PDA

View Full Version : Michael Savage

Dragan
12-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Anyone listen to this guys radio show? Or has heard any of his stuff?

I have to say I agree with most of the stuff he says for obvious reasons, it would be idiotic to disagree. How about a discussion on him, post your opinions and all that other wonderful stuff.

For those who are not familiar with Mr.Savage:

He is the host of The Savage Nation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Savage_Nation), a nationally-syndicated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_syndication) talk show (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_radio) that airs throughout the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) on Talk Radio Network (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_Radio_Network). The Savage Nation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Savage_Nation) has a very large audience, ranging from 8 to 10 million listeners on 350 stations across United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States).

Savage has summarized his political philosophy in three words: borders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border), language (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language), and culture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture). Some, including Savage himself, have characterized his views as Conservative (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative) nationalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationalism),[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Savage_%28commentator%29#cite_note-NS-7) while others have characterized them as "fostering extremism or hatred".[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Savage_%28commentator%29#cite_note-8) He outspokenly opposes illegal immigration to the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_States), supports the English-only movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English-only_movement) and argues that Liberalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_liberalism) is degrading American culture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_the_United_States). Although his radio delivery is usually characterized as confrontational and politically themed, some of his show involves ruminating on topics such as medicine, nutrition, literature, history, theology, philosophy, culture (food, books, movies), and personal anecdotes.Feel free to check him out on youtube and see what you think.

NickF
12-14-2009, 01:29 PM
He's an arrogant and racist prick who looks at the world through glasses of hatred. So blinded by his hatred, he rarely asks why. Why do the terrorists hate us? Why are Mexicans hopping the border? Why do teens want abortions? Why should pot and other drugs be illegal?
If he does ask why, he fails to identify what gives the government the RIGHT to force us to wear seatbelts, or to arrest us for substance abuse.

Such is the difference between NeoConservatives and True Conservatives. True Conservatives uphold conservative values, familly, ect. But true conservatives do not wish to politicize these moral standards.It seems that the Republican party he praises is not working, with Rush Limbaugh being the only man at the RNC to make a dent. Its truly sad how people buy into Savage and Limbaugh's ****, vote for McCain and then realize he's only Republican by label. Its contradictory and shows the ignorance of our people.

Let's see some true, pro market, pro small government talk show host. Hell more importantly, politician.

Dragan
12-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Why do the terrorists hate us? Why are Mexicans hopping the border? Why do teens want abortions? Why should pot and other drugs be illegal?
If he does ask why, he fails to identify what gives the government the RIGHT to force us to wear seatbelts, or to arrest us for substance abuse.

Such is the difference between NeoConservatives and True Conservatives. True Conservatives uphold conservative values, familly, ect. But true conservatives do not wish to politicize these moral standards.It seems that the Republican party he praises is not working, with Rush Limbaugh being the only man at the RNC to make a dent. Its truly sad how people buy into Savage and Limbaugh's ****, vote for McCain and then realize he's only Republican by label. Its contradictory and shows the ignorance of our people.

Let's see some true, pro market, pro small government talk show host. Hell more importantly, politician.

Terrorists hate you because you are not a muslim and in their eyes you are a non-beliver who should be killed or converted.
As for the whole mexican issue, you have no right to bitch and moan about some one being pissed off that illegal immigrants are coming into their country and the government has to spend tax payer dollars on them, I would feel the same way if i were in his situation. And this is coming from some one who immigrated to Canada (legally ofcourse) and came here with next to nothing. The points he makes are 100% correct and you would have to be an idiot to disagree with him.

As for what gives the government the right to set laws? The fact that the citizens of the country voted for them. So clearly the majority of the U.S.A wants these drugs to remain illegal.

NickF
12-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Terrorists hate you because you are not a muslim and in their eyes you are a non-beliver who should be killed or converted.
As for the whole mexican issue, you have no right to bitch and moan about some one being pissed off that illegal immigrants are coming into their country and the government has to spend tax payer dollars on them, I would feel the same way if i were in his situation. And this is coming from some one who immigrated to Canada (legally ofcourse) and came here with next to nothing. I
As for what gives the government the right to set laws? The fact that the citizens of the country voted for them. So clearly the majority of the U.S.A wants these drugs to remain illegal.

