Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Showing results 141 to 151 of 151

Thread: How to play SC with friends behind same router: NO VPN Needed!!

  1. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschild91 View Post
    Learn what your talking about before posting.
    WRT54G is actually one of the more popular routers. I can have 3 computers on my network all playing Starcraft without lag......possibly upgrade from dial-up?(My firmware version is 4.20.7, I see no reason to upgrade it, since it works fine as it is.)
    (2 of the computers are wireless-without lag)
    People continually say to Port Foward Port 6118, but SC actually uses ports 6112-6119. So if you add a Port Foward for the every IP that your computers use then it should work fine.....if you don't know how to do that type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, the default user///pass is admin///admin
    Click Applications and Gaming, for Application type "Starcraft", Start=6112, End=6119, Protocol=Both, Router Designated IP address=192.168.1.100 (default first IP**) and check enable. **If you don't know your IP its simple to find out, open command prompt and type ipconfig, use the given IP that it tells you. Make sure you make another line for each computer used.
    If that doesn't work *which it should* I'll guide you through setting up a QoS.
    Ok out of all the s*** i read on here (and googled the s*** out of this topic) and Chaos's post makes the most sence to me, dont get me wrong i understand wat Temp is saying. I have a linksys wrt160n but its pretty much the same thing as the older model (wrt54).

    Now for the registry stuff now. Do i have to do anything to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareBattle.netConfiguration in the registry like it shows here 2 Computer 1 Router - Ghoztcraft [Gaming Made Easy] | Starcraft Hacks | Diablo II Hacks | Warcraft Hacks | WoW Hacks | Counter Strike Hacks Chaos when you say start are u refereeing to external port and when u say end are you refereeing to internal port or is it the other way around, and one other thing can you post a short dealy to follow like ports to use add ect. even tho i think i know i want to be sure. sceenshots are welcomed to thanks

    edit now i just feel a like retarded but still need help might need help with setting up a qos but idk ill wait tell you repley thanks again
    Last edited by Ghost-Hacker : 01-23-2009 at 08:20 AM Reason: Add more stuff

  2. #142

    Default

    Wow this thread is old.....anyway sorry to burst your bubbles guys but as of patch 1.16.1 this stuff won't work. Have you taken a look at your starcraft registry's since the new patch? Everything is different, separate battlenet folder and starcraft folder and tons of new keys and dwords and all sorts of crap. It doesn't even tell you what port is being used for starcraft anymore.

    Before this patch it was soooooo easy for me to get starcraft working for like 8 computers behind one router. Gave each computer a dword port (except the original which was 6112) from 6113-6119 because those were the ports besides 6112 that bnet supported. Then port triggered 4000, or was it 4001? Don't remember; anyway it worked. Now it doesn't.

  3. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HonorGuideMe! View Post
    Wow this thread is old.....anyway sorry to burst your bubbles guys but as of patch 1.16.1 this stuff won't work. Have you taken a look at your starcraft registry's since the new patch? Everything is different, separate battlenet folder and starcraft folder and tons of new keys and dwords and all sorts of crap. It doesn't even tell you what port is being used for starcraft anymore.

    Before this patch it was soooooo easy for me to get starcraft working for like 8 computers behind one router. Gave each computer a dword port (except the original which was 6112) from 6113-6119 because those were the ports besides 6112 that bnet supported. Then port triggered 4000, or was it 4001? Don't remember; anyway it worked. Now it doesn't.
    Its 4000 i think anyways, really well my reg dont have wat ur talking about after i went to 1.16.1

  4. #144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HonorGuideMe! View Post
    Wow this thread is old.....anyway sorry to burst your bubbles guys but as of patch 1.16.1 this stuff won't work. Have you taken a look at your starcraft registry's since the new patch? Everything is different, separate battlenet folder and starcraft folder and tons of new keys and dwords and all sorts of crap. It doesn't even tell you what port is being used for starcraft anymore.

    Before this patch it was soooooo easy for me to get starcraft working for like 8 computers behind one router. Gave each computer a dword port (except the original which was 6112) from 6113-6119 because those were the ports besides 6112 that bnet supported. Then port triggered 4000, or was it 4001? Don't remember; anyway it worked. Now it doesn't.
    Did you actually follow the steps listed in this thread? Because it sounds to me like you didn't. You just say you changed the port sc was using and port triggered it.

    Well FYI that doesn't work, which is the reason this thread was made in the first place. If you want to do it you have to install openwrt on your router and do all the steps listed here to get it to work (note you won't be able to host games tho).

    I've tried it and yes, it works.

  5. #145
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

    Celestial Entity
    gamepin126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haxin View Post
    I've read through all seven pages of this thread as I recently re-encountered this problem. I want to thank to TheTempest in advance for doing the R&D and posting his findings (aka the alleged fix).

    TheTempest: I'm going to try your iptables suggestion this evening and attempt to post the results if I remember to do so. I do however have a question about your solution:
    According to Blizzard Blizzard Support:
    Your iptables rule is only for UDP. Do we have to do the same for TCP as well?
    If not, can you explain why?
    Most games. while playing, communicate using UDP, it reduces ping time and CPU resources because you don't checksum.
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

    "Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

  6. #146

    Default argh

    i've done everything up to putty, where when i put in the router information ([email protected], the ports and such) it tells me "Network error: Connection refused". I've tried many different things but can't find a solution, do you know how to fix this?


    edit: okay nvm, fixed that. now when i have my linux vi editor open editing firewall.user, i can't save the changes i made to it. i get an error saying that its a read only file system. i've looked around the internet and there are multiple ways to write and save it, but none of them work, ending up with the same error. please help
    Last edited by snow_blind : 04-20-2009 at 03:13 PM

  7. #147

    Default

    Is there an update on this sense 1.161?? Didn't see much to actually verify the information??

    Also, should this problem {two computers same game lag} exist if you don't use a separate router, but still have two computers using the "same" internet connection? What I mean is, my Modem{/router} is a multi-port modem. It has a phone-line jack for ADSL, internet phone jack, 4 ethernet ports, and wireless.

    So, without plugging a separate router into the modem, will I be able to play SC with 2 people in the same game by just using the modem jacks by itself?

    Thanks!!

  8. #148

    Default !

    Hi guys!

    I found the solution for 1.16.1.

    You can find it here:

    Battle.net - English Forums -> SC on bnet with 2+ Computers SAME LAN - FIXED

    Cheers

    PS: I dont support the use of hacks on battle.net, nor do I use them myself. But I want to spread the news on as much places as possible so that Googling it will make it easy for people to find the solution.
    Last edited by Ass[eM] : 07-22-2009 at 12:09 PM

  9. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ass[eM] View Post
    Hi guys!

    I found the solution for 1.16.1.

    You can find it here:

    Battle.net - English Forums -> SC on bnet with 2+ Computers SAME LAN - FIXED

    Cheers
    .

    Isnt that the same as the original post from this forum?

  10. #150

    Default

    I have a Netgear WNR2000. You can easily fix this problem by going to WAN setup and putting Nat onto open instead of secure

  11. #151

    Default

    can u do this if you have a netgear router? if so can someone help me lol i have no idea how to do this

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Common Router Ports
    By IversonAli3 in forum Hardware and Software
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM
  2. Guide to Hosting w/ Router
    By SmashedPumpkins in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 08:17 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:22 AM
  4. Router Troubles?
    By Drunk-Snowball in forum Gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 02:43 PM
  5. Router Help
    By YonderKnight in forum Hardware and Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:57 PM

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •