Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 85

Thread: [StarCraft] Warden Workaround v1.02

Quote Originally Posted by p00onu View Post
    It worked fine for everyone who tested it for me, and we all do not have identical systems.
    So, if you see a black cat, a grey cat and an orange cat, then white cats must not exist. I see.

Quote Originally Posted by p00nu
    1.That is his problem.
    Obviously it is his problem the fact that it doesn't work for any reason is his problem. However, for you to suggest that the only possible reason it's not working is due to an error on his part is false. Nowhere in your read-me does it state that he needs to be an administrator for this hack to work.

2.Non-standard Window/Class name would be his doing. If he used another loader, then he did not follow the readme.
    I don't see anything in the read-me that states that you can't use this hack with others.

3.That is his problem.
    Again, you do not make any mention of the possibility of complications involving anti-virus software. If you didn't know it could be a problem - why should you expect him to?

The statement that the hack "FAILS HARD" is blatantly untrue when it is highly probable that the hack not working for him is by his own doing.
    It's not blatantly untrue. Unless he is lying - it is completely true, for him. And as I stated before, it is not 'his own doing', it is the incompleteness of your read-me. Which of course is understandable on your part - you can't be expected to think of everything, but you should be expected not to act like an ******* to anyone who has a problem making your hack work.

C2 100E Senior Member
    Developer

Blessed

Quote Originally Posted by Mikepr View Post
    Havent fix it yet sume1 help me plx
    So it crashes when you inject it? Are you making sure that this is being injected FIRST and that you have waited long enough after logging on?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarad View Post
    I don't see anything in the read-me that states that you can't use this hack with others.
    I was responding to the fact that you said that a wrong class/window name could be due to the use of another loader. The readme says to inject WW102 first and then other hacks. If the wrong class/window name was caused by another injector, then wouldn't the injector need to be run before WW102?

Obviously it is his problem the fact that it doesn't work for any reason is his problem. However, for you to suggest that the only possible reason it's not working is due to an error on his part is false. Nowhere in your read-me does it state that he needs to be an administrator for this hack to work.
    Again, you do not make any mention of the possibility of complications involving anti-virus software. If you didn't know it could be a problem - why should you expect him to?
    It's not blatantly untrue. Unless he is lying - it is completely true, for him. And as I stated before, it is not 'his own doing', it is the incompleteness of your read-me. Which of course is understandable on your part - you can't be expected to think of everything, but you should be expected not to act like an ******* to anyone who has a problem making your hack work.
    I am in no way obligated to make releases to the general public, offer support to these releases, or anything else related to that. I do this out of my own will.

I expect the user to do a little bit of troubleshooting before complaining about a release. If they dont do this much, then I really dont care about their problems. They are not obligated to use my hacks.
    Last edited by p00onu : 07-08-2007 at 02:21 AM

I get laid.
    Quote Originally Posted by The most intelligent hellinsect
    blizzard is targeting my computer

Quote Originally Posted by p00onu View Post
    I am in no way obligated to make releases to the general public, offer support to these releases, or anything else related to that. I do this out of my own will.

I expect the user to do a little bit of troubleshooting before complaining about a release. If they dont do this much, then I really dont care about their problems. They are not obligated to use my hacks.
    Indeed, you are quite right. You are not obligated to do any of these things. However, you did, accuse him of not reading the read-me simply because the hack isn't working, even though based on the bug reports he's given so far it doesn't seem at all like it's something he did wrong in the read-me. You also make this blanket assumption of infallibility on your part, and insult him for even attempting to question you, even though as i've pointed out, it's probably you that's wrong(In that it is not something covered in your read-me and that it is not something that is 'his fault').

C2 100E Senior Member
    Developer

Blessed

Indeed, you are quite right. You are not obligated to do any of these things. However, you did, accuse him of not reading the read-me simply because the hack isn't working, even though based on the bug reports he's given so far it doesn't seem at all like it's something he did wrong in the read-me. You also make this blanket assumption of infallibility on your part, and insult him for even attempting to question you, even though as i've pointed out, it's probably you that's wrong(In that it is not something covered in your read-me and that it is not something that is 'his fault').
    Yes I did accuse him of not reading the readme. In the past the biggest problem noobs have is not reading the readmes. Readmes will never cover every possible problem and I prefer to spend more time hacking than writing novels.

I get laid.

