PDA

View Full Version : Opiates

dragonnas
08-10-2009, 01:43 AM
I am a recovering oxycodone addict. I attend NA meetings twice a week and I take ativan and Paxil to ward off the anxiety and panic attacks that started once I stopped taking oxy.

I never had anxiety problems before my opiate habit. I took oxy or a comparable dose of opiates such as vicodin, morphine, dilaudid, percoset, or fentanyl every day for about 2 years.

I'm told I didn't have it as bad off as a heroin addict, but for a few days when I quit I was still climbing the walls with my fingers and sweating like Chris Farley on a bowflex. Now I'm mostly fine for the physical withdrawals are over, but I still can't sleep nightly and I wonder if anyone on bwh has had experiences comparable to this.

Also, Everything I just said is not about me. It's actually me referring to someone who isn't me. (SWIM).

Jax
08-10-2009, 07:47 AM
My moms best friend was addicted to pain killers. She past away earlier this year after having hung herself.

DuckDuckGoose
08-10-2009, 08:22 AM
You people who get hooked on opiates are ****in weird. I've tried Percocet, and Tylenol 3's before, never liked them, I don't even take a Aspirin for aches and pains.
Though I suppose taking the T3's was a semi blessing, I found out I am allergic to codeine when I took them.

The real fun is in hallucinogens, Shrooms, LSD, LSA, Mescaline, DXM, and Ketamine.

Aiur
08-10-2009, 08:23 AM
To be honest, I cannot say that I've experienced anything close to that. I'm glad to hear that you/your friend/whomever you're referring to is better now.

Titan
08-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I took opiate pain killers for a year and I got off them by slowly decreasing my dosage over 2 months. It was kind of annoying, but bearable. The most irritating physical withdrawal symptom thing was definitely the insomnia...I could be totally exhausted and not be able to sleep. However, it only took a few days after my last dosage to get over it. If your friend still has insomnia issues after being off oxycodone for a while, I suggest he/she talk to his/her doctor. It could be a result of current medications (I wasn't taking any other medications) or a new condition (you said the person was on opiates for 2 years...that's a long time and things can change).

dragonnas
08-10-2009, 08:21 PM
SWIM has done his research and it's rather common for the "heavy" opiates to leave one with insomnia for months after discontinuation. He could probably get meds for sleeping but that's always a slippery slope.

SWIM has done all sorts of drugs, uppers downers trippers stoners but its the painkillers that bring him back, partially for the blissful apathy and euphoria, and partially because of the mean withdrawal symptoms after a few days straight use. Pretty much any time he says he's "sick" today, everyone knows it means dope sick.

SC_Modder
08-11-2009, 08:36 AM
All I can say is that when you decide enough is enough you need to stick to it 100%. This is not the time for dramatics, you need to stay the f*ck away from those pills and the things (peer pressure, etc) that press you do take them.

If you're still a part of any I'd remove yourself from any of the groups on GT that associate themselves with drugs, and really anything else in your life that's enabled you to go as far as you have.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
08-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Yah! You need to stay the **** away from the addiction thats making you do it!

Titan
08-11-2009, 11:33 AM
SWIM has done his research and it's rather common for the "heavy" opiates to leave one with insomnia for months after discontinuation. He could probably get meds for sleeping but that's always a slippery slope.

SWIM has done all sorts of drugs, uppers downers trippers stoners but its the painkillers that bring him back, partially for the blissful apathy and euphoria, and partially because of the mean withdrawal symptoms after a few days straight use. Pretty much any time he says he's "sick" today, everyone knows it means dope sick.
Well, he is suffering from rebound insomnia, but without knowing his medical history, it's hard to say if the opiates are the cause--especially since he has abused a lot of drugs. Nevertheless, it should wear off eventually. If it's really troublesome, then he should talk to his doctor.

BloodyBlade
08-11-2009, 04:53 PM
You people who get hooked on opiates are ****in weird. I've tried Percocet, and Tylenol 3's before, never liked them, I don't even take a Aspirin for aches and pains.
Though I suppose taking the T3's was a semi blessing, I found out I am allergic to codeine when I took them.

