Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: I need help with a rfriend

Crusader

Default I need help with a rfriend

Well me and some guys have started a band and were starting to get real good. However I have a friend who thinks he is a good guitar player, keyboard, singer, and mandolin player, and well he sucks. The thing is he is in love with the idea of being in the band even though he pretty much sucks at every instrument, and he thinks hes awesome. My friend we are all pretty sure has anger management problems. Whenever we say something regarding him and the band he will go crazy pissed off and start yelling and throwing **** and whatever.

The 3 of us have a lot of talent. We could make some good music together. However, my friend pretty much interupts it. Whenever he comes to band practice all he does is screw around and we don't get anything done.

I'm in a dilema because if we tell him that he is not in the band, I and the other bandmates will be losing a good friend, but we are all very serious about this band and he is just screwing around.

I hate Steve Jobs. Senior Member
    Gold Member

Crusader

If you are really serious about the band, it'd be best to "kick him off" the band ASAP. The longer her stays, the longer he'll interrupt you, and the more he's going to think that it's "his" band.

Idk bro

I wouldnt kick him off, i'd take a different approach. if u say he has anger managment, then he'll prolly kill you so my best suggestion would be to lie and say the band quit. and he'll be like w/e. but find different times to practice, or make excuses that u have aot of homework or **** like that. and if all others fail, just find him a different hobby. sumthin he is good at. Now if ALL fails, then kick him off. and when u do, dont get shot lol
    We are Who We Are

2600 Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member
    Gold Member

Crusader

Be a man. Just sit him down and say that you don't want to jeopardize your friendship, but he can't play as good as he thinks he can, and that unless he can get real serious or get some mad skillz0rs real quick, he's out.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by ston3rpimp69
    WE NEED MORE WEED MORE BITCHES MORE CAPSLOCK PURE FIRE

Is this loli?
    Enlightened

Dude, just make him "manager".

p.s. Why do you ask a forum these things and not your brother? :(

hardhittnnigazwtpipznsht Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

Prophet

Tell him that if he doesn't stop ****ing around and being such a dick about the reality of his musical ability he's out of the band.

It'd be somewhat ****ed up to kick a friend out without warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Leary
    Think for yourself. Question authority.
    420forwyfetho

i are never serious Senior Member
    Gold Member

Crusader

You could do this if you don't really like the kid,it's what I did ages ago.
    1.You tell the 3 of them the plan,the plan is that one of you quits saying you found a better band or whatever and then you guys fall apart or another of you just quits.
    2.Reform the band without the guy.
    Last edited by BlaZeR : 01-20-2007 at 08:02 PM

Is this loli?
    Enlightened

I think he likes teh guy though, or else there would be less drama.

Gold Member

Crusader

Well they could just keep a secret from him.

Is this loli?
    Enlightened

I don't know. You risk him finding out and going rambo. I'd just name him manager and make up something for him to do, just to placate him.

The Sexy Penguin Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

Prophet

Make him play cowbell.

Section Staff of Keepin' it Real Senior Member
    Retired Staff Member

Inquisitor

I say you all sit him down and tell him he either needs to shape up or he's out. He might get mad, but you never know. I've known people who had anger problems but when they were actually confronted seriously and not just made fun of or w/e, they were pretty calm and listened.

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

Bring a gun, just in case.
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

Music & Movies Senior Member

Saint

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyBlade View Post
    It'd be somewhat ****ed up to kick a friend out without warning.
    Definitely a low blow.
    Better contraceptives will control population only if people will use them. A nuclear holocaust can be prevented only if the conditions under which nations make war can be changed. The environment will continue to deteriorate until pollution practices are abandoned. We need to make vast changes in human behavior.
    -- B.F. Skinner

Crusader

Guys, im serious about this. This guy is my friend and well hes cool. I don't want to kick him out of the band but we are all very serious about it and well he isn't helping, hes bringing us down.

I know it would be cold-hearted to kick him out of the band, but the thing is I'm sure that he knows that he is no where as talented as he says he is. I talked with the other guys in the band and we all agreed that theres no way he can be in the band. The problem is telling him this without getting him to freak out, and when we tell him he can do other stuff like be a manager or a roadie he still gets all freaked out...

Retired Staff Member

Celestial Entity

It's very simple: Do you care about your possible career, or do you care about a friend more?
    "A Responsible Citizen Not Only Shares Culture, But Destroys The Copyright Industries"

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a quality that decides between success and failure. "
    "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
    “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

give him a position in the band where he is not makin music,
    for example, fundrasing, location finding, tecnical, manager, ect...

so he is not out of it, but is not bringing you down!
    tell him it is very important that he does this insted of playing.
    Ctark

Llaf/Disco '08
    Secretary to the Union Representative.

Gold Member

Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by magikmonky View Post
    Guys, im serious about this. This guy is my friend and well hes cool. I don't want to kick him out of the band but we are all very serious about it and well he isn't helping, hes bringing us down.

I know it would be cold-hearted to kick him out of the band, but the thing is I'm sure that he knows that he is no where as talented as he says he is. I talked with the other guys in the band and we all agreed that theres no way he can be in the band. The problem is telling him this without getting him to freak out, and when we tell him he can do other stuff like be a manager or a roadie he still gets all freaked out...
    Well you could indirectly tell him he sucks, like at band practice get like a little audience of like 2-5 people that are your friends and play a song for them and make them crituque or you could just make an ass out of yourselves at a gig.

Crusader

no that wont work plenty of people tell him he sucks all the tiem but he denies it

well quit bein a pussy and kick the guy out. i mean if ya'll are really tight then o well. i know how it feels. and i guess if he's a real friend he wont do nothin. and if u wont do it, then get sumone else to do it. there a decisions in life that your going to have to make yourself. not all the time people on a bnet hack site will always have the right answer. sumtimes u gotta really think about it, then do it. cause if u dont, 30 years from now yur gonna think "What woulda happened if i did the other one"
    We are Who We Are

Thread Information