PDA

View Full Version : the death penalty(debate)

eviltemplar
03-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Prompt: Is the death penalty a deterrent to criminals in the United States?
i would like this to be more then a its moral vs unmoral. meaning that to have evidence or logical reasoning to back up your view would be appropriate.

Antihaxer
03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I think anyone that is convicted for murder,rape, assault with a deadly weapon, or armed robbery should be sentenced to death and that all drugs should be legal. This would save tax payers so much money.

Aberrant
03-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I fully support the death penalty. But it is not a decent deterrent here in the US. And the reason that it is not a decent deterrent here is it takes too long and there is too much BS to go through before they put someone down. We start shooting everyone convicted for murder,rape, assault with a deadly weapon, or armed robbery directly after their sentencing and it would be much more effective.

BD-ICY
03-12-2009, 09:23 PM
I fully support the death penalty. But it is not a decent deterrent here in the US. And the reason that it is not a decent deterrent here is it takes too long and there is too much BS to go through before they put someone down. We start shooting everyone convicted for murder,rape, assault with a deadly weapon, or armed robbery directly after their sentencing and it would be much more effective.

The only problem with this, is that some people are wrongly convicted. I've heard about a guy who served like 20 years in prison for raping a girl, and after he served his full sentence and got out, they found out that the guy that was really raping and killing women was still out there killing while an innocent man wasted 20 years of his life in jail for something he didn't even do.

Edit: Found an article on it (Even though its really short lol.) Man Serves 20 Years for Rape He Didn't Commit - Los Angeles Times (http://articles.latimes.com/2003/dec/04/nation/na-briefs4.1)

Aberrant
03-12-2009, 10:00 PM
That percentage is extremely, extremely low. Look at how many people are sitting in jail today for those types of crimes and how many do you think were wrongfully imprisoned? I truly think that we need to get rid of the blights on society to both send a message to criminals, and to lower the price of prison upkeep. Doesn't it bother you that your tax dollars go to provide 3 hots and a cot to people who will never benefit society again? It sure does me.

Now the usual argument is that with all the appeals a death row inmate gets, the price to have them killed goes up tremendously. In order to make the system efficient, the inmate should only get 1 appeal, and that must be done in the first year. If after that 1 year and 1 appeal they are not acquitted, they should be put down. I am not talking about costly executions, I am talking a .45 to the head.

gamepin126
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't consider the death penalty as a deterrent. That kind of thought doesn't normally go through the minds of the people committing the act. I find the death penalty to be more of a cost effective way to deal with murderers. When you consider how over crowded prisons are, and how much it costs to take care of, watch over, feed, clothe, and all that crap of a single inmate for a year it gets pretty ridiculous. Not to mention doing that for thousands of individuals. It's a drain on society to maintain these kinds of people.

el-camino-ss
03-13-2009, 12:28 AM
I consider life to be the most important thing out there. Some think that death is the ultimate penalty but its also the worst way to punish someone... If you kill them, its done, over, there is no sentience being served and they are not suffering anything, there just gone, they can't think about what they did and they can't regret it.

I think life in prison is a better punishment but obviously not as cost effective.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
03-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Who cares if they dont feel bad? They're out of our hair for good and they're not going to be wasting our tax dollars any more than they already have (that is if we do use cheap executions cost like Abberant mentioned).

Antihaxer
03-13-2009, 03:21 AM
Who cares if they dont feel bad? They're out of our hair for good and they're not going to be wasting our tax dollars any more than they already have (that is if we do use cheap executions cost like Abberant mentioned).
Body builders with axes are pretty cheap.:awesome:

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
03-13-2009, 03:41 AM
I'm sure a .45 round is cheaper. But seriously enough with the spam.

Titan
03-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Aberrant's quick, cheap method would kill too many innocent people, and the deterrence would be minimal.

Aberrant
03-13-2009, 08:52 AM
You think there are that many people sitting in jail who were placed there wrongfully? That number is like .001% of the total population sitting in jail. Hell probably less that that. Sorry, but those are numbers I can live with if it would cut down on the number of pathetic life forms that our tax dollars are paying for.

Antihaxer
03-13-2009, 08:57 AM
You think there are that many people sitting in jail who were placed there wrongfully? That number is like .001% of the total population sitting in jail. Hell probably less that that. Sorry, but those are numbers I can live with if it would cut down on the number of pathetic life forms that our tax dollars are paying for.
I agree. Far more people that are guilty are free than innocent. A lot of people that are "innocent" are only innocent for that particular crime anyways and because of their life style got caught up in a charge they didn't do, however, this person most likely has done some other crime and had not been caught for it.

Titan
03-13-2009, 10:26 AM
130 innocent people have been freed from death row since 1973. (http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocence-list-those-freed-death-row)

In addition, from 1973 to 1995 “federal and state courts have overturned 68 percent of the death sentences they have reviewed because of serious errors in their trials…and in cases sent back for retrials, 82 percent of convicted capital defendants received new sentences that were other than death -- including 7 percent who were found innocent.” (http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=900005519489)

The evidence against the reliability of our criminal justice system is astonishing, and extends far greater than just what I have cited here. It is difficult to justify the death penalty in a system so fraught with errors.

DuckDuckGoose
03-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Many people will try to argue that the death penalty is a deterrent, but it isn't and never should be labeled as such.

It is a way for us to clean up the sickest and most vile people in our criminal system. People you can't release back into society.
We should actually be doing it more and saving our tax payers tons of money. The people who are sentenced to death deserve it, there's no rehabilitation for them, rehabilitation rarely ever works for plain ordinary criminals, the person has to be willing and most criminals just arn't.

Some of you go to far though, rape, and assault with a deadly weapon should not be grounds for the death penalty and neither should armed robbery unless they use their weapons to harm someone.

How would you like to be walking to your car one night and someone tries to mug you, only you pull out a baseball bat from your car and beat the crap out of them with it. I hope they had a knife or a gun, cause if not you're going to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. It's happened before.

The death penalty for rape is just absurd, kids have been charged with rape for having consensual sex with each other. Should they be put to death for that?
What about when a woman has consensual sex with someone and then cries rape after wards? We all know it happens, it happens alot.
Rape isn't something that is horrible enough to deserve the death penalty.

Antihaxer
03-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Many people will try to argue that the death penalty is a deterrent, but it isn't and never should be labeled as such.

It is a way for us to clean up the sickest and most vile people in our criminal system. People you can't release back into society.
We should actually be doing it more and saving our tax payers tons of money. The people who are sentenced to death deserve it, there's no rehabilitation for them, rehabilitation rarely ever works for plain ordinary criminals, the person has to be willing and most criminals just arn't.

Some of you go to far though, rape, and assault with a deadly weapon should not be grounds for the death penalty and neither should armed robbery unless they use their weapons to harm someone.

How would you like to be walking to your car one night and someone tries to mug you, only you pull out a baseball bat from your car and beat the crap out of them with it. I hope they had a knife or a gun, cause if not you're going to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. It's happened before.

The death penalty for rape is just absurd, kids have been charged with rape for having consensual sex with each other. Should they be put to death for that?
What about when a woman has consensual sex with someone and then cries rape after wards? We all know it happens, it happens alot.
Rape isn't something that is horrible enough to deserve the death penalty.
When I said rape I meant child molestation and repeat offenders. A lot of sexual offenders are Predators that need to be put to death.

Aberrant
03-13-2009, 11:25 AM
There are currently over 2.3 million people in our prison system. That is .00005 percent that were released for wrongful death row convictions. And that is just counting the current population against the 130 who were released in a 20 year period. So really the number is even smaller than that. I must be a heartless son of a bitch because I have no problem living with that percentage. In 2006, there were 13,470 people killed in alcohol impaired accidents, those are wrongful deaths but we do not ban alcohol.

The reduced time that they are allowed to sit in prison, combined with the reduced cost of execution will free up millions of dollars for education. Furthermore, showing everyone that the we are fed up and that their chances of actually being executed will reduce the over all crime rate. Esp when we are canceling their subscriptions to life instead of sending them back out on the streets after a few years of screwing their heads up even more.

DuckDuckGoose
03-13-2009, 12:47 PM
When I said rape I meant child molestation and repeat offenders. A lot of sexual offenders are Predators that need to be put to death.

Rape is rape, you can not start making case by case decisions on who is worse than the other. That is not the way our justice system works. You are guilty of a crime and must serve the sentence for that crime, we can not make special exemptions for people who commit the same crime.

Also, up until a hundred or so years ago sleeping with someone as young as 12-13 was normal. Since we've been around humans have always mated with each other once they reach sexual maturity IE 12-16 years old. Or younger in some cases. You can't suddenly make a law saying oops that's wrong now and if you do whats been programmed into your genetics we're going to throw you in jail and murder you.
It's only recently that it's been drilled into our heads that's wrong. and disgusting. I'm not defending the pedo's here but you can't suddenly flip a switch and turn off your instincts at the drop of a hat.
I do think any of them that actually force a child to have sex with them should be thrown in jail for life, but other than that no.

Antihaxer
03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Rape is rape, you can not start making case by case decisions on who is worse than the other. That is not the way our justice system works. You are guilty of a crime and must serve the sentence for that crime, we can not make special exemptions for people who commit the same crime.
We can change the sentence to be death though.

Super
03-13-2009, 01:19 PM
There are currently over 2.3 million people in our prison system. That is .00005 percent that were released for wrongful death row convictions. Only a fraction of them committed a crime worthy of the death penalty (3,308) so the .00005 is actually a much larger number.

And that is just counting the current population against the 130 who were released in a 20 year period. So really the number is even smaller than that. I must be a heartless son of a bitch because I have no problem living with that percentage.
There have been 1,153 people executed since 1976. That means roughly 10% were wrongfully accused by Titan's statistics. Still too small a number?

In 2006, there were 13,470 people killed in alcohol impaired accidents, those are wrongful deaths but we do not ban alcohol.
Knives and guns, just like alcohol, don't kill people; it's the users that do. Someone under the influence doesn't get into their car and kill people out of malice. On the other hand, someone with a gun does.

The reduced time that they are allowed to sit in prison, combined with the reduced cost of execution will free up millions of dollars for education. Furthermore, showing everyone that the we are fed up and that their chances of actually being executed will reduce the over all crime rate. Esp when we are canceling their subscriptions to life instead of sending them back out on the streets after a few years of screwing their heads up even more.
Have you noticed that every country in the EU has outlawed the death penalty? Their crime rates aren't nearly as high as ours. The vast majority of criminals aren't lunatics and they haven't killed anyone. Most do have one thing in common however and that is that they're uneducated. If we reform out prison system in a constructive way instead of a destructive one, many can get out and do something with their lives. Our overcrowding issue stems from a lack of proper education, as does our crime rate.

Titan
03-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Aberrant your ratio doesn't make any sense, like Super pointed out. Your ratio is far exaggerated because you're using everyone in prison (14 states states don't even have the death penalty). Using statistics only for those given the death penalty show much higher percentages of exonerations.

MnE4life
03-14-2009, 09:53 AM

Like my step dad said to me and he is right for the amount of people that would fry even though they're innocent and the amount of criminals it is worth frying them all even if the innocent die, **** em.

MA[Night]
03-14-2009, 11:02 PM
well iv always come to belive that whats fair is fair.
if you kill someone for no reason, you should be killed for no reason
if you steal, you should be stole from ect ect ect...
but, more on my rather diffrent-beliving side... i think that if we really wanted to "conqur" criminals and such, that we should consider the reason behind why they would do what they do...
an example per-say. whats the usall reason a person would rob a bank? well to get more money of course!
why would someone gangbang? to represent there culture, and socail planning of future crims or "eliminations" of people. now why would someone do drugs...? well to feal that effect that it gives off.
now what we are dealing with here to my best ablititys to explain... would be the fact that people are using "less favored" ways of obtaining these things, or effects of such. now we as a community cannot comprehend that there are much better ways to obtain diffrent things that we want. most of these people are criminals, the poor, the unknowledgeable, ect. in such ways... the people that mainly cause this is either themselfs for not realizing the fact that there is, a better way to do things. or the people who say "my way or the highway" quote on quote... if one person is bigger then the other, but the other person is smaller "powered" but has a better way of going about a situation then who do you think would surpass one? in most cases, the stronger of the two... this is because they have pre-earned the opinion of the people and have brainwashed one to belive in what he wants till the end... hitler for example.
on the rare occasion though there will be that one person who will sway the opinion of the public to there side and rebel. this in which case brings me back to the problem at hand... why do people commit crimes? because they are too self subordinate to think of a better way, or theres someone else who disagrees with there "better way" who decides to eliminate the possiblity of lossing there fame as the "better way"...
as such, there can be no true way to go about something if these "people" presist in blocking the truthful better idea of one another. thus brings us to the death penality, can someone really truthfully decide that death is the better way? no probly not... there are too many reasons and other ways that will downgrade the votes of one option over another... theres never a "true" right answer to this. only the most popular voted option of enforcment. its just to huge to comprehend what the "best" idea would be because we have not studied the effects of every option given to us.

if it wer in my opinion, id say we should first find the reasons behind the crime, add an alternative action-of-doing to the best of our ablititys. come to a negotiation with the criminal, give them one more chance to make there life right. if they dont come up with a "non-crimatic" option, sentance them to there orignal penalty+the new one.

and yea i know my option isnt the best way to do things as noones really is, but its all i can really comprehend and think of right now.

KenshinHimura
03-15-2009, 02:49 PM
The death penalty is fine in theory, but in practice and in the current state that it is in, it really isn't something we should have. I'll go through some of the points that make this statement true:

First of all, the monetary cost of the Death Penalty outweighs the current cost of a life sentence by a large margin.

Second, the majority of crimes that have capital punishment are done in the heat of the moment, not something planned ahead of time. In these cases, the thought of "if I do this, I will receive capital punishment" will not come to mind. The person kills out of blind anger, not forethought, therefore using this as a deterrent of crime does not justify the first point or reduce crime by enough to justify itself.

Lastly, it is very hard to have a perfect trial with perfect evidence and 100% chance that the person committed the crime. There is that small bit of doubt, reasonable or not, that may or may not have made this person innocent. You can not kill any number of people in the hopes that one of them was the real perpetrator. That isn't something we need as a part of our society, and can lead into some much deeper sh1t.

Until these problems can be solved, the Death Penalty is not something that is logical to use. The only advantage of having the death penalty left is more for the victim/victim's family to have that feeling of revenge, which is another fallacy of the system.

That being said, I do support having those who murder in ways that are unbelievable should be put to death, I just don't think that the current system is the way to accomplish it.

I'll leave the research and hard facts to those who care, its something that google can solve within a few minutes.

hure
03-16-2009, 05:36 AM
@Aberrant

its easy to talk like this if your on the sunny site. i'd really love to see someone very near you (brother, sister) getting death penalty for nothing.

your are very arrogant and decadent, have you ever thought about YOUR influence of their failure? ppl like you claim all the land for themselfs, everyone who doesnt agree and whats to be different has no place to go. everything is ocupied by the consum monsters, exactly this generates all the crime that is going on.

but i have to agree with you on one point, i wouldnt care for losses if i had the opportunity. i would kill like 5 billion ppl right now if i could (dont care if im included) to clean the world of its illness. sure i would hit a lot of innocent ppl, but it would be a small percent and not matter that much.

Aberrant
03-16-2009, 07:32 AM
We all have the ability to make our own choices. My brother was in and out of jail for years so I have a tiny bit of understanding of the situation. But if he was sent to jail for murder, too bad so sad, you shouldn't have done the crime. I am so sick of people saying that it is societies fault for the way people turn out. I was abused as a child, had a father who did drugs and was an alcoholic, he beat my mother, we were in the lower to mid class. Now that I am an adult, I have never abused my children, have never touched drugs, drink a 12 pack a month, wouldn't think about hitting my wife, and am in the middle class. So don't give me that environment bull ****. Life is about choices, you make good ones you go far, you make bad ones you go to jail or should be put to death.

hure
03-16-2009, 08:50 AM
bull****. If you get told everyday by ads from tv and walls that your life sucks if you dont have this and that you are pushed into that situation.

I have friends who had many tousands debt before they were 20. they wanted to have a nice flat, a car, newest clothes. this desire for always more goods inst comming from nowhere, its generated by society and companys.

its also not only a question of choices, luck weighs much more than because its often needed to even have the possibility of choice. I made many bad choice, many of them just because i wanted to see the side of a bad choice. But i also was intelligent enough to read the system which pushed me into one or another way. I always found a gap to fit through, a way to abuse the system.

The problem I see are not those ppl who make "good" choices, the ppl who are "intelligent" or humble. I have a huge problem if someone judges or ppl which are "dumb" and cant know it better. They cant see behind the facade, so how can you blame them for making the faults to acomplish having the exact same fake facade?

As soon as you "teach" those ppl how it might look from an other angle, they realise how their behaviour is controlled by a third party. **** I even see this hapening with myself. I just do it the other way arround, when im standing in front of a shelf in the supermarket I do the exact oposite what my "feeling" tells me, because I know my "feelings" are most likely corrupted. This also lead to some of the "intentional bad choices" I made.

I learned with very young age that you can manipulate others to make behave in a certain way. Thats why Im aware that other ppl who concentrate on that (advertisers) must have like amazing skills in that so they can even trick the most "intelligent" ppl.

Oh, and I dont care where you from, its where you at.

Aberrant
03-16-2009, 09:31 AM
bull****. If you get told everyday by ads from tv and walls that your life sucks if you dont have this and that you are pushed into that situation.

I have friends who had many tousands debt before they were 20. they wanted to have a nice flat, a car, newest clothes. this desire for always more goods inst comming from nowhere, its generated by society and companys.

its also not only a question of choices, luck weighs much more than because its often needed to even have the possibility of choice. I made many bad choice, many of them just because i wanted to see the side of a bad choice. But i also was intelligent enough to read the system which pushed me into one or another way. I always found a gap to fit through, a way to abuse the system.

The problem I see are not those ppl who make "good" choices, the ppl who are "intelligent" or humble. I have a huge problem if someone judges or ppl which are "dumb" and cant know it better. They cant see behind the facade, so how can you blame them for making the faults to acomplish having the exact same fake facade?

As soon as you "teach" those ppl how it might look from an other angle, they realise how their behaviour is controlled by a third party. **** I even see this hapening with myself. I just do it the other way arround, when im standing in front of a shelf in the supermarket I do the exact oposite what my "feeling" tells me, because I know my "feelings" are most likely corrupted. This also lead to some of the "intentional bad choices" I made.

I learned with very young age that you can manipulate others to make behave in a certain way. Thats why Im aware that other ppl who concentrate on that (advertisers) must have like amazing skills in that so they can even trick the most "intelligent" ppl.

Oh, and I dont care where you from, its where you at.

This is not the worst example of grammar I have ever seen, but it is damn close. If you do not want to be judged poorly, then maybe you should take some time and actually become educated so you can learn to write a coherent statement. Not torture us with the visual equivalent of nails on a chalk board.

So you are telling me that your friends are weak and can not realize they do not have the money to buy the finer things in life. And oh by the way it is commercials fault for brainwashing you and your pathetic friends into purchasing these items of desire, not need. Of course I must realize that you are a modern day super genius, trying to learn the bad side of a choice by actually doing it and not opening your eyes shows that. Or is it that you are an emotional woman? Only women let their lives be governed by their emotions and feelings, not logic. Now I know that not all women are like that, but it is the majority, sorry Jackie :)

But really this is not the discussion at hand. This is supposed to be pertaining to the death penalty. Now if you are implying that people kill because of advertisements, and that those people should not be held accountable because it is the advertisers fault, you are even more pathetic than your post has made me believe you are.

Sir_Winkey
03-16-2009, 09:40 AM
I don't promote nor oppose capital punishment. I think that the question of whether and in what circumstances the state should impose capital punishment is only to be decided by the prescribed processes of civil law (which morality is hopefully made by the people for the people).

Antihaxer
03-16-2009, 09:42 AM
This is not the worst example of grammar I have ever seen, but it is damn close. If you do not want to be judged poorly, then maybe you should take some time and actually become educated so you can learn to write a coherent statement. Not torture us with the visual equivalent of nails on a chalk board.

So you are telling me that your friends are weak and can do not realize they do not have the money to buy the finer things in life. And oh by the way it is commercials fault for brainwashing you and your pathetic friends into purchasing these items of desire, not need. Of course I must realize that you are a modern day super genius, trying to learn the bad side of a choice by actually doing it and not opening your eyes shows that. Or is it that you are an emotional woman? Only women let their lives be governed by their emotions and feelings, not logic. Now I know that not all women are like that, but it is the majority, sorry Jackie :)

But really this is not the discussion at hand. This is supposed to be pertaining to the death penalty. Now if you are implying that people kill because of advertisements, and that those people should not be held accountable because it is the advertisers fault, you are even more pathetic than your post has made me believe you are.
Thanks, you saved me from posting. :-) I agree 100%. Only pussies blame other people for what they did.

