PDA

View Full Version : Cigars

howardmeis
09-29-2008, 07:20 PM
So I recently turned 18 (no happy bday thread you ass holes thanks a lot), and now I smoke cigars about once or twice a week with my friends, wondering if anyone else smokes or has some suggestions.
At the moment I'm only smoking Havana Honeys, just a cheap 10 pack of the black berry flavor or something, I have 2 large ones that a friend and I are smoking at a large party coming up which are Irish Cream flavored (his idea not mine).
So any suggestion as to brand or flavors?
I want some cherry ones since cherry kicks ass on cigars, but my friend says chocolate would be good....

JLTucker
09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
I bet you do it because you think it looks cool, right?

JeweyK
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Dutch Masters

But not really.
Vanilla Black 'N Milds.

ViperSRT3g
09-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Dutch Masters

But not really.
Vanilla Black 'N Milds.

I like the smell of those even though I don't smoke :x

6satan6archist6
09-29-2008, 07:28 PM
So I recently turned 18 (no happy bday thread you ass holes thanks a lot), and now I smoke cigars about once or twice a week with my friends, wondering if anyone else smokes or has some suggestions.
At the moment I'm only smoking Havana Honeys, just a cheap 10 pack of the black berry flavor or something, I have 2 large ones that a friend and I are smoking at a large party coming up which are Irish Cream flavored (his idea not mine).
I want some cherry ones since cherry kicks ass on cigars, but my friend says chocolate would be good....

Im not much for cigars, but when I do smoke them I find the Backwoods handrolled cigars to be a good choice. They are decently priced and are a smooth smoke. I prefer the rum kind along with a glass of Sailor Jerry's on the rocks.

XxMolag BalxX
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
smoking is retarded and a waste of money just like you howard.

Wocka
09-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Black and mild have a cherry cigar, there pretty good smoke alot better then swishers

Sinz
09-29-2008, 07:51 PM
backwoods
Backwoods - Cigar.com (http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=20) :)

Deg™
09-29-2008, 07:58 PM
I have yet to find a Cigar that matches the quality of a genuine Acid.

I don't know what specific flavors you're into, but i suggest the Wafes, Blondies, Kuba Kubas, and my personal favorite (and the best cigar i've EVER had - including cubans), the Roam. (Technically, they ARE cubans, but they're made in Nicaragua)

LCS
09-29-2008, 08:23 PM
I like Romeo y Julieta Cuban Cigars for quality and my cheap cigar I go with white owl or swisher - an sometimes philly... I don't smoke cigars often though, only on occasion.

Deg™
09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Forgot to mention the Acid 1400CC or the Kahlua Cigar, both fantastic.

el-camino-ss
09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Prime times because im cheap lol

Belphegor
09-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Try a Garcia in Vega Crystal. Its about a 2.00$ cigar, sealed in a glass tube. Best one Ive had within reasonable price, if you'd like I can recommend cigars up until the 20-40$ price range as well. I don't smoke ciggs, only cigars now(probation cancels out the preferred blunts).

BlaZeR
09-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Happy belated birthday man.

Gore
09-29-2008, 11:56 PM
I smoke swisher grapes if I feel like a flavored cigar, black 'n mild's if I just feel like smoking a cigar.
I typically just smoke cigarettes, easier to come by, but if the opportunity arises: I'm all for a cigar.

Happy belated birthday, by the way.

Belphegor
09-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Broke ass bitch.

Black n milds ftw.

SilentSymphony
09-30-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm personally fond of these (http://www.altadisusa.com/cigar/onyxreserve.asp)

Belphegor
09-30-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm personally fond of these (http://www.altadisusa.com/cigar/onyxreserve.asp)Also a good choice.

and btw kyal, we dont need cigar suggestions for bluntz(swisher sweets lulz), we all know howard isnt a pot head.

ScAreCroW
09-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Prime times because im cheap lol

Peach Prime times ftmfw

howardmeis
09-30-2008, 03:54 AM
Actually tucker (and anyone else), smoking cigars is FAAAAAAAR different then smoking cigarettes. Cigars are smoked for the flavor and are normally smoked by esteemed and upper class people. Cigarettes, not so much.

Thanks for all the advise, I'm gonna check out those Garcia ones in the glass container since that sounds pretty nifty. My friend who's an uber pot head says I should try swishers and give him the left overs so he can cut out the tobacco, and he said to do the same with white rhinos. But I think I'd prefer to just pay a bit more.

Also, what's the difference in flavor between an acid cigar and a regular cigar?

MiCrOz
09-30-2008, 07:02 AM
Swisher sweets is what I used to smoke when I turned 18. Now I smoke dutches and games, occasionally white owls, with some weedicus of course.

JLTucker
09-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Would someone who smokes please give me a logical reason why you do so? Because I can't seem to find one.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
09-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Why the **** do you get **** faced? It feels good. I guess it would be a bit difficult for you to smoke, you only got 1 hand to work with.

