PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft in a Window?

Liger
10-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Is there any way to play starcraft in a window? I've tried adding the parameter "-w" to my shortcut but that doesn't work, any other ideas? Oh yeah the reason I want to play with it in a window is so I can brighten it up cause my moniter is old n' crapy (makes everything super dark can't see **** :) )

Liger
10-18-2005, 02:47 AM
Is there any way to play starcraft in a window? I've tried adding the parameter "-w" to my shortcut but that doesn't work, any other ideas? Oh yeah the reason I want to play with it in a window is so I can brighten it up cause my moniter is old n' crapy (makes everything super dark can't see **** :) )
Bump

MuteComic
10-18-2005, 03:20 AM
1.) This has already been asked quite a bit. I don't mean to be blunt but it is good forum etiquette to use the search button before asking a question.

2.) SC has an option in the video section of the game (F10 + O + V) to brighten the screen (Gamma?)

3.) I think what you're looking for is called DXWnd and can be found HERE(http://www.scindex.com/downloads/?fileid=203) I know this is out of the forum but I just typed "star craft window" into Google and this is one of the first things that popped up

there is an option in it specifically for star craft. Just click it and guide it to the star craft executable (starcraft.exe I think) which is usually in C:\program files\starcraft\starcraft.exe if I remember correctly. It should make a shortcut on your desktop that will run star craft in a window.