Except for some minor exceptions, the majority of the reason we are hated so much in the middle east is not because we are not muslim. The main reason is because of years of internationalism, years of our "unholy feet" being on their soil. From Saudi Arabia to Iran and Kuwait we've set up several puppet governments with US sympathies. So, their hatred for American's is found in religion, yes, but for different reasons than you, or Mr. Savage here seem to think. The CIA calls it blow back. The points he makes are 100% based in fallacy. If an Arab man with more resources and manpower came to the US with guns blazing, demanded we give him cheap oil with the threat of war would you not hate Arabs? Hell alot of American's still ate Arabs becuase of 9/11. . He's an ignorant fool.

As per immigration, Mexican's are coming here in desperation. Because of our drug war, we have all but forced cartels from South America to Mexico, and now the Mexican government is just a figure head. The now cartels run Mexico, and the idea of a bunch of gangsters in charge of an entire country is a scary picture at best. This leaves everyday people living in Mexico living in fear for their lives and the lives of their families, so they sneak into the US.
I believe we should have open borders, **** let them in. If we let them in legitimately, we can tax them. No more bitchen about taxes.
Responses like this come in every time a wave of immigration begins. They said the same thing about the Irish, the Italians, and the Germans. I.e. our ancestors.
The points he brings up are 100% based in short-sightedness.

What we should also do is stop bombing farms and burning crops in South
America. This is essentially the reason Mexico is polluted with drug wars, and essentially the reason they are sneaking into our country. So if we legalize pot and coke, we would not only be saving hundreds of millions annually trying to stop it, but it would re-stabalize the Mexican government. Drug cartels would be losing income, and eventually would collapse. This is not to mention the obvious fact that they are our damned bodies, and no where in the constitution does the federal government have the right to ban or restrict them. I don't care who voted for them, 60%+ of our country doesn't even vote. Most of those who do vote for labels, not caring enough to know their actual positions on issues.

3mbry0n1kF3c3s
12-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Why do you think Mexicans have any less right to be in America, which is land that was stolen anyway? They have just as much right to be here as any white person. Thinking otherwise shows nothing other than blatant racism.

I agree that immigrants should definitely be learning english, however, I also believe Americans should be learning at least one second language. Many people in Europe speak 4 or 5 different languages fluently.

What kind of dick would summarize his entire political perspective with 3 words???

Ohhh... right, Savage is a republicant, exactly the type that would do such an arrogant thing.

NickF
12-15-2009, 12:02 AM
What kind of dick would summarize his entire political perspective with 3 words???

Ohhh... right, Savage is a republicant, exactly the type that would do such an arrogant thing.
There are plenty of ignorant *******s on the left as well

Deg™
12-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Michael Savage is just another bigoted shock-jock who thrives on conspiracy theorists and the mentally incompetent who believe the bull**** he spews out. He's no better than Alex Jones or Hal Turner; they're all a bunch of ****ing idiots.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
12-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Why do you think Mexicans have any less right to be in America, which is land that was stolen anyway? They have just as much right to be here as any white person. Thinking otherwise shows nothing other than blatant racism.

I agree that immigrants should definitely be learning english, however, I also believe Americans should be learning at least one second language. Many people in Europe speak 4 or 5 different languages fluently.

You're arguing that because we stole the mexicans land (lol) they should be allowed to live in our country illegally? This isnt about race.

Who cares how many languages people in Europe are speaking? We live in North America.

And your republican comment just shows how much of an ass clown you really are.

dragonnas
12-15-2009, 11:54 AM
This thread will suck up my entire day if I let it. So I will just state a few things:

Immigration laws are not based in racism. They exist to protect our economy from the dilution caused by an influx of poor laborers. Immigration laws exist to keep unemployment rates and inflation down, and to minimize cash flight from the nation. Small wonder that at a time of unprecedented inflation and unemployment in America, our "conservatives" are calling for a tightening of the immigration laws.

Citizens did not vote to make marijuana illegal. It was banned originally by an act of congress later supported by the desire to conform to international regulations (the opium convention) which included marijuana as a drug of abuse along with opium. The DEA has frequently stated that even if we vote to legalize marijuana, they will leave that drug scheduled in section 1; which is baffling because medicinal use has been proven in many circumstances (which would qualify marijuana for rescheduling in section 2).

Many americans do not even speak english well. Numerous polls show that as many as 70% of americans are only familiar with their own regional variation of American english, which means they only speak southern. Or they only speak AAVE (african-american vernacular english). Etcetera. Before we teach these retards other languages, we have to finish teaching them their first language.

It is both rational and practical to require citizens to speak the official language of the nation. Many other states (even states with superiority complexes compared to the USA) require it for full citizenship. America should be no different. If they don't want to speak english and only want to speak spanish, then they can stay in mexico and we will show them the door. Let them add to the unemployment rate in their native country instead of in ours. In addition, many nations have stringent requirements for immigration such as requiring a college education, or demonstrable proof of ability to work and provide for your family in the new environment. If we were to do that, I can imagine that the perception of immigrants in the USA would change drastically...

NickF
12-15-2009, 03:31 PM
This thread will suck up my entire day if I let it. So I will just state a few things:

Immigration laws are not based in racism. They exist to protect our economy from the dilution caused by an influx of poor laborers. Immigration laws exist to keep unemployment rates and inflation down, and to minimize cash flight from the nation. Small wonder that at a time of unprecedented inflation and unemployment in America, our "conservatives" are calling for a tightening of the immigration laws.
I don't see how an increase of producing members of society, if entered legally, could result in an increase in inflation. Theoretically, if there were more people (and the same amount of dollars), the demand for the dollar would rise and as such would its value. This is because our dollar has no basis in a fixed commodity like gold.
I also fail to see where unemployment would rise. Businesses would tkae advantage of an influx of workers. It would create further competition for jobs, and would thus facilitate the creation of new jobs. Business would expand to reach increased demand, they would need to produce more, and would therefore need more jobs. The belief that immigration destroys jobs is based in a fallacy, because you are failing to see the whole picture.

Many americans do not even speak english well. Numerous polls show that as many as 70% of americans are only familiar with their own regional variation of American english, which means they only speak southern. Or they only speak AAVE (african-american vernacular english). Etcetera. Before we teach these retards other languages, we have to finish teaching them their first language.
The problem here lies with our education system, not immigration..

It is both rational and practical to require citizens to speak the official language of the nation. Many other states (even states with superiority complexes compared to the USA) require it for full citizenship. America should be no different. If they don't want to speak english and only want to speak spanish, then they can stay in mexico and we will show them the door. Let them add to the unemployment rate in their native country instead of in ours. In addition, many nations have stringent requirements for immigration such as requiring a college education, or demonstrable proof of ability to work and provide for your family in the new environment. If we were to do that, I can imagine that the perception of immigrants in the USA would change drastically...
So telling people who wish to better themselves and the live sof their families to stay out is a good idea? Sir, I must point out that if they tried that in our history, the majority of us here in these forums would NOT be in the USA right now. People come here searching for hope, who are we, as free people, to tell them they can't live in freedom?
Although illegal immigrants are abusing the system, immigration policies are not the cause here. Poorly governed and structured welfare programs are.

CrazyGerbilEater
12-15-2009, 03:58 PM
The problem here lies with our education system, not immigration.

I would argue the problem lies more with the various subculture that are prevalent in the US which do not value education enough, and so many simply do not care enough to make use of the education system in place, which actually hurts the education system as teachers become unmotivated, fewer people become teachers, and fewer people contribute to it.

It's a sad thing when knowledge and intelligence becomes something unwanted and looked down upon, as well as sound financial planning and integrity.

Then theres the mass of uneducated people resulting from this who fail at our education system, not due to it be ineffective, but lack of trying. Then we start trying to change things around and screw things up even more.(I went through many of these new revamped classes, and they don't teach anything they just conform to what the students want(which isn't learning new things), I learned more history from Age of Empires than in all of my History classes combined, and I took advanced history, and extra history classes past my requirement.)

I'm glad I'm at Herzing, a private university, I actually learn things here and the teachers actually know what their teaching.

and there are many areas of the US(im not talking about the major cities) where only english is spoken.(naturally this is the more northern states) and it takes hours, if not days, to go somewhere where another language is spoken primarily, and hours just to find someone who speaks another language. I live in Wisconsin, which isn't the smallest state, but isnt the largest either. I'm at the capitol and there is a small spanish minority, and a growing mong community. Yet if i go to any of the towns outside madison, it's all english, and most of them don't leave their town or city and never will.

You could compare this with Europe, where an hour will land you in another country for most of the countries there, even if your right in the middle of the country. Then theres the most of the countries speak different languages as their primary language, or have for hundreds of years. Borders are pretty easy to cross, and are only becoming more so, and I'll bet many work in another country than the one they live in.

You can't really compare Europe and the US, and say people in the US need to learn more languages, because the vast majority won't encounter someone who doesn't speak English fluently in their lives. only in the major cities would it have a point, and even their only a couple major cities will they suddenly find themselves somewhere where english isn't spoken fluently.

For someone in the US, speaking another language is more of a hobby, or possibly a way to get a job than something that will every be useful. of course theres the southern major cities where there are huge Spanish communities, but the US is a large country, on a continent where English must be hovering around 80% or something for how many people speak it. Why learn a language you will never use, and isn't something your interested in learning.

I would be happy if suddenly every english speaking citizen suddenly developed an interest in speaking the language correctly, I regularly talk to a coworker(i work in a kitchen) and I correct him all the time in grammar(and I'm not an english major) and he honestly has no idea he's speaking incorrectly, or the meaning of many words I use in normal conversation, then I have to define them for him. Damn gettopeople

JeweyK
12-15-2009, 04:14 PM
I also fail to see where unemployment would rise. Businesses would tkae advantage of an influx of workers. It would create further competition for jobs, and would thus facilitate the creation of new jobs. Business would expand to reach increased demand, they would need to produce more, and would therefore need more jobs. The belief that immigration destroys jobs is based in a fallacy, because you are failing to see the whole picture.

I understand what you are saying and it makes sense, but I don't see it as what would really happen. I mean, ideally what you suggested would occur and everybody would be happy, but this isn't an ideal world.
My main question is why isn't this happening now? We do have many illegal immigrants in the US working jobs, living here, but they aren't creating more jobs and fixing the dollar value.

NickF
12-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I would argue the problem lies more with the various subculture that are prevalent in the US which do not value education enough, and so many simply do not care enough to make use of the education system in place, which actually hurts the education system as teachers become unmotivated, fewer people become teachers, and fewer people contribute to it.

It's a sad thing when knowledge and intelligence becomes something unwanted and looked down upon, as well as sound financial planning and integrity.

Then theres the mass of uneducated people resulting from this who fail at our education system, not due to it be ineffective, but lack of trying. Then we start trying to change things around and screw things up even more.(I went through many of these new revamped classes, and they don't teach anything they just conform to what the students want(which isn't learning new things), I learned more history from Age of Empires than in all of my History classes combined, and I took advanced history, and extra history classes past my requirement.)

I agree, but that's only part of it. Our education system is geared to punish teachers and schools because students are not doing well. I guess on paper, this sounded like a good idea to some. However, it only facilitates the notion that its ok to play the blame game, rather than just taking responsibility. Alot of my freshman courses were not designed to teach me anything. It's been a bunch of bull**** that if I didnt know already, I shouldnt be in college. What's sad is that I'm going to a Private University too. Our education system is illogical.

I understand what you are saying and it makes sense, but I don't see it as what would really happen. I mean, ideally what you suggested would occur and everybody would be happy, but this isn't an ideal world.
My main question is why isn't this happening now? We do have many illegal immigrants in the US working jobs, living here, but they aren't creating more jobs and fixing the dollar value
I disagree. I could very easily happen, and would very easily work. It worked during he Civil War when the Irish came, and it worked 70 years later when the Italians came. For instance, Waterbury, Ct used to be called the Brass city. Between Irish and Italian and even German French immigrants, it had by far the largest Brass industry in the US. It had Timex, and it even had serious industry in other fields. With cheap labor of immigrant workers it was the top dog. Hell, it even used its manufacturing capabilities to greatly help win WWII. Now, because of immigration laws, absurd minimum wages, and strong competition from China, its a slumville with little to no manufacturing. Business simply couldn't compete. In a truly free society, we would be able to compete with Chinese markets, and still make a better living than their asses.
It's just that arrogant pricks prevent it from happening. I'm not talking about Anarchy here, I'm talking about easing up restrictions on freedom. I'm talking about allowing small businesses to flourish, and allowing big ones to expand.

PocketRevolution
12-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Learning a second language, even one you never have occasion to use, is very good for developing your overall intelligence, understanding, and mental flexibility. Plus, if you learn French, Spanish, and English, the main colonizing powers of European history, you can find a common language in 2/3 of the countries in the world. I made up that statistic, but you get what I mean, right? Africa, Europe, South America, plus English as a second language in Asia, you could really travel on those three. In travelling the world, you could gain enough perspective to realize exactly what Michael Savage really is, and who his target audience is.

One interesting thing for me about learning French was realizing that a lot of things I had assumed were natural and universal about English were in fact quite open to interpretation. Why is it a black cat instead of a cat black? It really does help you to question the universality of your own experience. I also believe it makes you more prone to questioning and seeking new experiences. So maybe even without travel, we gain some perspective.

If you don't bother to learn one yourself, at least consider exposing your child to some foreign language, even an immersion program. It'll do them a lot of good.