PDA

View Full Version : ip ban from bnet

iHackBroodWar
01-29-2009, 05:23 PM
hey i think i got ip banned FOR HACKING and now i can't whisper or go to any public/private channels. the only channel i can go to is THE VOID, and you can't even chat there

so basically its really hard to connect with your friends so you have to like talk to them outside the game

so yeah just a warning to all those people out there, be careful. i don't know what i did that made me get banned, cause hacking is not obvious and i don't think i behaved poorly. but maybe its my CD KEY or something

also is there any way to get unbanned? maybe ip change or something...

Phrostbite
01-29-2009, 05:26 PM
You can always go through the blizzard ban appeal process.

Aiur
01-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Your CD-Key has been voided. Try re-installing StarCraft with a different key.

iHackBroodWar
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Your CD-Key has been voided. Try re-installing StarCraft with a different key.

i tried reinstalling with about 5 different cd keys. they were all from a random number generator.

the battlenet problems started occurring only after i had to reinstall my starcraft, and i never had problems with the old cd key that was legit and from a cd cover case. unfortunately i lost that key

so either
1. i got IP banned and all the cd keys i try never would work and i have to try appealing or,
2. there are legit, cd-cover keys and fake, randomly-generated ones that are automatically muted.

yeah i'm gonna try appealing thx for that

Aiur
01-29-2009, 06:06 PM
The CD-Key generator you are using must be generating voided keys (I used to have one that did that). You'll have to either appeal to Blizzard or just buy/trade for a legitimate key.

iHackBroodWar
01-29-2009, 06:53 PM
The CD-Key generator you are using must be generating voided keys (I used to have one that did that). You'll have to either appeal to Blizzard or just buy/trade for a legitimate key.

the first time i used the cd key generator to play with a "fake" key, my main account said it was closed, and all my other accounts got muted on battlenet

so either i did get IP Banned for hacking, or the muted cd key that is void locks the first battlenet account or my main one or whatever the first time i use the void key (not probable though(

Aiur
01-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Perhaps it's a combination of both (account closed for hacking[Warden is now active, BTW], and in the void because of voided CD-Key)?

JeweyK
01-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah. You have a dud CD Key generator.