Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Schrödinger's cat

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Basically the whole logic is fail because it assumes that time is linear, prove to me that time is linear and I will accept it as fact
    Actually this theory would suggest that time and space are both non-linear and contain a duality of events there is no time or space just a constant every event is and every event is now, it is only put into linear time and spacial correlation by our senses and our mind to be able to ease us into an understanding of the process.

Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSC View Post
    Actually this theory would suggest that time and space are both non-linear and contain a duality of events there is no time or space just a constant every event is and every event is now, it is only put into linear time and spacial correlation by our senses and our mind to be able to ease us into an understanding of the process.
    Ah so it can be like the subway experiment? I forget the name of the guy who did it but it says that if no one is waiting for the train then the train will not arrive, it was proven. Twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Yes, you're a moron because your British. Thats what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ View Post
    you also like to smoke fags.
    Quote Originally Posted by K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ View Post
    I'm hiding illegals penis's in my ass.

In theory the matter is partly correct with no observer (passengers) the train would be both there and not there - with observers the train would be both there and not there but consciously observered to be there - now when you say proven do you mean the train never appeared or rather that it passed right through? For any matter of proving this would include an observer and ruin the event - the irony of the case; regardless I would move to a place with better train service! :P

King of The Jews
    Prophet

In theory the matter is partly correct with no observer (passengers) the train would be both there and not there - with observers the train would be both there and not there but consciously observered to be there - now when you say proven do you mean the train never appeared or rather that it passed right through? For any matter of proving this would include an observer and ruin the event - the irony of the case; regardless I would move to a place with better train service! :P
    You should try Italy, I hear they're always on time.

I'm not sure how well I'm interpreting this, but if there was no observer, could it have been proven because the train was not there and there? Since no one saw it, the two possibilities would occur thus proving the train did not arrive? Eh, just wanted to feel smart.

In away but rather it did appear and did not appear but no conscious conclusion can be drawn as it was not observed only an assumption can be made. As soon as we place an observer (even a camera) in the location we have added an observer. in theory we need to remove all conscious, and influence/recording based apparatus from the location; hence the blackboard experiment is one of the few we can successfully do

Gold Member

Evangelist

This sounds a lot like the tree falling in the forest. If no one was there, no observer to see or hear it fall, it both fell and did not fall?

This is becoming ridiculous, what is the point of designing such experiments that simply show that two outcomes are possible when you open the box, the cat being alive or dead. To prove that there are other universes?
    Coming out of the closet is difficult and I just wanted to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to go through with it. [email protected]!

Quote Originally Posted by StarteR2 View Post
    This sounds a lot like the tree falling in the forest. If no one was there, no observer to see or hear it fall, it both fell and did not fall?

This is becoming ridiculous, what is the point of designing such experiments that simply show that two outcomes are possible when you open the box, the cat being alive or dead. To prove that there are other universes?
    lol it's more a matter of explaining that the universe is not linear but rather a quantum universe and the position of the observer changes things. We define a manifest destiny over a quantum dynamic. You should watch the documentary called "What the bleep do we know" it is on this topic.

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

"Into the Rabbit Hole" wasn't bad either
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

High Priest

does a tree make any sound when it falls if no one is around to hear it?
    mobo ASUS P6X58D Premium
    CPU Intel i7 965 bloomfield xe OC'd 3.6Ghz
    ram OCZ gold edition 12GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
    video GTX 465 OC'd 770//1540//1700 CSM
    HDD's 1X kingston 60GB SSD
    HDD's 1X WD 512GB 10,000 RPM
    HDD's 1X WD 1TB 7200 RPM
    Case Cooler master sniper
    cool things Aerocool touch screen fan controller

Chaotic Good Gold Member

High Priest

Quote Originally Posted by arcanise View Post
    does a tree make any sound when it falls if no one is around to hear it?
    Yes. Just as music will continue to play even if no one can hear it, a falling tree will make sound(s) even if it is not observed.

High Priest

prove it
    mobo ASUS P6X58D Premium
    CPU Intel i7 965 bloomfield xe OC'd 3.6Ghz
    ram OCZ gold edition 12GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
    video GTX 465 OC'd 770//1540//1700 CSM
    HDD's 1X kingston 60GB SSD
    HDD's 1X WD 512GB 10,000 RPM
    HDD's 1X WD 1TB 7200 RPM
    Case Cooler master sniper
    cool things Aerocool touch screen fan controller

Gold Member

Evangelist

prove it
    It was his opinion, he doesn't have to prove it. You asked him for his opinion, you cannot ask him for unproven facts and philosophical issues, are you just being low?

And by the way, you are offtopic.

lol it's more a matter of explaining that the universe is not linear but rather a quantum universe and the position of the observer changes things. We define a manifest destiny over a quantum dynamic. You should watch the documentary called "What the bleep do we know" it is on this topic.
    I found What the Bleep?!: Down in the rabbit hole. I don't get it, is that it?
    Coming out of the closet is difficult and I just wanted to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to go through with it. [email protected]!

Inquisitor

prove it
    Set a camera in a forest and see for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Dyndrilliac View Post
    Seriously, I have done a lot of drugs. A lot of ****ing drugs. I would snort a line of cocaine off a piss stained urinal in some truck-stop dive with my closest friends and family looking on in disgust before I took anything from somebody I didn't know and trust. That's just ****ing dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiur View Post
    Yes. Just as music will continue to play even if no one can hear it, a falling tree will make sound(s) even if it is not observed.
    Quantum theory would suggest it would both make a sound and not make a sound, and only one would be definitive once an observer

Quote Originally Posted by StarteR2 View Post
    It was his opinion, he doesn't have to prove it. You asked him for his opinion, you cannot ask him for unproven facts and philosophical issues, are you just being low?

And by the way, you are offtopic.

I found What the Bleep?!: Down in the rabbit hole. I don't get it, is that it?
    Yea that's the one watch it it is an excellent documentary in 2 hour version or full 8 hour

Quote Originally Posted by MiCrOz View Post
    Set a camera in a forest and see for yourself
    Actually that wouldn't work a camera is a technical observer!

primum non nocere Senior Member
    Gold Member

Inquisitor

In reference to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, you cannot know an electrons position and know its momentum at the same time (with momentum, velocity, and all related speed-mass properties). Basically any observation of the electron would require an energy change that would shift its velocity from what it was before. We can calculate what an electron's energy is, but then we could not directly observe the electron in its exact position because, again, observation by current means requires an energy shift (i.e. a photon strikes the electron, and the electron absorbs the energy, or the electron releases a photon and loses energy).

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡ Senior Member
    Gold Member

Enlightened

If the box is well sealed, i would say the cat is dead from lacks of oxygen.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

Nah, all boxes in hypothetical situations have infinite oxygen.
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

Gold Member

Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by gamepin126 View Post
    Nah, all boxes in hypothetical situations have infinite oxygen.
    thanks for pointing that out...

Thread Information