PDA

View Full Version : Homefront Vs Bad Company 2 Vs Crysis 2 Vs KillZone 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3?

Voice Of Korhal
02-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Now, some top notch games are coming out(if they haven't already, like BC2), and I was wondering which one I should get.

Homefront is based on a 50 year futuristic game which is heavily vehicle based. Its famous Battle Poitns system allows the users to buy launchers, vehicles, and such ingame. Best thing I like about this is that in domination, the positions actually move instead of being the same spot. And it's about Koreans. Kick Ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppvix5swmnU

Bad Company 2. A game that brings orgasms when mentioned. With it's very realistic destructible environment, almost impossible to camp maps, with time and gravity makes it one of the most realistic, and best games on the market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKF0uAjhLyM

Crysis 2, in sequel to the famous Crysis, features more of a future modern gameplay. One of the few games with the most actions and best user environment. Slide, Kick, realistic knifing, fist smash, what the **** does this game not have? And nanosuit? Orgastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U8elUE3yI4

Modern warfare 3 I haven't seen anything about it yet, but I know it's being made by multiple companies, so I'm looking forward to it.

CrazyGerbilEater
02-13-2011, 07:24 PM
It'd be better to talk about Battlefield 3 than bad company 2, but I'll tell you bad company 2 is epic fun. Steam puts me at 165 hours, and I still play it fairly regularly.
I played Homefront in its alpha stages, and it's as meh as medal of honor was in its alpha stages. Meaning, I'm not going to buy. It's atmosphere and feel is similar to black ops, only larger maps, more tactics, and vehicles. Medal of honor is basically black ops lol.
Crysis 2 looks cool, I'll probably buy it.
Unless they incorporate physics into modern warfare 3, and focus on tactics instead of just run and gun bull like black ops, I'll pass.
Killzone 2 was just epic, the atmosphere was the best out of any game I've played, good graphics, Killzone 3 will probably on my list if just for the campaign.

Voice Of Korhal
02-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Well BF3 coming out this spring, strange that I have yet to see a trailer for it. Thanks for the heads up on Homefront, if it's just like Metal Of Honor then I guess I won't get it. I guess I'll look forward to BF3.

Question though. For BC2, should I just buy a cheap used Ultimate edition for like $5-$10 and buy the VIP code, to total of around 25 bucks, or should I just buy the retail ultimate edition with VIP for 37 bucks on Amazon? If so the ebay option, where could I buy the VIP code? Is it DLC? How much would it cost?

Indefinite
02-14-2011, 01:37 AM
I personally feel all of those will be garbage. None of the titles you've mentioned have ever had a really immersive gameplay.

Mookster
02-14-2011, 07:18 AM
BC2 Vietnam isn't worth the money imo. I'd just go with a regular BC2 package.
Black Ops is pretty fun too.

Atleast, for online play. I haven't played single player in an FPS game since F.E.A.R.

NickF
02-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Vietnam is awesome IMO, mych better deal than any of the CoD MW2 map packs.
Also, Blackops is fun, but graphics suck in comparison.
And apparently Crysis 2 has ****ty graphics compared to Warhead.

CrazyGerbilEater
02-14-2011, 12:43 PM
for the price Vietnam is good, new maps and new weapons, different gameplay (MG's are better, walls aren't really cover). But it's just something to tide me over until battlefield 3. I play both Vietnam and regular equally.

and of course, they plan to release crysis 2 on consoles too. I'll probably pirate crysis 2 first and try it out. Black Ops is one of those mediocre games that someone could've made 4+ years ago, and adds nothing new at all. Its just not a compelling game to play, nothing draws me back to it like bad company 2 does, medal of honor is much the same way, and homefront as well, though I'm not sure about the storyline, that might be interesting.

Mookster
02-14-2011, 01:39 PM
I can play Black Ops. I think it's a well-done shooter; I enjoy the large selection of weapons and upgrades, most.
But, yeah. It's lacking in features that truly make the gameplay different than your classic shooter, unlike BC2 which does that quite effectively.
Still, a well done regular shooters is still a load of fun imo, and Black Ops is well done. Medal of Honor was just terrible, though.

Voice Of Korhal
02-14-2011, 03:38 PM
I only bought MoH because I had European assault and it was good, but I ended up returning it the next day D: But I just bought BC2 UE + VIP for a dollar in Ebay, I'll see how it is.

CrazyGerbilEater
02-14-2011, 04:07 PM
i pwn u all in bad company 2

JeweyK
02-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Team Fortress 2 beats them all.

NickF
02-15-2011, 03:34 PM
SPYS SAPPIN' MUH SENTRY!!!!

but seriously, doesn't compare. arcade like shooterrs have there place, tho.