PDA

View Full Version : why is zerg mineral hack not patched like terran mineral hack?

hellboy[bb]
09-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi

well the question is in the title above
i hope some1 can tell me why

ViperSRT3g
09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Blizzard sucks.

hellboy[bb]
09-23-2008, 10:51 AM
ya and if they suck they prob would patch zerg mineral hack like they did before and they do it all over again but somehow zynastor get it back:P

ViperSRT3g
09-23-2008, 10:52 AM
It simply wasn't patched... That's how Zynastor got it back... -.-

hellboy[bb]
09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
but if it's patched there is no way to get it back for exemple creat my own prite terran mineral hack?

hellboy[bb]
09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
;635291']but if it's patched there is no way to get it back for exemple create my own private terran mineral hack?

ViperSRT3g
09-23-2008, 11:03 AM
If an exploit got patched, then there is no way of doing it again unless you can find some other exploit.

hellboy[bb]
09-23-2008, 11:08 AM
ok that's a good explaination

MiCrOz
09-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Don't double post to bump your own topic.

As for the ZMH, from what I've heard, it would take way too much recoding on Blizzard's part to ever fix the exploit used for ZMH. With the new games coming out, they probably won't even do much of anything past this patch or maybe one more.

Ranged
09-23-2008, 04:04 PM
At least toss one aint being discussed :D

hypn
09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I wonder if the original Starcraft developers are still around (after all, it is 10 years later) - I'm guessing they either don't know how the zerg mineral hack works (in which case a couple of minutes on this forum, or several others, would tell them) or can't figure out how/where to fix it...

All they really need to do is just validate that what's being mutated is allowed to mutate into what it's trying to? Like how hard can it be to find the "mutate" code and put in some "if"s, or a "switch"? n00bs.

The_Jelly
09-24-2008, 11:46 AM
I wonder if the original Starcraft developers are still around (after all, it is 10 years later) - I'm guessing they either don't know how the zerg mineral hack works (in which case a couple of minutes on this forum, or several others, would tell them) or can't figure out how/where to fix it...

All they really need to do is just validate that what's being mutated is allowed to mutate into what it's trying to? Like how hard can it be to find the "mutate" code and put in some "if"s, or a "switch"? n00bs.
I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure about this, but I think they could just download the hack like we do and reverse it to find out how it works and go from there.

hypn
09-24-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure about this, but I think they could just download the hack like we do and reverse it to find out how it works and go from there.

Well the hack basically issues the "mutate" command, with an invalid target (if I'm correct?) - which is about as much as they could work out by reversing it, because the compiled code (the game .exe) and their source code are completely different. Like I said in my previous post, they'd need to go to their "mutate" code and put in some checking...

nano351
09-27-2008, 11:54 AM
they have a function that handles all gameactions. All they need to do is filter it when someone tries to cancel an egg's queue in their gameaction handling switch so that the command is ignored. I used similar logic when making my ZMH autodrop.

6satan6archist6
09-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Someone should make a min hack for toss

hellboy[bb]
09-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Someone should make a min hack for toss

i doubt that m8 or it will be an private hack