PDA

View Full Version : Delete hal.dll fast

howardmeis
10-18-2005, 04:00 AM
I need to get a batch file or watever it's called or something like that to delete hal.dll. All I need to be able to do it put my ipod into this turned off computer, turn the computer on, and it'll just run the file that's on the ipod, and it'll delete hal.dll. That's all I need done. Can someone PLEASE provide me the instructions for this please? Thanks guys.

kds
10-18-2005, 04:02 AM
Why do you want to delete hal.dll? And it won't run off your iPod automatically...

Belphegor
10-18-2005, 04:40 AM
With the new ipod's that allow file transfer, just say its something else and talk the person into opening it. It would be your best bet, batch programming is pretty strait forward. Modelling off Nubium's source for this action, Im sure you could replicate it.

howardmeis
10-18-2005, 06:52 AM
No, I have no clue about programing. I need to be able to just put in my ipod, turn the compuer on, wait a minute, and then be able to turn the computer off and not have it work anymore. I don't have to ability to get into the computer, since I don't know the pass. Also could put this small program or whatever onto a CD and just boot from CD?

IversonAli3
10-18-2005, 08:00 AM
I don't want to offer you any help, only because I know you don't possess the knowledge to undo the thing you are attempting. If a "friend" ever did something like that to me, I wouldnt talk to you ever again.

DA(
10-18-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't want to offer you any help, only because I know you don't possess the knowledge to undo the thing you are attempting. If a "friend" ever did something like that to me, I wouldnt talk to you ever again.I was wondering why you were ignoring me :(.

SC_Modder
10-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Most (if not all) USB devices are not reconized by the BIOS as a bootable device, so leaving your ipod connected won't make the computer 'automaticly' delete the dll. Also, I beleive you can't use autorun to do it either, because it doesn't detect an ipod as a device to autorun from.

howardmeis
10-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Okay, then can I do it from CD too then. and I do know how to fix it. It's my moms computer, don't ask why I need to do it, I just want to ohld it as a ransom kind of. and I plan on just hooking her HD to my computer when she comes to me for help, and then just copying my hal.dll to it. Easy as that.

IversonAli3
10-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Who wants to bet he fu*ks up and gets his grounding extended? :lol:

howardmeis
10-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Nah, I got a plan. Now I'm just going to hook her HD to my computer after school tomorrow, make a new text document on her desktop, make it read 'HACKED BY HEAVEN' then delete hal.dll, then hook it back up. That way, when she gets back on it, she'll tihnk it's some hacker. She's not very smart. lol.

Megaz
10-18-2005, 01:47 PM
haha howard why are you always trying to sabotage your mom??

and what does deleting the hal.dll file do? does it crash your comp or something? jw

HARD_ON
10-18-2005, 01:54 PM
omg,do you even know what hal.dll does? its one of the system files to run your computer. you delete that,and you delete your critical system file. this is not recommended!
currect me if im wrong. (nicely)

Megaz
10-18-2005, 02:02 PM
ok gosh i was just wonderign no need to yell. but thnx for telling me what it does

howardmeis
10-18-2005, 03:10 PM
It doesn't let you turn your computer back on. And wht can I say, I hate my mom. She took my keyboard so I have to use my on screen keyboard, it's taken me 2 minutes to type this.

Megaz
10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
She took my keyboard so I have to use my on screen keyboard, it's taken me 2 minutes to type this.

lol now your mom just ###### up. why did she take your keyboard?

c0ke
10-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Kill her.

howardmeis
10-18-2005, 03:20 PM
I've thought about it but that's another tale to tell. I'll explain when I get my keyboard back. Okay, so now I think I'll just do a HD switch.

Megaz
10-18-2005, 03:26 PM
kekekeke gj howard! ;)

Bilago
10-19-2005, 08:18 PM
ok howard i hope im not too late. Here is a short lession on HAL.DLL

this is called the hardware extraction layer. it is a GENERATED DLL file when you install your operating system, hence its not the same on every computer unless your hardware specifications are IDENTICAL. This file is the MOST important file on your system, due to it will be permenently UNFUNCTIONAL unless you reinstall your operating system from scratch. I recommend deleteing NTLDR instead as that is just as effective, yet u can replace it with any NTLDR on a WIN XP system.

so unless you want to destry the OS on the HD, dont delted the HAL.DLL file. just a recommendation.

and yes newer PC's now support USB booting, you need to enable USB Legacy Devices in your CMOS settings (commonly and mistakenly refered to the BIOS setup) more computers are running with USB harddrives, so BIOS' now support booting off usb devices. you can even make a usb memory stick a bootable drive but its complicated. however, the IPOD will not boot up as it doesnt have the correct bootsector on its drive. if your computer still has a floppy drive which i doubt just go to www.bootdisk.com, make a msdos image, then boot to that and type in del c:\ntldr or hal.dll (DONT DO man)

i hope this helps and makes thigns clearer for everyone

howardmeis
10-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Doe smake things clearer. But I weighted it, and the risk is too high, I'm only grounded for 4 more days now so eh.