Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Exceptional Anime

  1. #41

    Enlightened
    CrazyGerbilEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    I...Dont...Know...
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Here is a list of a few
    Hakuouki (ongoing subbing by dattebayo)
    rurouni kenshin (youve probaly already watched it, but just in case)
    Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
    Gintama (actually future, however it has samurai n swords n shinsengumi so yea)
    Seirei no Moribito
    The sacred blacksmith(this is meh)
    peace maker kurogane

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Celestial Entity
    gamepin126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGerbilEater View Post
    has anyone mentioned The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya yet??
    Get out of my thread.
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

    "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

  3. #43
    DSG's Woman
    Deviant
    X_ZOMbehcheeseCAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Zombie loan was awesome imo, I wish they made more of it =(

    X_Zombehcake_<3

  4. #44
    Nightman Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Blessed
    Fallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,466

    Default

    Necro'ing thread and wished there was an anime sub-section some where but, for those still looking I've come across a couple animes the past few weeks that have been a delightful treat.
    First, I wanna start with Baccano!, an anime NOT about Japan, but focuses more on America's history and mob like organizations.
    Kuro****suji is another I saw. Short season about a boy, near death, who was saved by a demon. Demon gives him the ability to get revenge on those who destroyed his life, at the price of devouring the boy's soul after revenge is taken.
    And for those who took an interest in Death Note; Code Geass was a very good anime, only downside to it is the gundams (Not a Gundamn fan) but other than that its very good. Has the menacing smart main character who at times seems like the villian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    Came in this thread expecting to come in this thread. You sir have broken my heart.

  5. #45

    Enlightened
    CrazyGerbilEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    I...Dont...Know...
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    I've watched a bunch more anime

    and out of those, people need to see these

    Gantz - Bloody death at its best.
    Shigurui - Series of movies, I thought they were fairly unique.

    those are the only ones that truly stand out as different. An anime Subsection would be epic.

  6. #46

    Deviant
    BXRu2Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ----------->
    Posts
    137

    Default

    I found Serial Experiments Lain pretty interesting.
    Reading this has given the sniper adequate time to aim.

    Quote Originally Posted by han_han View Post
    Projectile diarrhea would be nice now, wouldn't it?

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Celestial Entity
    gamepin126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    Ergo Proxy is pretty cool, someone else recommended it in another thread.

    I like the little history/philosophy lessons at the end of each episode.
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

    "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Celestial Entity
    gamepin126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    Appleseed Ex Machina, pretty sweet...

    wiki...

    The world is in recovery in the aftermath of World War III, and a new nation has risen above the rest: Olympus. By maintaining ESWAT as an elite law enforcement unit with worldwide jurisdiction, Olympus is intent on maintaining world peace. Though ESWAT is successfully employed when dealing with military threats, the greater of threat of human nature must also be combated, and Olympus does this with bioroids - genetically engineered humans who are unable to feel emotion, and thus cannot have their judgement impaired by it. They are in control of Olympus, occupying every major government office, though there are others who maintain ordinary lives among the population.
    Poseidon, a multinational industrial conglomerate whose operations include the manufacture of cyborg components and consumer electronics, has a dirty little secret to hide. One of their top researchers has gone renegade, taking his expertise in mind control and delusions of grandeur with him. Using his knowledge, he plans to take over the world by transmitting a signal to the latest consumer gadget manufactured by Poseidon which will allow him to control the mind of whoever is wearing it.
    pix...

    http://twitchfilm.net/mastheads/uplo..._Exmachina.jpg
    http://io9.com/assets/resources/2008/02/Appleseed14.jpg
    http://www.anime-kun.net/animes/scre...achina-927.jpg
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

    "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

  9. #49

    Default

    Soul Eater is an all time favorite, the manga is a little iffy, but the anime was exceptional until the lame ending. It's pretty funny up to like the 45th episode than it's boring...

