PDA

View Full Version : Kills himself on webcam..

ParadiseFaust
11-19-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't know if you guys have heard, but apparently this guy took a LOT of Xanax and E, possible more stuff, while broadcasting to his forum buddies last night and died.

Thread he made:
Ask a guy who is gonna OD (again) tonight anything, - Bodybuilding.com Forums (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112065561)

Video Clip of cops and paramedics arriving:
Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting (http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=espzsh&s=4)

Myspace page
MySpace Deutschland (http://comment.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewComments&friendID=206599326&MyToken=5ae15ebc-0fc8-42e8-b288-b811bf55fff3)

Looks pretty real. That's some f*cked up sh*t. People watched him for around 8 hours before calling the cops because he was a troll and OD'd alot. It was his birthday, and he apparently has a 2 year old daughter. Midway in the thread he wrote a suicide letter, explaining himself. I think suicide is a selfish thing to do for anyone with immediate family.

Mookster
11-20-2008, 12:35 AM
I wonder if they'll try to get the IP's of those involved in the chat, and charge the one's who encouraged him.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
11-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Looks like he was a dumbass.

el-camino-ss
11-20-2008, 01:41 AM
uggg @ 60 pages

Calaspawn
11-20-2008, 04:19 AM
I hope it is not real.

ViperSRT3g
11-20-2008, 04:32 AM
That's kinda sad...

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
11-20-2008, 04:33 AM
More oxygen for me.

ViperSRT3g
11-20-2008, 04:44 AM
More oxygen for me.

Don't forget about the decomposition process.

putis
11-20-2008, 05:27 AM
I wonder if they'll try to get the IP's of those involved in the chat, and charge the one's who encouraged him.

This is something I'm curious about also. It'd be interesting to see what, if anything, they are charged with.

JeweyK
11-20-2008, 06:01 AM
That **** is ****ed up. People actually watched it...

Mr.CoolFace
11-20-2008, 07:30 AM
This is stupid. Not one person called be for 8 hours? I don't feel bad for the kid who did it at all.. but for humanity itself....

BLeH
11-20-2008, 07:39 AM
I think there should be some legal retribution for the people egging him on. If we're going to consider suicide a crime in society, people cannot and shouldn't be allowed to watch from the sidelines inciting others to conduct criminal activity while in the act.

The worst part is this might of been preventable, there was about 30 minute interval between when he declared his intention to commit suicide and his final post, we can't even really be sure when he actually died (or if he did assuming he's in a coma) or how long it took after taking ingesting the drugs.

ZoiD
11-20-2008, 07:52 AM
The Internet brings out peoples true personalities if you think about it. When you remove law and consequence all that is left is honor and morality.

We hack and cheat computer games which is pretty bad. But that can't be compared to someone trying to convince another to take their own life. Those kind of people deserve to be removed from computers completely. It disgusts me such people actually exist.

han_han
11-20-2008, 09:58 AM
That guy shouldn't have been on drugs in the first place. Drugs do impair judgment...

Edit: I just went through the first 20 pages of the thread. I don't get why everyone kept calling the guy who didn't feel sorry for the OP an *******. Attention whore got attention by dying. Then, people want to pin it on the mod that thought he was faking because he's faked a ton of times before. bb forum misc community is fail at logic and reason.

CrazyGerbilEater
11-20-2008, 11:10 AM
boring way to watch someone kill themselves.

Dyndrilliac
11-20-2008, 11:25 AM
This is natural selection at work. Let the worthless fools weed themselves out of society, saves reasonable people the trouble.

Deg™
11-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Mad meant for this to be serious discussion; if you're going to reply keep it worthy of this forum or you'll get an infraction.

Redlemon
11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Well, now there's more oxygen for us. And we've gotten rid of an ignoramus. KUDOS!

ZoiD
11-20-2008, 01:38 PM
This is natural selection at work. Let the worthless fools weed themselves out of society, saves reasonable people the trouble.

I wouldn't say natural selection, you throw anyone in a grim situation and they can be pushed over the edge.

The 'State of mind' doesn't define a persons entire existence.

You could perhaps argue that just because the person couldn't cope that displays weakness in their genetic code, but once again that depends on circumstance. If we took away all your computers and threw you in the middle of the desert, would be natural selection to say 'oh well Dyndrilliac didn't make it, hes no Solid Snake!'

Now you could point out I'm no longer arguing suicide, which is completely different scenario than the one I've used as example.

So perhaps bringing it back to reality, a good one would be. What about that 13 year old girl who commited suicide because she was bullied by her next door neighbor (source (http://www.abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6281225&page=1))? Now that is a better example of how the 'state of mind' and influence of others is more powerful than genetic malfunction in regards to self termination.

Natural Selection is more directed at ones success than failures, as success can be clearly defined as the result of ones skillset weighted on genetic capabilities (physically/vocally/mentally/etc), while failures can be seen more as mistakes or unlucky circumstance.

Anyway if you break it down really simply, Natural Selection is the definition of many good traits inherited, while the bad ones phase out.

Not the opposite way around where Bad traits are deleted and good ones are preserved. If it was the latter then your statement about suicide = natural selection would be seen as valid.

CrvyloOo
11-20-2008, 01:58 PM
I saw this thread and clicked on it, but was disappointed that the guy OD'd. I would have probably actually looked into it had he shot or hung himself.

ParadiseFaust
11-20-2008, 02:06 PM
We hack and cheat computer games which is pretty bad.
Even if I agreed, that's not even comparable.

Indefinite
11-20-2008, 03:05 PM
We hack and cheat computer games which is pretty bad.Let me remind you that there are two sides of the same coin, meaning hacking/modding/exploiting/cheating doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong/bad. Let's also not forget that the good/bad and right/wrong thing is pretty relative.
However, this doesn't relate to the main topic, nor should those be compared. They're two different realms, both with different rulesets.

Considering we're living in a sick society, he got what he should've expected.
I have no right to judge him in my right mind.

earthful
11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
This is stupid. Not one person called be for 8 hours? I don't feel bad for the kid who did it at all.. but for humanity itself....

mmm....
ONE LIFE FOR HIMSELF!!!
EVERYONE LIFE FOR THE MANKIND!
:yeah::eek7:

ZoiD
11-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Even if I agreed, that's not even comparable.

Well you're right it isn't comparable. I never said it was.

Only contrasting between what people have no mortal issues with in the internet world(well more so our community).

BD-ICY
11-20-2008, 09:09 PM

I agree 100%.

Aberrant
11-20-2008, 10:59 PM

Have to agree with you Dyn. I do not have a whole lot of sympathy or concern for people who commit suicide. We all hit rough points in our lives but either you figure out how to get past it and make your life better, or you free up oxygen for the rest of us. I am sorry but it is as cut and dry as that in my book.

Indefinite
11-21-2008, 12:30 AM
I'd have to agree with Dyn and Aberrant, when the guy's issue was no biggie or he haven't ran out of options to solve it.

Bottom line is this **** is plain dumb in it's very core.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
11-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Hence why this shouldnt be in serious discussion.

Dyndrilliac
11-21-2008, 11:10 AM
@Zoid: I would counter-argue that the ability to reinforce ones mind and overcome difficult mental states (or lack thereof) is a significant piece of the genetic code, as it requires access to the more basic areas of the reptilian brain which remain as the fight or flight instincts in our mammalian brain and it's higher logical reasoning capabilities. The cause of people's suicides is their higher reasoning skills winning out over their more basic instinct and rationalizing to themselves that everything would be better if they just did not exist. These anomalies need to be removed from the gene pool, and either through genetic deficiency or divine providence that is exactly what's happening. Pardon me if I don't seem to broken up about it.

Calaspawn
11-21-2008, 12:43 PM
All of this stuff got taken down and the authorities are involved now.

Florida teen kills self in front of live webcam | Technology | Internet | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSTRE4AK6J420081121)

Mookster
11-21-2008, 04:00 PM
@Zoid: I would counter-argue that the ability to reinforce ones mind and overcome difficult mental states (or lack thereof) is a significant piece of the genetic code, as it requires access to the more basic areas of the reptilian brain which remain as the fight or flight instincts in our mammalian brain and it's higher logical reasoning capabilities. The cause of people's suicides is their higher reasoning skills winning out over their more basic instinct and rationalizing to themselves that everything would be better if they just did not exist. These anomalies need to be removed from the gene pool, and either through genetic deficiency or divine providence that is exactly what's happening. Pardon me if I don't seem to broken up about it.
I'd also argue that our ability to "win out" over our baser instincts is the most necessary commodity for surviving ourselves at this level of technological and cultural evolution, because they've been cause of every **** decision made, ever. Every time someone has allowed a non-life-threatening issue to cause the loss of their own life or someone elses, they've become a victim to their baser instincts. Suicide follows suit; it's not just the rationalization of death as a solution that's the problem, it's the inability to stop yourself from treating your emotions (which are influenced by your fight of flight instincts) as if they're actually coming from a fight or flight situation. Like you've said many times, we're too far ahead of our natural evolution. Every aspect of our life is made interesting, only through the survival instincts that make it relatable to the more animal-lifestyle our brain's are designed to operate in.
So, when you **** with someone's religion or lifestyle or anything that they've invested alot of time and care in, you'll get a reaction that would make you think you were threatening their life. It's because their survival instincts are the sole influence for those things, and via a critical flaw in logic, they treat it as if their survival really does depend on it.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make (with all of the above considered,) is that rationalizing your own "fight or flight" instincts is a contributer to suicide cases, yes, but it's the deviation that needs to be weeded out; the ability to rationalize, itself, needs to stay.

