PDA

View Full Version : wtf Iran

Calaspawn
06-23-2009, 04:25 AM
Iranian authorities scramble to negate Neda Soltan 'martyrdom' - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6561253.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1)

What kind of barbaric government bans the mourning and funeral ceremonies required to honor the life and help relieve the loss of your own child. These people lost their daughter to government extremists and are now forced to obey or they will suffer the same fate. Makes me mad :(

Ranged
06-23-2009, 05:58 AM
The Iran bull**** makes me sad panda.

hellinsect
06-23-2009, 09:14 AM
This kind of low level corruption is happens in governments all around the world including in the USA. People just don't believe the stories they hear about a person getting beaten up by a group of police officers in the USA and having his head all bloody and nothing happening to the police officers.

But, killing people is a little bit worse then what usually happens in the USA.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
06-23-2009, 09:37 AM
The US government bans public funerals?

Aberrant
06-23-2009, 11:39 AM
This kind of low level corruption is happens in governments all around the world including in the USA. People just don't believe the stories they hear about a person getting beaten up by a group of police officers in the USA and having his head all bloody and nothing happening to the police officers.

But, killing people is a little bit worse then what usually happens in the USA.

Low level corruption? Are you kidding me? That is corruption all the way to the top. If anything this shows the amount of corruption going on in Iran. Which is why we are sitting in 2 countries that are on their borders.

As for getting beaten by a group of police officers, that is humans being morons, not some government gestapo silencing free speech.

hellinsect
06-23-2009, 01:10 PM
I say let them ban public funerals or whatever they want. Iran's media is lying about any wrong doings their might of been. Their people will swallow it hook line a sinker. Our media just wants a reason to go to war with them again. See, the number one mistake people make is thinking their government is not corrupted.

Also, maybe they banned the funeral for a reason that they do not like people gathering and protesting and setting fires?

Aberrant
06-23-2009, 03:16 PM
I say let them ban public funerals or whatever they want. Iran's media is lying about any wrong doings their might of been. Their people will swallow it hook line a sinker. Our media just wants a reason to go to war with them again. See, the number one mistake people make is thinking their government is not corrupted.

Also, maybe they banned the funeral for a reason that they do not like people gathering and protesting and setting fires?

Are you ****ing kidding me? First of all when did we go to war with Iran the first time? Next, yes we have some corrupt people in government, but no where near like the crap going on over there. As for having a reason to ban the funeral, you have got to be trolling because that is absolutely retarded. It is a funeral for ****s sake. Those people scream every time we interrupt a funeral for some insurgent **** head, and now they want to ban a normal persons?

You may be great when it comes to game hacking but you need to leave the politics and thinking about things other than hacking to the big boys.

hellinsect
06-23-2009, 06:20 PM
The media was pushing to go to war with them a year ago. Never turned into any thing after the oil prices dropped. No one here knows how that happened. Might have had something to do with large oil fields magically being found Russia of all places.

Here are the facts about the war they are tried to start with Iran and the war they did start with Iraq.

1. The UN inspectors found nothing when they inspected Iran for nukes.
2. No weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq, (Media lied about that).
3. The media lied about them supplying solders in Iraq with guns when only 4 guns out of all the guns confiscated had any connection to Iran.

Now they are starting up the bashing again. But it's not going to get far because you guys are smart enough to not actually fall for starting a war with Iran.

Aberrant
06-23-2009, 07:17 PM
How in the world is the media pushing for war? The most left wing bunch of pansies out there want war? Sorry not buying it.

1. The UN inspectors found nothing when they inspected Iran for nukes.

They know that Iran is using centrifuges to enrich uranium, all in the attempt to provide power to their people. Remind me again how much oil they sit on top of? Further more, this discussion is not about their nuclear program, it is about their civil rights violations.

2. No weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq, (Media lied about that).

Actually, ole Stretch Hussein was the one that made it appear that he had weapons of mass destruction so he wouldn't appear weak to the other arab nations.
"It was very important for him to project that because that was what kept him, in his mind, in power. That capability kept the Iranians away. It kept them from reinvading Iraq," Piro says.

3. The media lied about them supplying solders in Iraq with guns when only 4 guns out of all the guns confiscated had any connection to Iran.

