Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: Change IP For Bnet IPBanned

Heretic

i tried re-installing Sc+brood, that didnt work either so its something to do with my IP or key

Another thing is no matter how much you think you love somebody, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.

Heretic

how would i connect using stealthbot? i dont have a Wc3 key or a D2 key.

Another thing is no matter how much you think you love somebody, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.

I'm surprised that 121-121-1-1 or something like that would work.
    Take a look at this page for more detailed information on setting up a static IP address, which is basically what the OP is describing:
    http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

You cant connect on the USEast server correct?
    Connect to the USWest and go2 Blizzard Tech Support and ask them about your problem.. hurry, they close in 15 minutes.

Heretic

i dont have ne Wc3 keys though.. how would that help me to know if my SC key was banned?

Heretic

lol il jus call them thx

Heretic

ok >.< so im banned for 2 weeks
    lol
    they said "you hacked using 3rd party... blah blah..."

Blessed

This wouldnt work for people with dial-up, if you do have dial-up all you gotta do is reconnect using a different number

A zero-your personal hero Senior Member
    Gold Member

Blessed

WTF? Isn't it easier to change a network card's (if possible) or router's MAC address, just like bilago stated?

I'm pretty sure they don't ban by MAC address.

A zero-your personal hero Senior Member
    Gold Member

Blessed

Quote Originally Posted by Elite-8 View Post
    True, you can only connect on stealthbot using Warcraft III and diablo2.
    Btw, this one is wrong. BNLS works on www.valhallalegends.com, so you can log on through all older games except SC and a few JBLS servers work, through which you can log on to D2/W3.

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

omg i am smrt
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

Deviant

Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    I'm pretty sure they don't ban by MAC address.
    They can't. MAC addresses are physical addresses that don't extend beyond a local area network and are only used by switches to sort and traffic data to specific locations on a network. They generally aren't routable information.

And your ISP usually gives you a range of IPs when you sign-up, or at least most broadband providers do. This is because the cable/DSL modem usually doubles as a router. The router, your gateway, gets a range of IP addresses from the ISP's servers and then hands out IPs to every workstation connected to your network. Therefore, when you renew your IP, you can get the same IP you just had or another within that range. For example, when I renew on my computer, since this is the only one, I can get anything between 69.208.164.65 and 69.208.164.68.

And no, static addresses will hardly work unless your ISP gives you a list of ranges assigned to you. There are troubleshooting addresses (when my connection was slow, I called my ISP and they told me about these) but they aren't used for general use. You have to set your computer to get a IP from your ISP DHCP servers for a valid internet address. Otherwise, if everyone put in their own static addresses, you would probably have multiples all over the net.

Uhm. Yeah. So. Yeah. Just some random info. ^.^;

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

Spoofing is possible.
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

sockscap + socks proxy :D

Quote Originally Posted by jj22 View Post
    if you have cable, you can't change your ip unless you call your internet provider.

if you have dsl, just take out your plug and plug it back in
    I know this is going to make me sound like an absolute fricking noob but... aren't those the same thing?
    A life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdale View Post
    They can't. MAC addresses are physical addresses that don't extend beyond a local area network and are only used by switches to sort and traffic data to specific locations on a network. They generally aren't routable information.

And your ISP usually gives you a range of IPs when you sign-up, or at least most broadband providers do. This is because the cable/DSL modem usually doubles as a router. The router, your gateway, gets a range of IP addresses from the ISP's servers and then hands out IPs to every workstation connected to your network. Therefore, when you renew your IP, you can get the same IP you just had or another within that range. For example, when I renew on my computer, since this is the only one, I can get anything between 69.208.164.65 and 69.208.164.68.

And no, static addresses will hardly work unless your ISP gives you a list of ranges assigned to you. There are troubleshooting addresses (when my connection was slow, I called my ISP and they told me about these) but they aren't used for general use. You have to set your computer to get a IP from your ISP DHCP servers for a valid internet address. Otherwise, if everyone put in their own static addresses, you would probably have multiples all over the net.

Uhm. Yeah. So. Yeah. Just some random info. ^.^;
    Im sorry to correct you , however Your Mac address is Very visible to your ISP, it is how static IP's are distributed to their customers, if they didnt use this system, there would be times that two peoples IP's would conflict. Every mac address is different so that would eliminate the problem. You are correct that Battlenet cant ban your MAC address.

And gamepin, most people doing an ipconfig /release and renew will not change their IP unless they are dialup.

and Cable is a Coaxial (what you plug into your TV) and DSL is Your phoneline (plug into the phone) just alot faster version of dialup pretty much.

Deviant

Quote Originally Posted by James_P View Post
    Im sorry to correct you , however Your Mac address is Very visible to your ISP, it is how static IP's are distributed to their customers, if they didnt use this system, there would be times that two peoples IP's would conflict. Every mac address is different so that would eliminate the problem. You are correct that Battlenet cant ban your MAC address.
    I assume you meant dynamic IPs, not static?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdale View Post
    I assume you meant dynamic IPs, not static?
    most ISP's give out a Single IP address per Modem to keep it organized with no possibilities for conflictions. Im sure with unpopulated ISP's they give out dynamic IP's . But for major ISP's (Brighthouse comcast Cablevision etc) only assign a single IP for each mac address connected to their networks (technically it still is dynamic but it never changes unless the mac address changes). I am sure however if you do leave your internet connection disconnected for long enough, your ISP will give your IP address to another mac address and you will receive a new one, but im talking about quite some time.

Deviant

I was more of referring to dynamic as in your ISP's DHCP assigns the IP for you, and the user does not manually configure it.

Thread Information