PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering

Trans_Am77?
10-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Would it be possible to put a semi-trojan in a hack, like Zero for instance, that connected to a server that could tell it if it had been leaked or not. Like if the server says yes its leaked then it would stop functioning and then change the hack so it is told that the hack is ok and give it to the people who bought it? (original hack given to buyers 0 = Not leaked, 1 = Leaked. Hack given to buyers after leak 2 = Not leaked, 3 = Leaked)

I kinda got lost myself re-reading it :eek:

gamepin126
10-28-2005, 06:54 PM
That idea is stupid. But there are better ways of going about protection. And yes, it's very possible.

Trans_Am77?
10-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Well fine! I'll go cry in a damn corner!

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
10-29-2005, 06:18 AM
I had this idea a while ago but never made a hack that this would be needed.

Friendless
10-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Tis possible but you'd probley have alot of issue's with different methods of trying to accomplish it...

R.I.P Maes Hughes
1977-2005

I always cried on that episode... :cry:

Zynastor
10-31-2005, 03:20 AM
sounds like you been talking to permaphrost, Trans.

Ranged
10-31-2005, 07:09 AM
Why amking things complicated just put a keylogger :)

gamepin126
10-31-2005, 03:43 PM
The use of protection, is to limit who can use your app. It's also to keep idiots from stealing things that you did.

Dyndrilliac
10-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Keep in mind that all code executed by the user within the confines of his/her hardrive can be circumvented, reversed, and altered. It would be easier for the user (if they knew what they were doing) to turn off your server checks than it would be for you to implement the system in the first place.

Belphegor
10-31-2005, 07:32 PM
I have talked with CounterCrash on this. As he told me, even if the check is ran, and fails, as long as the hack itself is on your harddrive it can be reversed. He suggesting making something in a browser form, where it sends the injection directly to the process. We didnt get into detail's, he was busy flirting with some Diablo girls, like always. :rolleyes:

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
10-31-2005, 07:39 PM
I have talked with CounterCrash on this. As he told me, even if the check is ran, and fails, as long as the hack itself is on your harddrive it can be reversed. He suggesting making something in a browser form, where it sends the injection directly to the process. We didnt get into detail's, he was busy flirting with some Diablo girls, like always. :rolleyes:
Have the code on a server encrypted? I really dont think some guy will really waste his time decrypting for a sc hack. Or have the binary data stuffs to write in as a code cave thingy on the server and write it directly to Sc's memory. Im really really tired.

gamepin126
10-31-2005, 07:40 PM
If I knew how, I probably would. I have WAY too much free time.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
10-31-2005, 07:47 PM
If I knew how, I probably would. I have WAY too much free time.
To bad my penis cant program, it has so much ****ing free time. It only has any work on the weekends.

Belphegor
10-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Dan']Have the code on a server encrypted? I really dont think some guy will really waste his time decrypting for a sc hack. Or have the binary data stuffs to write in as a code cave thingy on the server and write it directly to Sc's memory. Im really really tired.
You need to understand, CounterCrash is the type of person who does something to see if he can, not do it because he needs to. This could also be done for any game really, not just SC. I believe we were on the subject of his Diablo GhostBot at the time.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
10-31-2005, 08:29 PM
You need to understand, CounterCrash is the type of person who does something to see if he can, not do it because he needs to. This could also be done for any game really, not just SC. I believe we were on the subject of his Diablo GhostBot at the time.
I wouldnt need this, I usually dont need most of the stuff I do. I just do it becuase Im either bored, want to do it, or curious.

Trans_Am77?
10-31-2005, 11:07 PM
sounds like you been talking to permaphrost, Trans.

I wish

Friendless
11-01-2005, 05:16 AM
Even if you did it web-based... depending on the method - there should be plenty of ways of going around it still...

Dyndrilliac
11-01-2005, 11:36 AM
What you need to do is develop a unique one-way cipher (or use a good public algorithm, anyone with at least a stability of 512 bits or higher will do fine) and develop a system similar to Bnet's CD Keys. Bnet's system works so well because the algorithm the server uses to decrypt the keys and ID them is in no way involved with the process used to ID them on the client. Not to mention, each piece of the key is used for a special purpose when it comes to identifying them.