PDA

View Full Version : Wait what?

Synister Sir
11-20-2008, 07:15 PM
I was playing Starcraft over Battle.net (like there's any other way to play it) and I noticed this box in the chat box when I first log in.

It was something about being muted or something. The only thing is is that I just got this a week ago. It was an illegal copy, I torrented it and everything. But I'm wondering why it's still muted if it's not matched to the original owners IP

Or do they not operate through IP's or something

You probably get this question a lot, but please help me out here. I've been waiting to play with a couple of friends for a while and know that this has occured I have to wait even longer.

Aiur
11-20-2008, 07:23 PM
The CD-Key you installed the game with is muted. You'll either have to deal with it or re-install StarCraft with a new CD-Key, or download a copy of StarCraft from the Blizzard website with the muted CD-Key.

11-20-2008, 07:23 PM
If the cd-key is muted, it doesn't matter what computer or IP you're connecting to b.net from, it will stay muted . You need to buy a legit cd-key.

Synister Sir
11-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Alright, I got another working CD-key from someone I know on a forum who doesn't play much. Do I need to register a new account so they won't mute that one on the spot for having the same CD-key as the one that was already muted?

Mojo9o
11-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Ip dont get muted, cd keys do. There are plenty of keys you can download off the internet that are muted and banned. Muted keys can be perm or a time length. after so many offensives they perm remove your chatting abilities. The previous owner of the key was probably flood botting or anything in that nature of annoyance via chatting. No biggie just wait it out ><\

edit: no you dont need ot make a new account

Aiur
11-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Alright, I got another working CD-key from someone I know on a forum who doesn't play much. Do I need to register a new account so they won't mute that one on the spot for having the same CD-key as the one that was already muted?
Don't worry about that. Just re-install StarCraft with the new CD-Key and you'll be fine.

Synister Sir
11-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Don't worry about that. Just re-install StarCraft with the new CD-Key and you'll be fine.
Alright good. I'm currently downloading the software update and I'll be done.

Thanks everyone

Sinz
11-20-2008, 10:05 PM
wow, so we allow referral links and pirated copies of sc now, thats cool I guess

DSG
11-20-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't see any problems as long as hes not posting links or cdkeys...

BD-ICY
11-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't see a referral link :O

Deg™
11-20-2008, 10:15 PM
well he certainly can admit he has a pirated copy, he just can't post or share it.

i, for one, have pirated copies of Spore, Crysis, Adobe CS4 Master Collection, Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft XP, Vista, and 98 install disk ISOs, plenty of movies and music, and nero.

Sinz
11-20-2008, 10:18 PM
I have tons of pirated **** also, but what I was getting at is in the past when people had asked for help with copies they had pirated a mod usually came along and told them not supported here buy the game.

Deg™
11-20-2008, 10:19 PM
These days, if you can get a legit CD Key, you can get the game free from Blizzard anyway.

el-camino-ss
11-21-2008, 12:07 AM
dont really need to reinstall... just get a key changer

MiCrOz
11-21-2008, 02:23 AM
We don't support the pirating, but the question wasn't about pirating, it was about a muted cdkey. Just as we don't/didn't support nocd cracks.

And you won't have to worry about making a new account. The mute is linked to the cdkey, not the account or IP.