PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Change 'start' on WinXP home/pro

Lord_Nicon
01-03-2009, 01:15 PM
(sorry if wrong forum, please move it if need be)

Hey guys, Nikon here.

I made this tut for another website i am affiliated with, but i figured i would share it here also. This is NOT game hacking related, but it is pretty nifty imho.

DISCLAIMER: I, NIKON, AND THE MEMBERS, STAFF, AND MODERATORS OF EXPLOITNATION.ORG AND BWHACKS.COM ARE NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF DATA CAUSED BY MODIFICATION OF SYSTEM FILES OR THE REGISTRY. THIS TUTORIAL IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT'S USE. IF YOU ARE NOT 100% COMFORTABLE WITH THE METHOD, DO NOT USE IT. I WILL NOT FIX YOUR MISTAKES.

That being said, enjoy.

PS: a few people asked me on the other forum if this will effect computer performance. No, it will not. the only thing you are changing is a string literal.

i_0pBSgoeT4
Resource Hacker (http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/)

el-camino-ss
01-04-2009, 05:08 PM
you should put a link in your description for said resource hacker. You don't mention it being needed at all until it pops up in the video.

Lord_Nicon
01-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Edited post to add the link. the first thing i say in the video (besides who i am) is that you need reshack, and said to google it lol. all good i added it neways.