The real fun is in hallucinogens, Shrooms, LSD, LSA, Mescaline, DXM, and Ketamine.It's quite easy if you take them often and take strong doses.

I suggest you try to ween off of the anti-depressants you are on (abilify, paxil). I personally believe that those **** your brain up.

Smoking weed is a safe (if used responsibly) cure for anxiety and insomnia.

dragonnas
08-11-2009, 08:22 PM
It's quite easy if you take them often and take strong doses.

I suggest you try to ween off of the anti-depressants you are on (abilify, paxil). I personally believe that those **** your brain up.

Smoking weed is a safe (if used responsibly) cure for anxiety and insomnia.

It used to be for me BB, until all this other ****. Now I get the paranoia that ppl talk about with weed that I never used to have. I just got on these meds a few weeks ago to cope w/ panic attacks and high anxiety. They are effective, almost as effective as oxycodone was. The bottom line is if I stop taking my legitimately prescribed medication to cope with these chemical imbalances, I will feel forced to self-medicate which means a spiral down.

I'm surprised more of you guys haven't experienced this type of thing... It's pretty common on the opiophile forum I frequent, lol.

BloodyBlade
08-11-2009, 08:28 PM
It used to be for me BB, until all this other ****. Now I get the paranoia that ppl talk about with weed that I never used to have. I just got on these meds a few weeks ago to cope w/ panic attacks and high anxiety. They are effective, almost as effective as oxycodone was. The bottom line is if I stop taking my legitimately prescribed medication to cope with these chemical imbalances, I will feel forced to self-medicate which means a spiral down.

I'm surprised more of you guys haven't experienced this type of thing... It's pretty common on the opiophile forum I frequent, lol.I've experienced opiate addiction second hand on multiple occasions. In my area 80mg oxy's are around $40 a pop, just because there are so many addicts.

dragonnas
08-11-2009, 08:33 PM
I've experienced opiate addiction second hand on multiple occasions. In my area 80mg oxy's are around $40 a pop, just because there are so many addicts.

They sell for $60, sometimes $70 here

BloodyBlade
08-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I've only tried it a few times, all for free. Smoking it was hella intense.

DuckDuckGoose
08-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Pfft, opiates arn't intense, intense is taking 1000mg's of DXM, and feeling like you're body is flying / falling through space and time, traveling the universe in your own mind, so ****ed up you have no recollection of your physical body ever being or existing and being to ****ed up to even move or speak.
Now that's intense.

It's probably my favorite out of all the hallucinogens I've tried, but it's the most damaging to the body.

BloodyBlade
08-12-2009, 11:53 AM
lol dxm.

What are you, in 8th grade?

Death(innocent)
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
As for oxycodone and other painkillers as a recreational drug, it's not generally a good idea, now I did pain killers off and on for two and a half years. I never got any major withdrawl symptoms, I just quit because the high sucked and the effects were just wearing off. It was really an enjoyable time, I didnít find it dangerous for me at least, and I donít see any long-term effects however. Thatís not to say for most, gauging from how much I took how often, I should of suffered much more severe withdrawl symptoms, the worst I got was a minor to mid headache but I had those from before painkillers. Itís really about control at the end; some people have it, some people dont. I must have been one of the lucky ones. Would I do it again? Yes because the two years were worth it, but I have seen the horrifying things it can do to people, both my parents were mid to heavy drinkers so I have sort of an immunity to some of this, or at least thatís what it seems like. I do have to stand out and say its highly addictive and can be extremely dangerous, once the withdrawl symptoms start in, you do go "drug seeking" and I guess thatís what people see as addiction, as I was a recreational user, not a habitual user, (there is a huge difference btw) overall I wouldnít say it didnít have its down points because it did, you do get hyper sensitive to people pissing you off even to minor things. In the end I would say itís not something people should try and it gets addictive and in the end the high wears off and then your just popping pills like candy for a LESSER effect. Anyway thatís my two cents.

dragonnas
08-13-2009, 09:55 PM
then your just popping pills like candy for a LESSER effect. Anyway thatís my two cents.

Someone who isn't me doesn't eat pills anymore. He crushes/snorts them if they are dilaudid or morphine, and if they are oxycontin he smokes 'em. He says the high is intense as ****.

I'm not sure what sort of dosage or meds you were taking, but SWIM stopped taking the vicodins and percosets ages ago, except when he was hurting bad and couldn't find anything pure.

DuckDuckGoose
08-13-2009, 11:37 PM
lol dxm.

What are you, in 8th grade?

Don't generalize. It makes you look stupid.
Trying to generalize a drug for one particular age group is a stupid move, yes alot of kids have done or still do DXM, but then again alot of kids have and still do smoke marijuana, I don't see you generalizing that one, or any of the other types of drugs young people do.

To answer your question that last time I did it I believe I was 18, pure DXM, not that bull**** from walmart.

Someone who isn't me doesn't eat pills anymore. He crushes/snorts them if they are dilaudid or morphine, and if they are oxycontin he smokes 'em. He says the high is intense as ****.

I'm not sure what sort of dosage or meds you were taking, but SWIM stopped taking the vicodins and percosets ages ago, except when he was hurting bad and couldn't find anything pure.

You can stop pretending that you're talking about your friend "SWIM", everyone who makes a topic that starts with "someone who isn't me" or "my friend" is talking about themselves.
If you or "your friend" are snorting pills or smoking them, you've got problems. I'm fine with people taking just about any drug recreationally, but when you get to the point where you're crushing up pills and snorting them or smoking them to get high, you need to take a step back and ask yourself what the **** you're doing.
Moderation is the name of the game.

dragonnas
08-14-2009, 12:07 AM
You can stop pretending that you're talking about your friend "SWIM", everyone who makes a topic that starts with "someone who isn't me" or "my friend" is talking about themselves.

It's just fun to word things in the third person. You really have no idea who I'm talking about. It could be me or it might not... does it matter?

If you or "your friend" are snorting pills or smoking them, you've got problems.

I believe "problems with drugs" was the general theme of the thread, yes. It is astute of you to make the connection, although rather redundant.

I'm fine with people taking just about any drug recreationally, but when you get to the point where you're crushing up pills and snorting them or smoking them to get high, you need to take a step back and ask yourself what the **** you're doing.

In your last post you defended your use of Dextromethorphan, the active ingredient in cough syrup, to catch a buzz. DXM is a by-product of Levorphanol, a synthetic opiod invented by the Germans, that is several times as potent as morphine. Most illicit DXM, however, is refined from cough syrup. Chemists procure a large quantity of cough syrup, then induce a chemical reaction to separate the active ingredient from its inert binders, purifying it just for your brain.

One of the simplest and most useful chemical reactions known to man is combustion, also called fire. By heating oxycontin, SWIM removes the active ingredient oxycodone from the binders and fillers mixed into the pill. By inhaling the gas, the chemical is introduced to the bloodstream much faster than by ingestion. This is not much different from recreational use of illicit DXM except in your case the person doing the chemistry is a third party.

Moderation is the name of the game.

Agreed.

xAnguish
08-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I was addiccted to Xanax and Vicodin for a couple months, coming off is the ****, especially when your in school thinking about stabbing yourself in the neck with a spork at lunch... anyway
a week or so after that i started using weed every day. Id say smoke a bowl at least once or twice and tell us if it helpd
sure helped me

BloodyBlade
08-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Don't generalize. It makes you look stupid.
Trying to generalize a drug for one particular age group is a stupid move, yes alot of kids have done or still do DXM, but then again alot of kids have and still do smoke marijuana, I don't see you generalizing that one, or any of the other types of drugs young people do.

To answer your question that last time I did it I believe I was 18, pure DXM, not that bull**** from walmart.Weed is a good high, and not only kids use it. I know that people other than middle schoolers use DXM, but not many. The high sucks, and thats kids in middle school can't tell. Just like salvia.

If you or "your friend" are snorting pills or smoking them, you've got problems. I'm fine with people taking just about any drug recreationally, but when you get to the point where you're crushing up pills and snorting them or smoking them to get high, you need to take a step back and ask yourself what the **** you're doing.
Moderation is the name of the game.He is doing that purely for legality, I believe.

dragonnas
08-17-2009, 12:29 AM
He is doing that purely for legality, I believe.

There are a few individuals on this forum who understand subtlety. I appreciate that when I encounter it.

howardmeis
08-17-2009, 06:07 AM
The real fun is in hallucinogens, Shrooms, LSD, LSA, Mescaline, DXM, and Ketamine.
This.

Opiates aren't my thing either. If you have trouble sleeping, try smoking weed. Helps a great deal, and it's far healthier then any otc you'll get, or even prescribed meds. Unless you live where you can be prescribed weed, then it's the best prescription you'll ever get :D

Ikji
08-18-2009, 11:34 PM
bluelight.ru

darkside subforum

may be helpful

LCS
08-19-2009, 12:34 AM
I've only dabbled w/ opiates (skiing = awesome) but fortunately never got addicted.
I'd highly recommend marijuana for anxiety / insomnia (esp. indica for insomnia lol).

3mbry0n1kF3c3s
08-19-2009, 02:10 AM

Ketamine isn't a hallucinogen you crazy duckling, It is INTENSE if you rail a big fat line and run at the wall as fast as you can, stopping suddenly.. Then you feel like Neo smashing into the pavement and rebounding back when he jumps off that building in the Matrix. Oh and don't forget DMT + 2cB, they can be the funnest of all! =D

DXM makes be feel gross like... 10x more than psilocybin mushrooms.

Megaz
08-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Ketamine isn't a hallucinogen you crazy duckling, It is INTENSE if you rail a big fat line and run at the wall as fast as you can, stopping suddenly.. Then you feel like Neo smashing into the pavement and rebounding back when he jumps off that building in the Matrix. Oh and don't forget DMT + 2cB, they can be the funnest of all! =D

DXM makes be feel gross like... 10x more than psilocybin mushrooms.
he never said ketamine was a hallucinogen..

xAnguish
08-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Weed is a good high, and not only kids use it. I know that people other than middle schoolers use DXM, but not many. The high sucks, and thats kids in middle school can't tell. Just like salvia.

What about salvia? Ive only done it 3x and it was the most intense drug ive ever done besides MDMA.
I started drooling and the ground was shaking left to right haha i miss it so...

BloodyBlade
08-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Salvia lasts a whole 10 minutes and makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. Moreso than any of the drugs I've tried.

PocketRevolution
08-20-2009, 10:54 AM
If you know what the difference is between a psychedelic and a hallucinogen, you probably also know that hallucinogens are NOT much fun. A psychedelic like LSD or shrooms makes you perceive things differently, see swirly colors and trails, and let go of certain thought patterns. A hallucinogen such as Datura, or massive doses of Dimenhydrinate (Gravol) will make you see things that are not there. On Gravol you will have conversations with people who are not there, in places you are not in. On Datura you may see wolves leaping at your face. Most people do not enjoy these types of experiences, particularly when accompanied by the severe "body load" that's a typical side effect.

Ketamine is a dissociative anaesthetic with some mild psychedelic properties. Don't mix it with alcohol unless you like vomiting. Do mix it with MDMA if you want your entire body to have an orgasm.

I used to take Paxil. I really didn't like it. It made me numb all the time. You could have come up to me and said "Your family just died in a fiery crash while driving a motorhome loaded with all your worldly possessions." and I would have continued to feel pleasant. Pleasant all the time. So I quit taking it, without advising my doctor. Prescription drugs have withdrawal symptoms too! They were not that much fun. But I think it was worth it. Though it's hard to say. There have certainly been times when I thought about getting back on SSRIs, or regretted not staying on them, finishing university, and integrating into regular society. Still, there's something to be said for really feeling your real emotions, even if they're often quite unpleasant.

Comparing psychedelics and opiates is like comparing beer with chocolate cake. They're for different things. They're both good in certain contexts. Psychedelics, used properly, aren't recreational. They're educational. They are tools for opening your perspective, and accepting ideas that you are resistant to, or oblivious to. They should be treated with respect, used infrequently, and in a controlled environment. Salvia is a perfect example of this. It can have quite powerful effects on your perspective and understanding, but I don't know of anyone that really enjoys the trip, Opiates lend themselves a lot more readily to recreation, and also don't have the steep tolerance curve of psychedelics, which within a week or so of daily use have almost no effect.

Personally, I've been more susceptible to stimulants like coke and meth than to opiates, but I think that has to do more with being naturally laid back, where high-strung people are drawn to the painkillers and relaxants. The worst withdrawal I ever got was from meth, and here we come to the advice portion: one of the techniques I've used to get off various drugs (including cigarettes) is reminding myself when the craving hits that this is the drug trying to control me. This is the drug laughing at me, telling me I'm it's bitch, and that I'm going to do whatever it tells me. At this point I remind myself that I will never be anyone's bitch, and if some demonic chemical believes it's going to defeat me, well, it has another thing coming.

Furthermore, rather than focusing on the long stretch of not doing drugs ahead of you, focus on the benefits of being sober, which get stronger as time passes. With each day you don't light up a smoke your lungs get healthier, your blood pressure gets lower, and the cravings diminish. Rather than seeing a long, insurmountable stretch of time ahead of you in which you must not waver, see a steady improvement in your quality of life, day by day. Hobbies are also good. I took up rolling a quarter over my knuckles to give me something to do with my hands instead of smoke cigarettes. Playing video games, even, can help distract you from the discomforts of withdrawal.

Oddly enough the one thing that I've not yet been able to kick is marijuana. I've gotten off meth, ketamine, Paxil, tobacco, and Ceroquel, and kept enough distance from heroin and its myriad cousins to never have an issue. But despite repeated vows to kick the habit I keep going back to sweet mary jane. Every pothead will spout you the same "facts" about how pot is not addictive, as they pull on the end of their third joint that day. They will say "it's psychologically addictive, not physically." Notice how the word addictive is still there though. Besides which, I've gone back and forth enough times to know that there ARE physical withdrawal symptoms, not the least of which is insomnia. Still, if you're going to have a substance dependency, it's one of the least harmful.

Anyway, good luck. Be strong. And once you get through the really nasty part of the Oxy detox, talk to your doctor (if it was prescribed by one) about gradually getting off the Paxil and...um...I forget what the other one was. They prevent depression, but they also cut off the upper end of your emotional scale too.

dragonnas
08-23-2009, 02:05 AM
I used to take Paxil. I really didn't like it. It made me numb all the time.

I was prescribed paxil to deal with panic attacks that had started to take control of my life. I was very, very depressed. Ordinarily I value tackling my mental problems (or any problems for that matter) with willpower alone, but the panic attacks hit me in a way that I had never experienced before. My mind would literally shut down while I became consumed with nonsense thoughts and anxiety. I always thought I was "too smart" to take antidepressants, but the state my brain was in proved me wrong.

After doing some research into my condition I have concluded that years of drug use had cause my brain to become dangerously low on seratonin. Soon I will get off the paxil prescription and switch to a natural combination of Thiamine, GABA and ginseng. GABA and Thiamine are the building-blocks of chemical seratonin for your brain, and ginseng promotes good circulation and memory recall. Given a choice between continuously recycling spent seratonin (SSRIs) or simply giving myself the materials to synthesize more when I need it (GABA+Thiamine), I choose the second, more natural option.

Comparing psychedelics and opiates is like comparing beer with chocolate cake.

+rep

one of the techniques I've used to get off various drugs (including cigarettes) is reminding myself when the craving hits that this is the drug trying to control me. This is the drug laughing at me, telling me I'm it's bitch, and that I'm going to do whatever it tells me. At this point I remind myself that I will never be anyone's bitch, and if some demonic chemical believes it's going to defeat me, well, it has another thing coming.

