Bee Double You Hacks Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

Enlightened

Default [How-To]MPQDraft

Utility: MPQDraft
    Required files: None
    Created by: Quantam
    Written by:Trans_Am77

MPQDraft is the second bulding block next to WinMPQ. Without this program, our mods wouldn't be able to be loaded into SC at runtime. This is a very user-friendly program and it has a very sexy GUI.

Step 1: What can I do with it?
    With MPQDraft you can load .mpq files into starcraft or create them into standalone applicaitons.

Step 2: What can it do?
    MPQDraft has 2 main functions: Creating a standalone applicaiton or loading an mpq file.

Step 2.1: Creating a standalone .exe file...
    1. Click 'Create Self Executing MPQ'

2. In the custom name box name it what ever you would like the mod to be called (will become the .exe's name)

3. Find the location of the .mpq file you want to create into a .exe

4. Set the location of where the .exe will be created. You should now have something similar to this:

5. Now click 'Next' and select the 'Starcraft' icon, then click the second 'Stacraft' icon that appears under that box.

6. Click 'Next' and add any plug-ins you'd like. Then click 'Finish' and you're new mod will be ready for executing!

Step 2.2: Loading a .mpq file...
    1. On the main form click 'Load MPQ Patch'

2. When the next page appears, click 'Starcraft', then 'Starcraft' again in the box under it.

3. Now click 'Browse for MPQs' and locate the mpq file you would like to load.

4. Configure any plug-ins you'd like and click 'Finish'! After finish, it should load SC with you're new mod.

Ask any questions you might have!
    Last edited by Zaund : 06-01-2007 at 01:17 PM

Amat Victoria Curam Senior Member
    Gold Member

Saint

Secks?

Suffering becomes beautiful when anyone bears great calamities with cheerfulness, not through insensibility but through greatness of mind.

-Aristotle

Ok here is a question, I used firecraft to change the mpq, I changed the location of the buttons and a few other things, mineral amount...

I took that mpq and shoved it into mpqdraft and out popped an exe,

Only thing is when I click on the exe the normal StarCraft loads.
    Any help?
    Ctark

Llaf/Disco '08
    Secretary to the Union Representative.

Advocate

hmmm it doesn't ask for you to locate the starcraft or staredit?

I find it much easier to stuff into the patch_rt instead of making it into an exe. With exe, you're not able to run other certain mods at the same time.

Retired Staff Member

Enlightened

you can put it all in the patch_rt but you run the risk of messing up your patch.

Evangelist

Ultra bump.

So I'm using this to change the hotkeys of my upgrades, is there a way to make SC play with the extra mpq file or do I always have to load the mpg file using Draft. Or can I just insert the new tbl file into the patch_rt.mpq and just load SC.exe? (I tried inserting the new .tbl file into the patch_rt file but it didn't work.)
    (☞゚∀゚)☞☜(゚∀゚☜)
    RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY

Retired Staff Member

Enlightened

you can make an .exe of it or you can edit the patch_rt. You just have to delete the original and replace it with your own. But, if you do be sure to keep a master copy just in case.

i made a new mod, just because i havn't in a long time and don't remember how, and its a really bad ass zealot, when i load the mpq with mpq draft, it loads SC normally without the zealot like i made it

Thread Information