JLTucker
09-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah. It sure is logical to damage your body for the sake of "feeling good". Next "logical" argument, please.

MiCrOz
09-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Because drinking isn't damaging?
Or ever eating unhealthy foods?
Or sun tanning?

And wait, one hand?

JLTucker
09-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Or sun tanning?
No one ever said these weren't damaging to one's health. How does this rebut my argument that it is illogical to damage your body for the sake of "feeling" good?

And wait, one hand?
KC is just trying to be clever by turning my congenital disorder into a criticism. He's failing miserably.

han_han
09-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Or sun tanning?

And wait, one hand?
All those things are still unhealthy, IMO. Why people do it? All for different reasons but mainly because it feels good =P

ScAreCroW
09-30-2008, 07:39 AM
People smoke for the same reason people **** with condoms on, or drink, or go sky diving, or go white water rafting, or drive fast, or skateboard, or anything else that's fun.

There are risks in life, you're going to be damaged. Stfu and live your life whichever way makes you happiest.

You ****in' pissed me off tucker, god damn.

(I know this isn't the flame board by the way)

Megaz
09-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Would someone who smokes please give me a logical reason why you do so? Because I can't seem to find one.
Who wants to live forever anyways.

Deg™
09-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Acid is a brand of cigars that is made from cuban tobacco, and are basically just amazing. My favorites, the Wafes and the Roam, are VERY creamy tasting cigars.

YourMother
09-30-2008, 09:43 AM
my recommendation: Cohiba. The best cigar of the world ... but not available in the US, because it's from Cuba :p
poor boys

http://pictures.deadlycomputer.com/d/10927-1/Fidel+Castro1.jpg

Xthar
09-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Peach Prime times ftmfw
Amen to that brotha

howardmeis
09-30-2008, 12:40 PM

You realize breathing and drinking water are just as deadly right? Eventually the water you drink will wear down the lining of your bladder//veins, and eventually the oxygen you breath wears down your lungs, effectively killing you, quite possibly as fast as tobacco does.

I'll check out an acid cigar sometime, I've got a party I'm going to and I'll be smoking a bit to relax while I drink up.

han_han
09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
You realize breathing and drinking water are just as deadly right? Eventually the water you drink will wear down the lining of your bladder//veins, and eventually the oxygen you breath wears down your lungs, effectively killing you, quite possibly as fast as tobacco does.

I'll check out an acid cigar sometime, I've got a party I'm going to and I'll be smoking a bit to relax while I drink up.

You gotta admit you're stretching the rubber on that one. Drinking water doesn't kill you nearly as fast as smoking tobacco does.

I guess my assertion is...lack of water can kill you, but lack of tobacco can't.

Gore
09-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Why not smoke?
It's the only life you have, might as well try new things.
If you enjoy smoking, ****, go to it then.
If you don't: Good for you. It's not hurting you, **** off, don't criticize my choices.

NoobOnFire
09-30-2008, 01:03 PM

Oh ok, I'll stop doing both immediately! :p

han_han
09-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Oh ok, I'll stop doing both immediately! :p
By all means, go ahead. While you're at it, lock yourself in a bathroom and mix bleach with ammonia.

NoobOnFire
09-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Will do! Not like it'll kill me or anything, right?

el-camino-ss
09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Will do! Not like it'll kill me or anything, right?

Correct

Bonum83
10-01-2008, 06:30 AM

i hope ur not serious? cigars? plz tell me u dont inhale that? ur better off inhaling cigarettes. plz tell us ur joking? i know u said u just turned 18, but thats not an excuse to smoke that? ask any adult, and im sure they would advise u that is one wrong thing to do.

Deg™
10-01-2008, 06:34 AM
i hope ur not serious? cigars? plz tell me u dont inhale that? ur better off inhaling cigarettes. plz tell us ur joking? i know u said u just turned 18, but thats not an excuse to smoke that? ask any adult, and im sure they would advise u that is one wrong thing to do.
You have got to be ****ing retarded, you don't inhale cigars.

Bonum83
10-01-2008, 06:44 AM
You have got to be ****ing retarded, you don't inhale cigars.

no ****, im asking him that. Read what i posted.

Belphegor
10-01-2008, 06:48 AM
You have got to be ****ing retarded, you don't inhale cigars.I do. Im boss though, hardly ever in public do I not have one in my mouth...:big_smile:

NickF
10-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Al Capone's Cognac Sweets.

Deg™
10-01-2008, 08:47 AM
no ****, im asking him that. Read what i posted.

Why the **** would you even have to ask? Anyone who doesn't drool on themselves knows that cigars are not meant for inhalation.

Avalon[FR]
10-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Phillies Strawberry blunts are the personal favorites here.

