PDA

View Full Version : Cracked game in list

Totte_ch
10-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Hey

I often find cracked games on battle.net in that list with all the names of games. It seems to be advertising for different channels. When I tries to join one game like that, starcraft says I am unable to join. The creator seems to have a spoofed name, the map has a special image-icon and the time when the game was created always is current (when the list was latest updated).

Does anyone knows what this is and/or how to do it?
I have attached an image as example below (don't know what happend to the image; it was there before i posted it...):

Sinz
10-30-2008, 11:19 AM
no Image and I think that's just a bot refreshing the game so it stays at current create time

ViperSRT3g
10-30-2008, 12:59 PM
It's a specially made game with no one inside. :/

Totte_ch
11-02-2008, 09:20 AM
I found the (one?) program that allows you to create a fake game on Battle.net. The name of the program is EUB Game List Spammer. The program logs in with a account, spoofs the name of the user and refreshes the game (if this is activated) instantly. You can also set the type of the game (TvB, UMS etc.), the speed of the game (fastest, normal, slowest...), the icon behind the map (ladder, blizzard etc.) and of course the name of the game.
When someone tries to join the game, the program sends back bytes that tells the user that the game is unable to join.

Kenshyn
11-02-2008, 02:27 PM
So, this is really to just promote a channel, to try and get people to join it?

han_han
11-02-2008, 02:53 PM
My guess is that it's for channel advertising purposes only, although someone could definitely be a dick about it and just flood the entire list with it.

Sinz
11-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Like I said a bot that hosts the game for you.