    It's not short, but not exactly One Piece Long term material.

    It's about 51 episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nigpig View Post
    im sorry where in the rules of this site say "You must upload a hack before you download more than x hacks." Not everyone is a nerd and spends there whole day in ollydebug looking for hacks in sc.
    Where in the rules does it say people named nigpig are allowed to speak?
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCrOz View Post
    Threads seem right on track to me. Pointless when it started, still pointless.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeweyK View Post
    If you give a mouse a cookie... he will stop drawing comics.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Celestial Entity
    gamepin126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGerbilEater View Post
    Black Lagoon - This is very deep, shows the difference between people who grow up within society's contraints, vs those who grow up in brutal worlds and lose that part of them.
    somewhat modern day pirates take this one guy hostage, but he decides to stay with these pirates(transporters) who live in an outlaw city. He's missing that same part of himself as they
    are missing, and you see him come to understand it completly. The part that makes you part of society, decancy and morality, that lives have value. bunch of mind****
    While I disagree with it being deep, it has it's moments.

    afk season2
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

    "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Celestial Entity
    gamepin126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    I come bearing gifts.

    _Gundam-ish_
    • Infinite Stratos - A new military technology and only females can control it, with the exception of 1 guy. They all go to this high tech highschool to learn how to control these. 5+ harem, power suits, etc
    • Break Blade - The main power resource in the world is people's ability to control Quartz with their mind. They've made Gundams that are powered by this, and all the weapons and stuff are coiled tension guns and stuff like that. A farmboy who is the only person in the world who can't control quartz ends up being the only person who can also power this gundam they unearthed from an ancient civilization it has like 50x the speed, power and of any current technology and the story revolves around this guy who is normally peaceful and lazy into becoming a soldier to protect his friends and where he lives. Each ep is like 1h long, really high quality and even if you don't really care for gundams it's good


    _Gorey_
    • Black Lagoon - placed in the Somali pirate area of the world, the city is kept in check by the balance of Russian Mafia, The Triad and the Cartels. A ton of gun play and deep conversations - If you watch only 1 anime I recommend, it better be this one.
    • When They CRy Higurashi - The way it tells the story is pretty unique. It gives you the ending in the first ep, and then continues from the beginning as normal. You're constantly trying to predict what's going to happen next. It's about a guy that moves to a rural village as a transfer student and everything's hunky dorey until he starts finding out about their village's true nature.
    • Ga Rei Zero - A govt. agency is tasked with eliminating supernatural disturbances, has to do with demons and people getting possessed. Good fight scenes and the backstory makes you get real attached to the characters.
    • Gantz - Right off the bat, the first ep has interspecies cunnilingis. Just saying. This weird guy inside a ball teleports people to this flat right before they die (as they die) and they're tasked with eliminating aliens although they aren't told exactly what they're supposed to do, they just figure it out. So there's a ton of drama and stress about people being picked up just after dying, given weapons and told to do stuff. If they win, they live. If they die,they really die.
    • Deadman Wonderland - A boy is framed for the murder of 29 of his fellow students, as the only survivor he's sent to a prison that acts as a amusement park and the prisoners entertain visitors. The boy gains supernatural powers which turn his blood a weapon, can't really tell much else, only 1 ep is out. Looks good tho


