PDA

View Full Version : Nero 9 Released

09-29-2008, 07:58 PM
http://www.nero.com/img/screenshot1-nero9-big.png

Nero 9 is the next generation of the world’s most trusted integrated digital media and home entertainment software suite. It features new cutting-edge functionality that makes enjoying digital media content simple.

This easy-to-use yet powerful multimedia suite, gives you the freedom to create, rip, copy, burn, edit, share, and upload online. Whatever you want – music, video, photo, and data – enjoy and share with family and friends anytime, anywhere.

With easy-to-use Nero StartSmart command center, your digital life has never been more flexible, feasible, and fun.
Nero 9 Highlights:

* Fast and easy rip, burn, Autobackup, and copy functions
* Backup files to CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray Discs*
* Create professional-looking DVD movies with integrated 3D menus
* Copy, burn, share, upload, and create music mixes like a DJ
* Convert music, photos, and DVDs to play on your iPod® and other mobile devices
* Quick photo and video upload to My Nero, YouTube™, and MySpace
* Watch, record, pause, and customize your live TV experience
* Play AVCHD and other HD formats

Download here:Nero - Trial Version (http://www.nero.com/ena/downloads-nero9-trial.php)

Wocka
09-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Is It any Good, Or worth Buying?

Irene
09-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Nero9 is , in a way, copying roxio's user interface and in fact is still not as good.

Roxio is the best software when it comes to idiot proof. For example, it will ask if you wish to create a music CD after you've selected audio tracks. Many people who arn't PC literate will not be able to tell the difference between CD data and CD audio. It's one of the things which Nero has failed to provide in 7 and 8 - they expect the users to know everything and select everything by themselves. For intermediate users, roxio allows you to customize your needs, while Nero's option and settings are a bit more rocket science.

In a CD burning market, Nero has not satisfy the needs of the older generation. Grandpas who wish to create a video CD of their grandson. They wanted to create a video CD, but they created a data CD wrongly. Roxio's step by step user interface eliminates those problems. When I saw Nero9's screenshot, I could easily tell that they are copying what Roxio is doing.

I've tried Roxio once, and I like it. It's fast, easy, and not as complicated as Nero. Although I generally prefer Nero as a habit, I would recommand Roxio to others.

MiCrOz
09-30-2008, 04:38 AM
Is It any Good, Or worth Buying?
People buy Nero? :confused:

JLTucker
09-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Nero is bloatware. Avoid it.

Edit: I could be wrong when I say this (there could be other burning programs that are far worse when it comes to memory usage), but Nero is the Norton of burning software.

MiCrOz
09-30-2008, 07:16 AM
I usually use Nero Lite. Quick & efficient for me.

han_han
09-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Nero is bloatware. Avoid it.

Edit: I could be wrong when I say this (there could be other burning programs that are far worse when it comes to memory usage), but Nero is the Norton of burning software.
What do you recommend for burning programs then?

I use Nero Lite as well, works like a charm.

JLTucker
09-30-2008, 12:38 PM
What do you recommend for burning programs then?

I use Nero Lite as well, works like a charm.
I only burn music cds. For that I use Burrrn. For everything else, I just back them up on hard drives.

CrazyGerbilEater
09-30-2008, 01:53 PM
i thought nero 8 was decent, im thinking of loading 9

FlamingAsterix
09-30-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm a big fan of Nero 8 Micro.

DSG
09-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Nero has been bloatware ever since Nero 7. It continues to get worse too. I wouldn't recommend it. Also, Roxio Easy CD Creator is probably the only thing worse. I recommend using NTI CD & DVD Maker or freeware of some sort.

punture
10-03-2008, 12:30 AM
For intermediate users, roxio allows you to customize your needs, while Nero's option and settings are a bit more rocket science.

That's why I like it.. I can customize it better.