PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft Without Cd/Cant Find .EXE

ProtoType_
09-12-2008, 05:11 PM
hey whats up guys...well im tryin to play starcraft with cd and i googled it and it said i need to get the install.exe and rename it starcraft.mpq*(or w.e) sumthn like that and then i had to put it in my starcraft folder...but there is ONE problem...I CANT FIND MY INSTALL.EXE ...starcraft is already installed on my computer btw...so i was wonderin if yall knew how i can locate my install.exe...

-Thankz

Tensaei
09-12-2008, 07:58 PM
It's on your CD.

ProtoType_
09-12-2008, 09:05 PM
ok ok thnx but when i copy it to my program files>starcraft folder a error comes up saying

CANNOT copy INSTALL: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Please Help

snazzy-razzy
09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Make sure you have administrative properties.

Explore the CD
Copy INSTALL.EXE to programfiles/starcraft
Rename it BroodWar.mpg or StarCraft.mpg depending on your game.

I don't know why it won't let you copy it, someone could probably email it to you or something.

soghetto
09-13-2008, 03:07 PM
ok ok thnx but when i copy it to my program files>starcraft folder a error comes up saying

CANNOT copy INSTALL: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Please Help

that error means your CD is so scratched its un readable or your cd rom is jacked up and cant read teh CD...

cyclic redundancy - its trying to read the same part over and over but cant

ProtoType_
09-14-2008, 10:51 AM
ok thnx guys... and i guess ur right its scratchd... it isnt the original one its a copy of broodwar.... soo ill get the original and do it and ****...but if sum1 can email me there i wud apperciate it much

SilentSymphony
09-14-2008, 10:57 AM
This http://www.creepcolony.com/scloader2b_wmode.zip will allow you to play without the cd, read the scloader2b.txt on how to use, it is really simple.

gl on finding the install exe somewhere.