PDA

View Full Version : Opera news

CrazyGerbilEater
10-14-2010, 06:38 AM
They announced that opera 11, the next release, will feature open extensions similar to other browsers.

I know that has been a big issue with some people, the fact opera had only the silly widgets thing. They also said they were trying to make it easy to port extensions over from some other browsers.

They are also making a big release on android with a fast, feature packed version of opera. Those of you with android phones will have to tell me how well it works when it gets released.

Opera Portal News - Opera 11 with Extensions and Opera Mobile for Android coming soon! (http://my.opera.com/portalnews/blog/2010/10/14/opera-with-extensions-and-opera-mobile-for-android-coming-soon)

Irene
10-14-2010, 06:41 AM
I have been using Opera since early 2010, it is better than firefox or google chrome.

NickF
10-14-2010, 07:17 AM
Neat. Still think I'll keep with chrome. We'll see when the extensions mature a bit.

DSG
10-14-2010, 01:14 PM
I agree with NickF. I think i will stick with Chrome (MAYBE start using firefox again if the new release is a lot better) but once the extensions become mature enough to have a noscript and adblockplus equivalent i will probably check it out.