As for this little comment, trust me when I tell you that Iran has done a fair amount to supply the insurgency with weapons and explosives. The EFP's that have been used for the past 2+ years were a direct feed from Iran. First with the actual devices, then copying them. Do not think for a second that Iran does not have an interest in us getting ran out of Iraq. It would make their lives so much easier if we were, they would finally be able to take that country over after decades of trying.

No one is talking about starting a war wit Iran over this incident, but it is just another case of them showing how ****ed up they truly are.

hellinsect
06-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Here are a few sources to support the claims I made earlier.

When they were forced to show the link, this is how it turned out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfLRc1BjN20)
Un inspector claims no weapons were found and to this day, no proof was showed. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba3Tzl31SPA)
Other counties medias claim we were making it all up about the nuke thing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tq6m0XFM_Y)

Yea, and as long as the media doesn't start calling for war, they can bash Iran about the unfair treatment of their people all they want.
Also, I remember how Clinton was bombing Iraq right before his election back in 1999. Just saying both sides are pro-war based upon history and actions.

Calaspawn
06-24-2009, 03:37 AM
Here are a few sources to support the claims I made earlier.

When they were forced to show the link, this is how it turned out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfLRc1BjN20)
Un inspector claims no weapons were found and to this day, no proof was showed. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba3Tzl31SPA)
Other counties medias claim we were making it all up about the nuke thing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tq6m0XFM_Y)

Yea, and as long as the media doesn't start calling for war, they can bash Iran about the unfair treatment of their people all they want.
Also, I remember how Clinton was bombing Iraq right before his election back in 1999. Just saying both sides are pro-war based upon history and actions.

No weapons were found but Sadam wanted people to think he had them. Saddam violated the treaties put in place by the UN so many times that war was going to happen eventually whether Bush did it or it got shoved on Obama's shoulders, Clinton bombed them because the Iraqi troops were shooting at our recon planes and he had to retaliate by bombing SAM defenses.

hellinsect
06-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Look, I am just sick of people using crap like this to try to justify staying in Iraq and the need to be ready to attack Iran at any time. Any smart person knows it's about oil and that we need to bring our troops home and forget about how they run things. No they are not going to nuke Israel if we do this and anyone that believes that lie is retarded in my mind.

Aberrant
06-24-2009, 08:30 AM
And I am just sick of people talking about things they have no clue about. What world experience do you have in that area? How much time have you spent speaking to Iraqi's who lived under Saddam's thumb? It is not about oil, if it was, the first thing we would have had back up and running is all of their oil production. This is about stabilizing the most unstable region of the planet.

Mookster
06-24-2009, 10:05 AM
For the soldiers, that's what this is about, amongst other things.
For the executive branches of the government, I'm more skeptical too. The United States government hasn't always been trustworthy. It's a necessity to heavy scrutinize their claimed motives.

Calaspawn
06-28-2009, 05:17 AM
Bumping this thread with an update on the Iran stuff.

sSpWT5F-8_k

British embassy employees arrested in Tehran, Iran - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fgw-iran-britishembassy28-2009jun28,0,7411437.story)

SS059IZiXyg

Protesters being arrested at hospital and denied treatment sounds a lot like Bloody Sunday...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/feedarticle/8579273

hellinsect
06-28-2009, 06:12 AM
If you want to put pressure on Iran to do the right thing that's fine. But, it's not America's job to fight counties social problems and in the end they are going to have to choose to do the right thing.

unimailer1972
06-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Two Questions:

1) probably directed at K more than anyone. Do people in the military look forward to war with Iran? Are we prepared? I do not mean to say it is inevitable, I'm just wondering what the feasibility of it actually is. I believe that the US has the most awesome fighting force the world has ever seen. Our technology, coupled with the drones, should give us the edge over numbers hands down. IS that true?

2) The media is NOT independent or unbiased, whatever you may believe. I'm not talking about conjecture, just the fact that it is a business. How do you make people tune it? So, my second question is: If the media demonizes Iran enough, will the US populace support was with Iran? The second part to this question is: what would a war with Iran look like? Just bombing the **** outta them, ground movement, what else?

I'm just wondering what you all take away from this and the numerous other reports in the past year or so.

