PDA

View Full Version : Minimap Colors Hack Tutorial

OverFlow636
07-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Minimap Colors Hack Tutorial.rtf (http://www.bwhacks.com/overflow/Minimap%20Colors%20Hack%20Tutorial.rtf)

give me comments about it by pm's

Dew
01-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Does anyone still have this tutorial?

Sight
01-26-2010, 04:09 PM
This was posted over 6 years ago...

Phrostbite
01-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Even if somebody had it I doubt it would still be relevant right? I mean wouldn't the offsets have changed and stuff since then?

NickF
01-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Offsets changed, but the means of finding them shouldnt have

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
01-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Lol, promasser from all the **** you talk you really show your true self when asking questions like this in a thread like this for a tutorial like that.

Jiggie=#1
01-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Surprising enough I still have this tutorial.

Minimap Colors Hack Tutorial
by OverFlow636 - The fisrt to make this hack

Step 1: Information
Background:For thoes of you who dont know what this hack does ill tell you, in starcraft there is a function when you hit shift+tab it will make colors of people different acording to weather or not you are allied to them. My hack makes it so there color reflects weather or no there allied to you with allied victory or not.

Shift+Tab eh?:Sence this function is on after shift+tab was pressesd it makes you think that starcraft somehow keeps track of wich colors to show, what better way than a simple boolean switch.

Step 2: First Offset
Tool: Artmoney, if you use Tsearch delete it right now and get Artmoney.
Actions: Start sc, get in a game, minimize and search in artmoney for exact value of integer(standard) 0. Theres millions yay. Go in sc and hit shift+tab then minimize and sive, keep doing this till you get one offset, proly take about 3-6 sieves.

Step 3: Debugger!
Tool: Ollydebug.
Actions: Open ollydebug and hit the go to address button, top center arrow pointing at dots, enter the address you found in artmoney and hit enter. Once your at this address right click on it and go to Find refrences to then click selected command. When i did this i got 5 refrences plus itself so i went to each one too look at its code to see what its doing. The first one i looked at seemed verry interesting, it was checkin if the address was 1 or 0 then setting bl to different things each time.

Heres its code:
MOV AL,BYTE PTR DS:[AddressFromArtmoney] ; loads the boolean, if its 0 it jumps to off code wich shows normal colors
TEST AL,AL ;
JE OFF ;
MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[xxxxxx] ; on code, this part is look at your allied staus to them
LEA ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+EAX*2] ;
MOV AL,BYTE PTR SS:[EBP+ECX*4+xxxxxx] ; al now = 1 or 0 depends if your allied to them or not
TEST AL,AL ;
JNZ ENIMY ;
MOV BL,BYTE PTR DS:[xxxxxx] ; al==1 your allied to them so set color to yellow
JMP END ; so the byte at xxxxxx is the number for yellow
ENIMY: ;
MOV BL,BYTE PTR DS:[xxxxxx] ; al==0 your not allied to them set there color red
JMP END ; so the byte at xxxxxx is the number for red yup
OFF: ;
MOV BL,BYTE PTR SS:[EBP+xxxxxx] ; hrm this one is normal so this one sets up all players colors hrm
END: ; xxxxxx is player 0's color so ebp is player number whoot
; set color = xxxxxx+playernumber

Step 4: Code
Tools: Brain.
Action: From here you decide what you wana do, you can make a damnation/inhale plugin that has a jmppatch somewhere in the on section of the code above. With that jmppatch you have everything you need, epb is the player number of the person you want to color, mov the color into bl then jump back on line end and youl be good. You may want to filter out your own playernumber so you dont change your own green color. And yes you can change the colors of minerals n stuff.

TIME
-31 minutes to write this for yall.

ViperSRT3g
01-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Oh wow I already knew this with the alliance thingy I recently made.

NocNigga
10-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Had it & it was pretty useful, but as of these days? I dont think it's been updated :P