PDA

View Full Version : downpatching brood war

iHackBroodWar
10-03-2008, 08:06 PM
hey i just found out that on some, if not all, unofficial no-cd-key battle.net gateways let you use old patch versions. i have experimented with it, and you can play a game with users using different patch versions.

i have also discovered that on LAN games, and probably on unofficial b.net gateways as well, allow inter-patch games.

i used my brood war 1.15.3, and another computer's 1.15.2, then i turned on map hack for .3 (ZMH104) and had the other computer turn on .2's map hack (ZMH103), and both hacks worked and the game ran fine.

so, i have an idea to use old patch versions to use patched-out glitches to my advantage, against other LAN users who are using new patches, but the problem is the software won't downgrade the current patch, so if someone can crack it or find a way to downpatch, it would be awesome, thx

SC_Modder
10-03-2008, 08:41 PM
This won't really work. You'll desync because the end result of the patched code (IE: regular minerals or ignored exploit commands) won't match the end result of the bugged code (successful exploit).

YourMother
10-03-2008, 09:36 PM
where/how you found this bnet gateways? And what IP addresses they have, if I may ask?

ViperSRT3g
10-04-2008, 01:54 AM
hey i just found out that on some, if not all, unofficial no-cd-key battle.net gateways let you use old patch versions. i have experimented with it, and you can play a game with users using different patch versions.

i have also discovered that on LAN games, and probably on unofficial b.net gateways as well, allow inter-patch games.

i used my brood war 1.15.3, and another computer's 1.15.2, then i turned on map hack for .3 (ZMH104) and had the other computer turn on .2's map hack (ZMH103), and both hacks worked and the game ran fine.

so, i have an idea to use old patch versions to use patched-out glitches to my advantage, against other LAN users who are using new patches, but the problem is the software won't downgrade the current patch, so if someone can crack it or find a way to downpatch, it would be awesome, thx

I'd use the 0x0C crash on you XD

-187-
10-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Umm, if you're try to downgrade starcraft/brood war, all you would have to do is reinstall the game, then patch to the desired patch. Or you can google 7x Patcher for starcraft. The problem is that it doesn't have v1.15.0 and up.