Aberrant
06-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Two Questions:

1) probably directed at K more than anyone. Do people in the military look forward to war with Iran? Are we prepared? I do not mean to say it is inevitable, I'm just wondering what the feasibility of it actually is. I believe that the US has the most awesome fighting force the world has ever seen. Our technology, coupled with the drones, should give us the edge over numbers hands down. IS that true?

We do no look forward to going to war with anyone. We would prefer to never use our training. But we also recognize the volatility of that region, and until these last few areas come around to getting along with their neighbors and the world we will never see real peace. Having said that, it will take a lot more bs on their part before we ever do anything to them.

2) The media is NOT independent or unbiased, whatever you may believe. I'm not talking about conjecture, just the fact that it is a business. How do you make people tune it? So, my second question is: If the media demonizes Iran enough, will the US populace support was with Iran? The second part to this question is: what would a war with Iran look like? Just bombing the **** outta them, ground movement, what else?

I'm just wondering what you all take away from this and the numerous other reports in the past year or so.

As for the media, they are very liberally biased. Liberals as a general rule are against war. The media reports the stuff in those area's just because it gets people to tune in. Hell they tend to highlight the bad much more than the good. I can't tell you how many good things I saw happen in Iraq, but the news does not report those. Just the blood shed or wrong doings. Such is the animal that put Obama in the white house.

A war with Iran would look fairly similar to the war with Iraq the first time. Massive air campaign to gain air superiority. Then if they had not capitulated, a very large ground campaign coming from multiple directions with heavy armor and medium armor while airborne and air assault elements punch in to key targets. Of course the air would be continuing to give close support and take care of any other targets that might become of interest during the ground attack.

But it doesn't really matter, it will take Iran having nuclear weapons capabilities or actually attacking another country before we do anything. Same with Korea.

unimailer1972
06-28-2009, 01:39 PM
A war with Iran would look fairly similar to the war with Iraq the first time. Massive air campaign to gain air superiority. Then if they had not capitulated, a very large ground campaign coming from multiple directions with heavy armor and medium armor while airborne and air assault elements punch in to key targets. Of course the air would be continuing to give close support and take care of any other targets that might become of interest during the ground attack.

But it doesn't really matter, it will take Iran having nuclear weapons capabilities or actually attacking another country before we do anything. Same with Korea.

But, doesn't Iran have a much larger ground force that is much better trained? I mean, don't they make Iraq look like a bunch of pansies? And, if you believe that it would take an aggressive action by either, how long would it take for us to actually get into action? I do not know what our response time it. I do not recall in 'Desert Storm' how long from their invasion to our forces hitting the ground took, do you? Just curious.

Aberrant
06-28-2009, 02:04 PM
But, doesn't Iran have a much larger ground force that is much better trained? I mean, don't they make Iraq look like a bunch of pansies? And, if you believe that it would take an aggressive action by either, how long would it take for us to actually get into action? I do not know what our response time it. I do not recall in 'Desert Storm' how long from their invasion to our forces hitting the ground took, do you? Just curious.

Iraq an Iran were at war for years, basically ended in a stalemate. Yes, they do have a slightly better army than Iraq had and yes we would take more casualties than in the wars with Iraq. But we would still not take any where near the casualties of Vietnam or WWI and WWII. We can respond fairly quickly to with some units, for full scale war it takes a bit longer to position. Not going to go into the times for how fast we can launch and put boots on the ground, but it is a relatively sort period of time. But here again, this is why we are maintaining in both Iraq and Afghanistan, we can launch from both of those locations very quickly with armor.

hellinsect
06-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Russia is against it and have sold them massive amounts of weaponry designed to make our looses as high as possible in the event of a war. That is why Iran is different then Iraq.

Aberrant
06-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Having equipment and being able to properly employ it on a massive scale are two different things. And as I said, we would only go in there if they really stepped out of line, at which point Russia would relent to allow it.

The weaponry is really not that impressive though.

hellinsect
06-28-2009, 03:49 PM
No, but it is enough to increase the cost by at least 10 times over iraq.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
06-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Not really.

Aberrant
06-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Only reason it would cost as much as Iraq is if we stick around for stabilization operations. Just hit them and forget them.