Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Project: Toyota 4Runner

Enchantment? Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Quote Originally Posted by MiCrOz View Post
    Sorry, wiki says 95-02, but they meant production not model year. And thats hardly any fab at all, the only thing that was custom made besides the motor mount is the oil pan, which is pretty much just welding a box.

Just wait until I start logging our SAS (solid axel swap) in our '00 Explorer. Now THATS gonna be some fab work. (afaik only been done like 3-4 times before ever)
    Why on earth are you doing that?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by jpheonix View Post
    i have a form of dyslexia that hinders my ability to scout and macro at the same time.

Inquisitor

Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Why on earth are you doing that?

Why would anyone ever do a SAS, for a stronger axle. When you start running 38"+ tires and 4.56+ gears, theres only so much a stock axle can take, let alone an independent suspension.

When I get home I'll post up some pics of what it'll look like when its done

Quote Originally Posted by Dyndrilliac View Post
    Seriously, I have done a lot of drugs. A lot of ****ing drugs. I would snort a line of cocaine off a piss stained urinal in some truck-stop dive with my closest friends and family looking on in disgust before I took anything from somebody I didn't know and trust. That's just ****ing dumb.

Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Stock axle with locker ftw

i have a form of dyslexia that hinders my ability to scout and macro at the same time.

Inquisitor

Wouldn't matter, it wouldn't have enough power to turn over such big tires, and the IFS would break from the strain of any decent off roading

Seriously, I have done a lot of drugs. A lot of ****ing drugs. I would snort a line of cocaine off a piss stained urinal in some truck-stop dive with my closest friends and family looking on in disgust before I took anything from somebody I didn't know and trust. That's just ****ing dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Hopefully I can get my mechanic to delete the cat as well. Emissions paper in glovebox is from last october, so no worries for a while.
    just a suggestion, get your mechanic to weld flanges onto a "piece pipe", and flanges on the cat, as well so you can just unbolt the cat / rebolt it back in for emissions testing...less hassle than getting it cut off, then rewelded, cut off, rewelded...etc.

All that would need to be purchased is flange gaskets every time you swap it to reduce the chance of an exhaust leak. ($5 or so)

Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Why do you need 38"s anyways lol..rock climbing?

Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

After being inspired by a few other members on t4r.org, I finally got around to cleaning up my trim with an amazing product called PLASTIDIP! Hope it doesn't peel :banana:

Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Ditched running boards, painted rear bumper

First things first, I finally got my PA system setup. I'm using a Wolo Power Play Model 346, I had seen it on amazon one day and then James (COB) had installed it in his rig and said it was loud, so I bought it. Thing is def loud, and its def kinda fun to mess with!
    I wedged it in the top of the engine bay next to the brake master cylander, there is a magnetic foot that is being held to teh side of the chasis. I should probably mount it, but I'm happy with it, it can't move the way its in there.

Next thing is I finally ordered some 99+ headlights. I picked up some aftermarket Depo branded ones from go-part when I ordered my radiator (still haven't installed). They have a MUCH better light pattern than the stock 97 lights IMO. I need to get matching corners though, I didn't realize how crappy they'd look.
    New vs Old

Cell phone takes ****ty pics in low light, sorry

I also got a new vinyl for the back window, I like it but I want to put something in the middle?????

I also got my Alpine KTP-445 "powerpack" amplifier hooked up, with stock speakers it cleans up the sound quite a bit at normal-loud listening volumes (like 12ish on my X303) and it allows me to listen to music up into the low 20s, which I never could do before. I can't wait till I get my Alpine Type S 600C components and Type S 500 coaxials installed tomorrow. Then amp and cap along with new sub box will go in on Thursday. Will def update this weekend.

Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Installed the LED 3rd brake light today. No pics on this sorry, will get around to it.
    Also installed the rear spidertrax spacers, looking MUCH MUCH better IMO!

Spacer on the rear drum:

This side wasnt done:

This side is done:

Some pics from the ass:

So today I put some decals on, washed it and tok pics of the CB install like I was requested to. i think I went a bit too much with the decals, any ideas what should go and what should stay? Or does it look ok?

New back thingy

Close up on 3rd brake light LED

This is on the back window on either side

Fast picture at walmart after I washed it

Dash/CB Install

Inquisitor

These are the kinda 4runners we rock

Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Thread Information