This is exactly the strategy I have used to sober up numerous times. I remind myself that "wanting" things isn't real if you don't really want it. In the case of drug dependency, the "want" is caused by a button in your brain that you want to press with the help of a chemical. A "happy" button that some people just love to sit around and press all day so they are happy for no reason. But its an illusion, which means the desire to do it is an illusion and the negative effects from not doing it are also illusions.

Oddly enough the one thing that I've not yet been able to kick is marijuana

I don't consider marijuana to be a drug of addiction. Because when I want it, I only kinda want it. And when I can't get it, I think oh well, life goes on. I use marijuana when other drugs are causing me to freak out. Frequently I don't use marijuana at all, but when I come back to it it's always nice and pleasant. Never had a bad experience on Marijuana, and I never sold anything of value to get more. Never paid my rent money to get marijuana. Etc.

Anyway, good luck. Be strong. And once you get through the really nasty part of the Oxy detox, talk to your doctor (if it was prescribed by one) about gradually getting off the Paxil and...um...I forget what the other one was. They prevent depression, but they also cut off the upper end of your emotional scale too.

With every floor comes a ceiling. That's an old saying from sales jobs but it works here too. The other drug I was prescribed was Ativan. Paxil reduces the baseline anxiety and is also effective at treating compulsive behavior. I had been a compulsive gambler for years and this caused a lot of my meltdown. Ativan is a fast-acting CNS depressant, a benzodiazepine, which is good for what they call "breakthrough" anxiety. I take the paxil daily so that hopefully I won't have to take the ativan. But if I start having another panic attack, the ativan is there to pull me out of it before I hurt myself or my life.

The combination is extremely effective in preventing the panic attacks, but I find a more effective treatment has been to get my life back on track and to focus on positive things. When I had these attacks and this depression, my life was seriously ****ed up and I had nothing or noone to count on. Everything was wrong. I hated myself. Anyone would be depressed in those conditions.

It sounds hokey but the best prescription for me has been Jesus. Except in a non-christian way. What I mean js that spirituality and forgiveness and devotion to a higher purpose have contributed more to my healing than any chemical in the pharmacy ever could.

BloodyBlade
08-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Around my area, people take ativan recreationally to get high. It's like xanex apparently.

howardmeis
08-24-2009, 08:21 PM
he never said ketamine was a hallucinogen..

EXTREMELY close however.

Xanax.....just tried it the other day, maybe I didn't try enough or something (only did 50mg) but it was pretty lame....had maybe an hour long body high, with extra giggles (I had already smoked some weed and was with my broha so was giggly neways). When it stopped I thought to myself "that was lame...." and went on with my day.

Weed is a viable medicine. Use it. I do. Any time I can't sleep, have a sore stomach, can't concentrate, can't figure something out, can't remember something, am going somewhere new (social anxiety ftw!), have a headache, have a bad day, basically anything I smoke a bowl and I'm cured.

Don't get addicted to anything. It's not good. I thought I was addicted to weed so I stopped. 3 weeks cold turkey, while still being around it a lot (still with friends and such), and getting a new job later, I come to the conclusion I'm not addicted, floored it home, and smoked a nice fat bowl of some dank my broha got for me.

BloodyBlade
08-24-2009, 09:51 PM
EXTREMELY close however.

Xanax.....just tried it the other day, maybe I didn't try enough or something (only did 50mg) You're a moron. 50mg of xanex would kill you. I'm on 6mg (2 white bars) of xanex right now, and 70mg of hydrocodone (norcos). I feel bomb.

dragonnas
08-25-2009, 02:03 PM
lol you took 7 norcos? christ just CWE that ****.

Cold-Water Extraction

kokokoko
09-19-2009, 11:31 AM
I assume you can't relax enough to go to sleep, try camomile tea. Or pick up a eighth of kush that will knock you out for sure.