PDA

View Full Version : Hiding running programs

gamepin126
12-30-2008, 04:51 AM
I'd like to take a program and be able to hide it so that the user doesn't know that it's running. Hiding from task manager would be preferred but it's not required. I'm not interested in minimizing to tray. I'd like the window to be invisible, and all task bar and alt tabbing to be hidden.

I looked around but everything seemed shady at first glance, so I figured I'd ask first.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
12-30-2008, 04:57 AM
ShowWindow Function () (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms633548(VS.85).aspx)

FlamingAsterix
12-30-2008, 04:57 AM
Do you need to be able to access the program's executable or gui on the computer you're intending on putting it on? If not, you could always use an exe binder to attach it to something that the computer automatically runs, such as explorer or, if you need access through the firewall, the default web browser.

ViperSRT3g
12-30-2008, 05:20 AM
Hm... Sounds interesting, I'll look into this.

Dyndrilliac
12-30-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm not sure how to go about hiding the application window, but to hide an application from the windows task manager you just need to set it as a service using RegisterServiceProcess.
#include <windows.h>

void HideFromTaskManager(DWORD dwProcId) {

RegisterServiceProcess(dwProcId, 1);

}

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
12-30-2008, 08:01 AM
ShowWindow will do what he wants. I made a little program back in high school that would hide internet explorer with a hotkey so I could play games on line.