Edit: Another problem that ****s with our ability to think rationally is the fact that rational thinking, in itself, threatens major beliefs like religion (ones that people equate with their survival.) Therefor, truly rational thinking triggers fear and usually causes a strong emotional response that drugs the mind to a point where it cannot think rationally. It's the single worst flaw of the Human mind, if you ask me, as it's socially acceptable and evasive to natural selection. Most people go their entire lives' without confronting their own biggest problems, and most even take pride in some of them.

Edit: More related, natural selection barely exists anymore. Physically, we're nearly all capable of surviving now, and that was always the forefront of natural selection. Now, it's more dependent on emotional control, organization of the mind, and pure processing power. Those things are largely influenced by upbringing; genetics have to do with it too, but who knows where to draw that line. Pretty much any physical or mental cripple is safe within the bounds of our civilization these days. Suicide cases, if you ask me, are more of an upbringing thing. They just got the wrong mixture in their emotional response to something, and death just so happened to outweigh life for them, probably up until they actually realized they were dying. Like I said before, a strong emotional response leads to the drugging of the conscious mind, and when you're thinking half animal/half human, you're going to make strange choices. Sucks, but what can you do?

6satan6archist6
11-21-2008, 05:47 PM
What a dumb ass. Good riddance.

AnAlbinoAligator
11-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Looks like he was a dumbass.
Really? Thats all you say after a man kills himself with a daughter i mean yeah he is but really that's something you say like a year later...
This is serious **** and people like this should really call the suicide hot line before anything....

Logos
11-22-2008, 03:58 AM
Bodybuilding.com? Unstable people shouldn't do AAS.

Dyndrilliac
11-22-2008, 04:29 AM
Not all fitness buffs use anabolic steroids, and, I doubt he was a fitness buff anyway - the discipline required to stick to a fitness regiment is not usually consistent with drug overdoses and suicides, unless there is some underlying psychological condition (obviously, this is probably the case though anyway).

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
11-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Really? Thats all you say after a man kills himself with a daughter i mean yeah he is but really that's something you say like a year later...
This is serious **** and people like this should really call the suicide hot line before anything....Him having a daughter only strengthens my comment. And no its not something you say a year later. I'm not going to feel bad for a selfish dumbass. If hes going to waste his life and waste what effort people have put into him, theres no grieving process for that guy, not for him. He just spat in everyones face. **** that ****.

Cantinflas
11-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I think suicide is a selfish thing to do for anyone

:werd:

Zhuinden
11-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Damn, this is just about the same case as the kid who got "cyber-bullied" as in he told all his secrets to a random slut, then he got everything back and was laughed at and they told him on AIM that he should go hang himself, and he did. And there was a huge topic/debate about how sad it is that he was bullied to death and he suffered so much that he was forced by those other kids to commit suicide.

However, it seems to me that too many people feel sympathy for those who don't deserve it. I've seen news like when the 4-year old kid was sucked into something in a swimming pool and her intestines were sucked out. That's sad. This is not. The guy was under the effect of weed, and some other people told him to kill himself. And so he did.

Which, in my opinion, is the same as if someone told me to jump into a well. Would I do it? No, because I have common sense. Even if I were sad, I am actually able to carry on and go forward even if I'm in a ****ty mood. This is why I don't feel sympathy for this guy either. He was too weak, and he was easily manipulatable because of his weakness. Therefore, he deserved his death that he caused on his own.

By the way, you must be pretty damn much of an idiot if you smoke weed and go kill yourself just because you're told to do so, when you have a 2 year old daughter on the other side of the room. Seriously, if he had had just a slight bit of responsibility, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

In my opinion, if people can be influenced to kill themselves when they are in such mood, then they don't value their lives enough, which is rather sad. A bad way to look at your life. I say that you should want to see the "end of the movie". But, if you're too weak, you'll end up like this guy.

That's all!

lpxxfaintxx
11-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Damn, this is just about the same case as the kid who got "cyber-bullied" as in he told all his secrets to a random slut, then he got everything back and was laughed at and they told him on AIM that he should go hang himself, and he did. And there was a huge topic/debate about how sad it is that he was bullied to death and he suffered so much that he was forced by those other kids to commit suicide.

However, it seems to me that too many people feel sympathy for those who don't deserve it. I've seen news like when the 4-year old kid was sucked into something in a swimming pool and her intestines were sucked out. That's sad. This is not. The guy was under the effect of weed, and some other people told him to kill himself. And so he did.

Which, in my opinion, is the same as if someone told me to jump into a well. Would I do it? No, because I have common sense. Even if I were sad, I am actually able to carry on and go forward even if I'm in a ****ty mood. This is why I don't feel sympathy for this guy either. He was too weak, and he was easily manipulatable because of his weakness. Therefore, he deserved his death that he caused on his own.

By the way, you must be pretty damn much of an idiot if you smoke weed and go kill yourself just because you're told to do so, when you have a 2 year old daughter on the other side of the room. Seriously, if he had had just a slight bit of responsibility, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

In my opinion, if people can be influenced to kill themselves when they are in such mood, then they don't value their lives enough, which is rather sad. A bad way to look at your life. I say that you should want to see the "end of the movie". But, if you're too weak, you'll end up like this guy.

That's all!

That's bullsh*t, you can't bring weed into the argument. Weed doesn't make you want to hang yourself. This person obviously had some psychological problems.

nova587
11-22-2008, 02:15 PM
That's bullsh*t, you can't bring weed into the argument. Weed doesn't make you want to hang yourself. This person obviously had some psychological problems.

He never said weed was the reason, he was saying the opposite.

Kenshyn
11-23-2008, 12:18 PM
The only thing left up is his MySpace..
I want to see the video, at least.

zonemikel
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
I saw this on the news (spanish news). It models directly after that movie, the name escapes me. It was the movie where the guy would make some sort of contraption so the amount of hits to a website watching the person die would make that person die faster. Really he did nothing, if the people would have not looked at the site the person would not have died.

Everybody just wants to be loved, acknowledged; for some reason people have a hard time expressing that in person.

He was a waste of potential, and might spawn other copy cats.

Dyndrilliac
11-23-2008, 06:56 PM
If tons of people see his example and say to themselves "OMG NOW I WANT TO KILL MYSELF PUBLICLY FOR ATTENTION BECAUSE IM A DUMB ATTENTION WHORE!!!1111oneONE", than they deserve to die.

I find myself completely without sympathy for the weak-minded conformists, the attention whores that think they have it so rough when in fact compared to citizens of some third-world countries they live like royalty, or in some cases, better than royalty. People need some perspective.

DeathTheKid
11-24-2008, 04:53 AM
Wow tragic, personally I know it's sick but I would probably have watched too but called sooner than 8 hours <.<. By the way all your links are dead.

KenshinHimura
11-24-2008, 06:23 AM
This is a problem that needs to be solved at the root. He clearly killed himself cuz he was mad he couldn't get da bitches.

Solution? Need more sluts.

But srsly, its sad to see a human life lost, regardless of the reason. He just had nothing better to do, or motivation to keep going. If people encouraging him on a webcam influenced him to do such a thing and that he would not have done so anyways, the guy was retarded. Yet, if he only wanted to commit suicide, there was no reason for him to do this on webcam, other than for other people's entertainment. Either way, I don't see how we should start prosecuting people's remarks, offline or online, that are taken seriously. The exception to this is when people take action beyond just words. This means just about any action that could be considered a threat or higher.

Redlemon
11-24-2008, 02:17 PM
I would of watched him kill himself, laugh at him because all he wants is attention then probably call everybody i know just to tell them. I mean what kind of sick minded does this to themselves or even thinks about doing it to themselves. There's a lot of idiots these days...

RvB]Caboose
11-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Hmmm... I heard about this on the early show down here in Eastern Washington just before going to school... Thats really sad man.

6satan6archist6
11-24-2008, 11:42 PM
So I get an infraction for what I said but other people can post **** like:
"The only thing left up is his MySpace..
I want to see the video, at least."
and they dont get an infraction? What the **** is that about?

Redlemon
11-25-2008, 04:02 AM
So I get an infraction for what I said but other people can post **** like:
"The only thing left up is his MySpace..
I want to see the video, at least."
and they dont get an infraction? What the **** is that about?

I know what you mean...:stare:
__________________________________________________ _______________
Anyways, It's his life, so should he not do what ever he wants with it? Even if it's stupid?