win 7 ult X64

  10. #30
    Chaotic Good Gold Member

    High Priest
    Aiur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Technodrome
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanise View Post
    does a tree make any sound when it falls if no one is around to hear it?
    Yes. Just as music will continue to play even if no one can hear it, a falling tree will make sound(s) even if it is not observed.


  11. #31

    High Priest
    arcanise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    yuma arizona
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    prove it
    mobo ASUS P6X58D Premium
    CPU Intel i7 965 bloomfield xe OC'd 3.6Ghz
    ram OCZ gold edition 12GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
    video GTX 465 OC'd 770//1540//1700 CSM
    HDD's 1X kingston 60GB SSD
    HDD's 1X WD 512GB 10,000 RPM
    HDD's 1X WD 1TB 7200 RPM
    Case Cooler master sniper
    cool things Aerocool touch screen fan controller
    OS: win 7 ult X64

  12. #32
    Gold Member

    Evangelist
    StarteR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sexyland™
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanise View Post
    prove it
    It was his opinion, he doesn't have to prove it. You asked him for his opinion, you cannot ask him for unproven facts and philosophical issues, are you just being low?

    And by the way, you are offtopic.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSC View Post
    lol it's more a matter of explaining that the universe is not linear but rather a quantum universe and the position of the observer changes things. We define a manifest destiny over a quantum dynamic. You should watch the documentary called "What the bleep do we know" it is on this topic.
    I found What the Bleep?!: Down in the rabbit hole. I don't get it, is that it?
    Coming out of the closet is difficult and I just wanted to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to go through with it. [email protected]!

  13. #33
    Senior Member

    Inquisitor
    MiCrOz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    4,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanise View Post
    prove it
    Set a camera in a forest and see for yourself

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyndrilliac View Post
    Seriously, I have done a lot of drugs. A lot of ****ing drugs. I would snort a line of cocaine off a piss stained urinal in some truck-stop dive with my closest friends and family looking on in disgust before I took anything from somebody I didn't know and trust. That's just ****ing dumb.

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiur View Post
    Yes. Just as music will continue to play even if no one can hear it, a falling tree will make sound(s) even if it is not observed.
    Quantum theory would suggest it would both make a sound and not make a sound, and only one would be definitive once an observer

    Quote Originally Posted by StarteR2 View Post
    It was his opinion, he doesn't have to prove it. You asked him for his opinion, you cannot ask him for unproven facts and philosophical issues, are you just being low?

    And by the way, you are offtopic.



    I found What the Bleep?!: Down in the rabbit hole. I don't get it, is that it?
    Yea that's the one watch it it is an excellent documentary in 2 hour version or full 8 hour

    Quote Originally Posted by MiCrOz View Post
    Set a camera in a forest and see for yourself
    Actually that wouldn't work a camera is a technical observer!

  15. #35
    primum non nocere Senior Member
    Gold Member

    Inquisitor
    han_han's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,329

    Default

    In reference to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, you cannot know an electrons position and know its momentum at the same time (with momentum, velocity, and all related speed-mass properties). Basically any observation of the electron would require an energy change that would shift its velocity from what it was before. We can calculate what an electron's energy is, but then we could not directly observe the electron in its exact position because, again, observation by current means requires an energy shift (i.e. a photon strikes the electron, and the electron absorbs the energy, or the electron releases a photon and loses energy).

  16. #36
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡ Senior Member
    Gold Member

    Enlightened
    Ranged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    /Gamethreat/
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    If the box is well sealed, i would say the cat is dead from lacks of oxygen.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Celestial Entity
    gamepin126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    Nah, all boxes in hypothetical situations have infinite oxygen.
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

    "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

  18. #38
    Gold Member

    Evangelist
    StarteR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sexyland™
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamepin126 View Post
    Nah, all boxes in hypothetical situations have infinite oxygen.
    thanks for pointing that out...
    Coming out of the closet is difficult and I just wanted to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to go through with it. [email protected]!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •