PDA

View Full Version : [request]Players And Colors

Voice Of Korhal
08-20-2010, 10:49 PM
How do I assign Red to P1? In the map editor's player setting, Red is P1, and anything owned by P1 is Red.. but ingame, it gives me a random color, as well as a random player within the force. So in a 5 player force, I can end up being any color and any player(in that force) regardless of what slot I'm in.

HARD_ON
08-20-2010, 11:14 PM
StarForge.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9956/starforge.png

StarDraft may have it, but StarForge is definitely far more powerful, in terms of customization.

Voice Of Korhal
08-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Is my problem normal Hard on? Do you experience my symptoms as well when you make a random UMS map? Eh, I'll try starforge.

EDIT: Nope, I still get a damn random color and a damn random player in the force. WTF is going on?

HARD_ON
08-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Is my problem normal Hard on? Do you experience my symptoms as well when you make a random UMS map? Eh, I'll try starforge.

EDIT: Nope, I still get a damn random color and a damn random player in the force. WTF is going on?
I'll check it out in a sec. Send me a copy of your map while your at it to double check.

Can't find the issue you have. Using StarForge or StarDraft, the option for changing a players color is available.

Both can be found in a Google search. Creepcolony.com also has them for download.

Voice Of Korhal
08-21-2010, 12:30 AM
with ANY campaign editor changing color is possible, download this map I attached, look at it in a map editor then play it ingame, you'll see what i mean. If you end up with a RED CC on the top left, and everything else as the map editor says it is, then there must be something wrong with my starcraft. BTW, it's only maps I make. Other maps, I get red and P1 if i host.

Edit: I got it to work, you gotta go to Forces section and uncheck randomize start location in every force.