When one has problems, they usually ask nicely especially when they haven't tried anything but to run it once. If you tell the creator of the Hack that their hack FAILS HARD. That's just being an ******* who can't ask nicely on how to fix their problems.

kwarad:

I finally registered on bwhacks. You've forced me to. The fact that you are insulting someone's readme is rediculous. He can't test for every possible configuration and determine every single problem. He can't include every answer into the readme. The user said that his hack "FAILS HARD" when it works for most other users, if not all. If it works for everyone else, then the man is wrong. the hack does not "FAIL HARD"

He simply is having trouble using it. So kwarad, how's this. Before bitching about this guys readme, follow these instructions:

1) Use the program
    2) Change your configurations
    3) Use the program
    4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have used it with every possible configuration
    5) Write a better readme clarifying the answer to all possible problems

Thanks.
    gg

C2 100E Senior Member
    Developer

Blessed

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    When one has problems, they usually ask nicely especially when they haven't tried anything but to run it once. If you tell the creator of the Hack that their hack FAILS HARD. That's just being an ******* who can't ask nicely on how to fix their problems.
    That is pretty much why I responded the way I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrz0rz View Post
    kwarad:

I finally registered on bwhacks. You've forced me to. The fact that you are insulting someone's readme is rediculous. He can't test for every possible configuration and determine every single problem. He can't include every answer into the readme. The user said that his hack "FAILS HARD" when it works for most other users, if not all. If it works for everyone else, then the man is wrong. the hack does not "FAIL HARD"

He simply is having trouble using it. So kwarad, how's this. Before bitching about this guys readme, follow these instructions:

1) Use the program
    3) Use the program
    4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have used it with every possible configuration

Thanks.
    gg
    If he writes a readme doing this, then I'd be more than happy to use it.

I get laid.

:P I still haven't even tried this though. I'm lazy :d

C2 100E Senior Member
    Developer

Blessed

:P I still haven't even tried this though. I'm lazy :d
    Go ahead and try it and let me know if it works for you.

I get laid.

Sure thing. You got AIM?

kwarad:

1) Use the program
    3) Use the program

Thanks.
    gg
    I am not bitching about his read-me. I am bitching about his response to someone else's bitching about his read-me ;).

Yes I did accuse him of not reading the readme. In the past the biggest problem noobs have is not reading the readmes. Readmes will never cover every possible problem and I prefer to spend more time hacking than writing novels.
    As do I. I generally just don't provide any technical support and ignore anyone who asks =p. No worries, I just had too much time on my hands and felt like making a point.

works fine for me. "Thanks..gg" <-----who says that?

Disciple

have fun

C2 100E Senior Member
    Developer

Blessed

My first guess is that you are not waiting long enough before injecting it. If this is not the case then provide some additional info such as what you were doing when it crashed, what other hacks you had loaded, etc...

2 screenshots of crash messages will not help figure out why that happened...

I get laid.

Hey guys. This is a report on a crash that occurred while using this hack.
    I was playing a tvb game and was just about to win when windows minimized the game and declared that Starcraft had performed an illegal operation. These are the other hacks I was using at the time:
    zMaphack 115.1.0.3
    RTOH 5.0.4.1
    yamc
    QUnit

I haven't tried the hack again since this happened so it may be a once-off thing, but I really do doubt it. I've played about 2 melee games with it and about 6 ums games with it before this happened.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Just played 2 melee games and I got disconnected from them about the same length of time into the game as the first time.

EDIT2: Just played another melee game and yet another thing happened. I got disconnected, i pressed ok, arrived at stats screen and then my comp restarted. And yes, I have disabled error reports.

EDIT3: Just played 2 games of melee with ymc. Didn't get dropped or disconnected so it has to be either ZMaphack, RTOH or QUnit.

EDIT4: Works fine with QUnit.
    Last edited by Javmaz : 07-11-2007 at 08:58 AM
    A life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Just call me God
    Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Javmaz View Post
    Hey guys. ....These are the other hacks I was using at the time:
    zMaphack 115.1.0.3
    RTOH 5.0.4.1
    yamc
    QUnit...
    RTOH vs yamc - two different multicommand hacks

And zMaphack 1.0.3 is crashing some ppl. So eather download inhale or Antarctic v1.0.5 or Private Maphack + Statshack (No-Loss)
    And try without RTOH.

... and why you are posting this in "Warden Workaround", when you are not using this hack?
    Last edited by YourMother : 07-11-2007 at 09:12 AM

BWHacks search button
    Messeboden Doppelboden

Quote Originally Posted by YourMother View Post
    .. and why you are posting this in "Warden Workaround", when you are not using this hack?
    Hey guys. This is a report on a crash that occurred while using this hack.

C2 100E Senior Member
    Developer

Blessed

I use WW102, zMaphack, yamc, and a couple others and I have yet to crash. The worst that has happened was being dropped every once in a while by yamc.

I appreciate the report Javmaz, but I think your crashes are resulting from what YourMother said.

I get laid.

mmk.

Btw p00onu, do you still get a win with all of those?

C2 100E Senior Member
    Developer

Blessed

mmk.

Btw p00onu, do you still get a win with all of those?
    The ones that I listed that I use still give me a win as of 10 minutes ago.

WW102 will give you a win no matter what hack you decide to use.

I get laid.

Thread Information