Edit: @ Sir_Winkey, If the people of this country knew they would get their taxes cut if we imposed the death penalty more often then I guarantee they would vote yes. Some people just do not understand how much money is being spent on caring for criminals in prison. I think we should turn all prisons into huge factories.

Super
03-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Even the Greeks realized how barbaric the eye for an eye idea was over 2000 years ago.

hure
03-17-2009, 12:41 AM

So you are telling me that your friends are weak and can not realize they do not have the money to buy the finer things in life. And oh by the way it is commercials fault for brainwashing you and your pathetic friends into purchasing these items of desire, not need. Of course I must realize that you are a modern day super genius, trying to learn the bad side of a choice by actually doing it and not opening your eyes shows that. Or is it that you are an emotional woman? Only women let their lives be governed by their emotions and feelings, not logic. Now I know that not all women are like that, but it is the majority, sorry Jackie :)

I'm not raised in an english environment, maybe you should come down from your high horse and enable your reciever intelligence? This again shows me your "I'm better than you" attitude. You know, I'm damn well educated and I'm using this education rather to understand people than to make fun of their sucky language skills.

Wow, you only have prefabricated patterns of thought? I am NOT brainwashed by commercials to the extend that I can't control my actions. Its a subconscious manipulation of how we act and a very small amout of "western" people are not affected by this manipulation. I'm in no way an emotion driven person, I calculate my decisions very well, I have to or I would fail miserably as an engineer. Those bad decisions were made to see how it is to suceed even with a handicap not because I'm a masochist and like to get butt****ed. It's also mostly the fun side which is the "bad choice".

Yep, your sexistic analogys really are not on topic, but the reason behind someones behaviour should have a big influnce on his later punishment and therefore is subject of this discussion. Sure you don't like this, because it doesnt fit into your simple "schema" of black and white. Criminial = bullet in the head.

My point is, that there is no space for the people deviating from the normal distribution. It's the typical democartic dicatorship of the majority, your either with us or dead. And because you as "normals" occupy all the space for yourself, there is no place to go for others. You cant avoid the consumption madness as almost all the goods are highly addictive nowadays. Companys love addictive stuff, it's a secured income. About >150 years ago, trading (now illegal) drugs, especially opium and coca, was a big business. People realised that this leads to major problems if drugs are taken out of control. They were used in spiritual rituals without big problems for tousands of years, but the mass market made the people going crazy because they couldnt handle it. Now we still have the same trail. We are pushed to get all the addictive "cool" stuff. As soon as we cant have this stuff anymore we go crazy and do "bad" things. Just watch how kids tick out if you take away their computer games, they cry, get angry, smash things, hit animals and other people. We should fight the disease not the sympthoms. An amputation doesnt kill the metastases its a temporary fix for the abscess.

P.S. I hope this was written well enough to not make your poor eyes bleed again.

Mookster
03-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Like my step dad said to me and he is right for the amount of people that would fry even though they're innocent and the amount of criminals it is worth frying them all even if the innocent die, **** em.
That's ridiculous.
The only thing gained from a guilty man being put to death, is the money saved in contrast to how much it costs to keep them alive in prison. The pleasure gained from knowing someone is dead? It's a sick, incredibly wrong pleasure that runs along the same lines as the pleasure your typical murderer gets when he commits the crime, and shouldn't be encouraged by the government.
Now, when the government wrongly convicts an innocent man and sentences him to death? That's murder. Plain, simple, murder. That should be avoided at all costs. Money shouldn't even be debated as a factor unless the prison system is draining funds so harshly that it's subsequently costing lives elsewhere; but it's not.
Now you're just left with the satisfaction people get from knowing these people are put to death. Is that twisted satisfaction worth the life of even a single innocent person? **** no. It does nothing for anyone, except allow them to gain a false sense of closure by satisfying a hatred. It's wrong, and a weak, cowardly way of coping with your feelings. **** that ****.
By the way; 130 proved innocent that were saved from wrongful capital punishment. How many weren't so lucky?