PDA

View Full Version : Wont let me download the new patch

kolkim
09-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi, i havent been on starcraft in a while, so when i tried to go on i expected the new update but when i tried it says "update successful, you must now restart your application" then the screen goes black for a minute or two. first time i thought my computer froze but then after a long time, it comes back and it says "STORM_ERROR_REQUIRES_UPGRADE". does anyone know what it means? and how to fix it? cause i cant even update

CrazyGerbilEater
09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
reinstall from cd, and omg wtf U R USING Llafnwod's COPYRIGHTED AVATAR!!!!!!!

ok...maybe its not copyrighted....but its still his, no same avatars, its gay.

kolkim
09-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Llafnwod? Same avatar? i always use this avatar but ill change it if u guys want

Ok changed it, im about to try manually updating the patch thing first but if all else fails, ill reinstall.

Ok i just manually did it and it took like half a second. sorry to bother you, i could've just used my brain and did that in the first place :P

shoyu
01-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi, i havent been on starcraft in a while, so when i tried to go on i expected the new update but when i tried it says "update successful, you must now restart your application" then the screen goes black for a minute or two. first time i thought my computer froze but then after a long time, it comes back and it says "STORM_ERROR_REQUIRES_UPGRADE". does anyone know what it means? and how to fix it? cause i cant even update

Try to run BNUpdate.exe (in Starcraft folder)
It worked here.
GG :awesome:

Sinz
01-22-2009, 01:20 AM
or you could read the post before you and see this was resolved 3 months prior