PDA

View Full Version : "new to the html world..."

xilverwing
05-13-2005, 04:16 PM
How do u publish a site? (Plz, don't recommend geocities, freewebs, 50megs, etc.)

((I DO NOT NEED ANY TEMPLATES OR HOW TO DESIGN, I WANT TO PUBLISH IT)) Just like this site or any other site wihtout the bulls***!

Do we use a publishing software are do we do wat?

In addtion, do we have to pay for it and is it illegal [I know that is a definite no, but still] ?

Noober
05-13-2005, 04:18 PM
If you want your own domain, you have to pay. Unless you want a .tk. If you do, go to www.dottk.com (or something like that, I'm not sure).

Not sure if it helps, but some good html editing programs are Microsoft Frontpage, or for more advanced people, Macromedia Dreamweaver.

A.H
05-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah, and the better domain you want, the more it costs. Personally i use my trusty old textpad to create html pages. Why use frontpage or dreamweaver?

xilverwing
05-13-2005, 04:49 PM
I see, wat if the software publishes it without using money (If there is such thing) is it possible then?

kds
05-13-2005, 08:27 PM
No, you need to have webspace. I use Dreamweaver foe big changes and Editplus for minor little changes to websites. But yeah, you need to purcahse a domain name, or use a .tk or .cjb.net and then purchase websapce, or use that free crap like geoccities...