However, you might want to look into Hookahs. Those suckers are damn good. If you don't know what a Hookah is, it's basically a water pipe in which you smoke water tobacco (if you want to keep it legal). Usually the **** is flavored, like i do spear mint. A few good things about Hookahs are that the smoke is really light, and smooth. As opposed to cigars where the smoke is relatively thick. Also, the smell is rather nice. I love smoking and i have since i was 11years old, but i hate the smell of say my appartment when i smoke cigs inside. So yeah..

el-camino-ss
10-01-2008, 11:34 AM
;637955']Phillies Strawberry blunts are the personal favorites here.

However, you might want to look into Hookahs. Those suckers are damn good. If you don't know what a Hookah is, it's basically a water pipe in which you smoke water tobacco (if you want to keep it legal). Usually the **** is flavored, like i do spear mint. A few good things about Hookahs are that the smoke is really light, and smooth. As opposed to cigars where the smoke is relatively thick. Also, the smell is rather nice. I love smoking and i have since i was 11years old, but i hate the smell of say my appartment when i smoke cigs inside. So yeah..

You don't smoke hookah, you smoke out of a hookah, the flavored tobacco is called Shisha.

I hate it when people say lets smoke hookah lol

ScAreCroW
10-01-2008, 11:39 AM
I'd also like to point out that a hookah is easily beat by a glass bong full of ice cubes. Doesn't matter what you're smokin', that ****'s smooth

Belphegor
10-01-2008, 11:52 AM
I prefer my glass hooka with ice water, but sure scarecrow...

And did I mention the triple chamber water sherlock?

el-camino-ss
10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Yea I usually put ice in the hooka

Deg™
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Yea I usually put ice in the hooka

Try your favorite alcoholic beverage, it makes hookah 100x better ;D

Has to be room temp though, or it won't do much.

(just a warning, don't go over 40% alcohol, use water also.)

Avalon[FR]
10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
You don't smoke hookah, you smoke out of a hookah, the flavored tobacco is called Shisha.

I hate it when people say lets smoke hookah lol

Actually, in my country it's perfectly acceptable to say that. So, GTFO.

And to el-camino-ss: holy balls man, it makes the smoke so thick, i cant stand it.

to Degausser: Yeah throw some vodka in there and it's excellent!

howardmeis
10-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Inhaling a cigar for the most part will give you a HUGE head ache for the rest of your evening usually.

I've been meaning to check out a hooka, but for the most part everyone I know who smokes out of them smokes weed out of them and that's not really my style....

NickF
10-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Inhaling a cigar for the most part will give you a HUGE head ache for the rest of your evening usually.

I've been meaning to check out a hooka, but for the most part everyone I know who smokes out of them smokes weed out of them and that's not really my style....

Not if you smoke often, its the rush of Nicotine thats giving you the headache. Trust me if you smoke enough you wont even be affected by it.
But yeah.
If we are talking something quick with no queer flavors, go Al Capones. If you want flavors, get Swishers, they have alot of flavors.
IF we are talking something longer, go with Black N Milds. Apple is tyhe best
If we are talking full out cigars, Romeo and Julietas are mad good.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Lol the first time I had a cigar I didnt know what I was doing so I was just inhaling the **** away (after having several cigarettes) and I felt so terrible for the rest of the night, I had shivers, diarrhea, and just a general terrible feeling all over. ****ing sucked.

MiCrOz
10-02-2008, 02:10 AM
Yep, when smoking a cigar, I usually only actually inhale a small part of the puff, and only every few puffs. Usually gives you a nice buzz, without the sick. Also depends on the cigar, obviously.

disco
10-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Dutches, but let's face it, I'm not using the tobacco. :wink:

howardmeis
10-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Not if you smoke often, its the rush of Nicotine thats giving you the headache. Trust me if you smoke enough you wont even be affected by it.

I'm traditional with my cigar smoking and only do it occasionally to keep it a nice treat to myself upon occasion. Usually just for surviving the week :D

Belphegor
10-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Dutches, but let's face it, I'm not using the tobacco. :wink:ftw

You unwrap your leaves for rolls? Also, I like to break it at the seal, and pick off that little 1/8" strip. Gives a better tuck imo.

c0ke
10-03-2008, 12:01 PM
White owl white grape all the way.

I recently quit smoking cigarettes too btw (31 days ago or some ****). So bye bye white owls...not.

Dutches suck by the way. Too loose and sloppy. Try using a dutch with an eigth. WO > all

Belphegor
10-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Ive rolled quarters in dutches white own is the best for perfection though, no doubt, and speed. If you need some dutch tips, I can video one, and show ya how its not sloppy.

Raistlin
10-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I recently quit smoking cigarettes

gg gj

disco
10-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Ive rolled quarters in dutches white own is the best for perfection though, no doubt, and speed. If you need some dutch tips, I can video one, and show ya how its not sloppy.

I'm not too bad with dutches, I'm just terrible with anything that's dry. **** rips apart right when I'm tightening it and going to lick. I guess a vid would be nice, but I think any more posts like this would be better for http://www.bwhacks.com/forums/w-w-f-b-d/16994-rolling-101-tips-tricks.html

Belphegor
10-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Ive rolled blunts that fell apart on touching them. I can make anything work... roffles