PDA

View Full Version : Download Games for PS3?

ShinigamiKai690
04-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Question for ya....is there a way yet to crack the ps3 and download games free of charge via torrents or some other avenue of awesomeness??

Phrostbite
04-14-2010, 08:05 AM
No.

CrazyGerbilEater
04-14-2010, 08:23 AM
PS3 uses Blueray disks for games, so the obvious first question, are you going to spend $150 or more on a blueray burner, then buy blueray disks which still aren't exactly cheap, then hope to god your burner isn't junk because blueray disks aren't fun to make coasters of.

JeweyK
04-14-2010, 08:43 AM
What about the virtual games, like the Twilight Hack for the Wii?

Ranged
04-14-2010, 09:28 AM
PS3 uses Blueray disks for games, so the obvious first question, are you going to spend $150 or more on a blueray burner, then buy blueray disks which still aren't exactly cheap, then hope to god your burner isn't junk because blueray disks aren't fun to make coasters of.

You should know that people buy 12x blu-ray burner only to extract the diode..

el-camino-ss
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
You should know that people buy 12x blu-ray burner only to extract the diode..

bam

DealExtreme: $50.55 Repair Parts Replacement Laser Drive Module for PS3 (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27133)

el-camino-ss
04-14-2010, 09:50 AM
bam

DealExtreme: $50.55 Repair Parts Replacement Laser Drive Module for PS3 (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27133)

And no, in fact sonys last patch took away the ability to install another OS, which was pretty important to geohots hack.

Edit: Double post >.< thought I hit edit.

Ranged
04-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Much cheaper there: Sony PlayStation3 - PSXBOY.COM -wholesale and retail welcome (http://psxboy.com/catalog_67.html)

applesauce
04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
And no, in fact sonys last patch took away the ability to install another OS, which was pretty important to geohots hack.

Edit: Double post >.< thought I hit edit.

It would be pretty awesome if Geohot could still fix that.

el-camino-ss
04-14-2010, 11:51 PM
It would be pretty awesome if Geohot could still fix that.

last I read is that he was going to write some cfw for it... I upgraded because I wanted to play online lol.

DSG
04-18-2010, 05:28 AM
Sorry to hear that camino. Geohot reversed sony's other os/hypervisor removal for latest firmware but if you already updated you are SOL for now. He is working on a full crack though. Sorta hilarious to be honest. Long as sony was throwing a bone to the modders their console was practically untouched. Remove linux and now you got Geohot working on a full crack of the firmware instead of what he was originally aiming for.

el-camino-ss
04-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear that camino. Geohot reversed sony's other os/hypervisor removal for latest firmware but if you already updated you are SOL for now. He is working on a full crack though. Sorta hilarious to be honest. Long as sony was throwing a bone to the modders their console was practically untouched. Remove linux and now you got Geohot working on a full crack of the firmware instead of what he was originally aiming for.

Eh I didn't mind, I wanted to play online :-p

stopthe_bomb
05-04-2010, 02:06 PM
IF you can afford the blu ray discs, burners, and all the other junk you may as well just buy the game. It will be close to the same price...