    _Supernatural Stuffs_
    • Toaru Majutsu no Index - In Academy City, a city that revolves around the best technology in the world, and is a shelter for people born with ESP special powers, there's a boy whose right hand nullifies all supernatural phenomenon and he's brought into the contrasting world of magic and the roman catholic church and he's pretty much the only neutral party in the war between the two.
    • Toaru Kagaku no Rerugan - (A Certain Scientific Railgun) - A spinoff of Toaru Majustsu no Index, it revolves around one of the 7 level 5 ability users in the city and the various trouble she gets into. There's a lot of interaction between the this and the main series, personally I'd recommend watching this as it gives more background into Academy City.
    • C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control - Greedy people with no money make a deal with a demon to fight in order to get paid. The only catch is they subsidize your money with your future.
    • Kamisama Dolls -
    • Angel Beats! - People have died but they end up in a purgatory type place that's a highschool. There's loads of fighting and guns and it's pretty entertaining. It actually got me choked up at the end. Freakin' amazing anime, you better watch it. I swear, I'll find out if you didn't.
    • Dantalian no Shoka - Gosick and this are basically identical in pretty much every way, Gosick's better though. Still worth watching.
    • Dance in the Vampire Bund - Through raw capital and brute force political leverage the vampire queen reveals vampires to the world and creates an island for them off the coast of japan. Think racial integration, but with vampires. Good stuff



    _misc_
    • Gosick - A super intelligent little girl solves mysteries, and there's a boy who helps this girl become more human. If you like Conan or Code Geass then you'll probably like this.
    • Fractale - Hundreds of years ago humans made an artifiical god that gave all humans on earth peace, and it needs to be rebooted every 100 years. A girl stole the key to Fractale and gives it to a boy, they end up following around a terrorist group that's trying to resist the artificial "peace" as they want to live normally.
    • Eden of the East - Some guy gives a bunch of strangers 9billion (I think, I forgot) dollars and a cellphone that connects them to a concierge who will fulfill any reasonable requests and they're tasked with changing Japan and correcting it's path into the modern era. One guy erased his memories and he tries to regain them while learning what kind of person he was and what he did with his money. Pretty awesome


    --

    If I was gonna put a gun to your head and make you watch a month of anime in one sitting it'd probably be in an order resembling this:


    Code:
    Black Lagoon
    Angel Beats!
    Eden of the East
    Steins Gate
    Deadman Wonderland
    C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
    Ergo Proxy
    Dance in the Vampire Bund
    Ga Rei Zero
    Gosick
    Kamisama Dolls
    and everything else after somewhere
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

    "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

  12. #52
    =) Senior Member
    Developer

    Supreme Being
    K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    11,794

    Default

    Angel Beats! **** yah show was greeat.

    Eden of the East is definitly one I recommend as well. Dont forget to watch the movie too.

    High School of the Dead was ****ing amazing too if anyone hasnt mentioned that yet. Even if you dont like "scary" ****, you'll like this.

    I didnt mind sands of destruction too much kinda weird but eh.

    And then I watched ouran host club or whatever its called and its pretty gay but its fun.

    ****ing netflix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of Korhal View Post
    Let us hope so, if that Reverse Engineering crap actually works, I'll be amazed.

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Celestial Entity
    gamepin126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    Got bored and remade my anime list
    https://trello.com/board/anime/50669cb0adf484f5136d5a43

    SUGGESTIONS?!
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

    "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

  14. #54
    mooo Gold Member

    Blessed
    Pharnax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamepin126 View Post
    SUGGESTIONS?!
    Life get!

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Celestial Entity
    gamepin126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    we all make sacrifices for the greater good
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

    "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

  16. #56

    Deviant
    Mello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Crawls into cats and calls it home
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Oh boy, you should make an account here http://myanimelist.net because that list looks ****ty. They have a compare feature so you can add friends and find out what anime you have both seen or what anime is unique to them.

    Hey

  17. #57
    =) Senior Member
    Developer

    Supreme Being
    K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    11,794

    Default

    you told him
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of Korhal View Post
    Let us hope so, if that Reverse Engineering crap actually works, I'll be amazed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for another anime.
    By gamepin126 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 06:30 PM
  2. what's that anime with...
    By gamepin126 in forum Flame Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM
  3. Anime
    By CrazyGerbilEater in forum Music and Movies
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 04:23 AM
  4. I'm looking for some anime...
    By gamepin126 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 05:18 PM
  5. Anime?
    By The_Jelly in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-17-2006, 02:28 PM

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •