PDA

View Full Version : UN Bans Criticism of Islam

Calaspawn
08-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Exclusive: Incredulous UN Bans Criticism of Islam | EuropeNews (http://europenews.dk/en/node/13092)

JIq7tsVvEoY

AnAlbinoAligator
08-31-2008, 07:41 AM
UN=Useless?

gamepin126
08-31-2008, 07:52 AM
He has a pleasant vocabulary.

I'm gonna go check out the feedback page after watching this.

JeweyK
08-31-2008, 08:02 AM
What kind of accent does this fellow have? Sure doesn't sound American to me.

gamepin126
08-31-2008, 08:08 AM
Your powers of observation are clearly without compare. I'm surprised you picked that up just from his ascent, and not from his website, or what he actually said.

He's from London.

llafnwod
08-31-2008, 08:13 AM
While a large proportion of the people I'm going to be agreeing with are ****ing idiots, I do find it rather disturbing that the UN goes out of its way to enforce totalitarianism so long as it is under the shield of religious establishment, rather than simply act in complicity.

Indefinite
08-31-2008, 09:55 AM
So wait, now I can criticize every religion except Islam? Now give me a reason not to.
It's not like they deserve any special treatment compared to other religions and/or ethnic groups. Nor does any other religion.

Today I'm forbidden to criticize Islam, tomorrow - any form of radical behavior. In a week, I'll be forbidden to even express my opinion.

llafnwod
08-31-2008, 11:48 AM
So wait, now I can criticize every religion except Islam? Now give me a reason not to.
It's not like they deserve any special treatment compared to other religions and/or ethnic groups. Nor does any other religion.

Today I'm forbidden to criticize Islam, tomorrow - any form of radical behavior. In a week, I'll be forbidden to even express my opinion.
Refrain from posting until you've actually read the article.

AnAlbinoAligator
08-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Refrain from posting until you've actually read the article.
:lol:

CrazyGerbilEater
08-31-2008, 05:19 PM
U.N. == most fail ever.

the green party here has more sway than them, and gets more done. i dream of a day when the u.n. is dissolved, and something less worthless comes up, even nato's more useful.

like anyone listens to the un anyway, lol

NickF
08-31-2008, 10:20 PM
I really like that guy. He just tells it how it is and tells the ignorant *******s to stfu.

unimailer1972
09-02-2008, 01:21 PM
That's just ****ing great. So behavior like this is now condoned by the UN...

Israr Ullah Zehri, who represents Baluchistan province, told a stunned parliament that northwestern tribesman had done nothing wrong in first shooting the women and then dumping them in a ditch.

“These are centuries-old traditions, and I will continue to defend them,” he said.

“Only those who indulge in immoral acts should be afraid.”

The women, three of whom were teenagers and whose “crime” was that they wished to choose who to marry, were still breathing as mud and stones were shovelled over their bodies, according to Human Rights Watch.

The three girls, thought to be aged between 16 and 18, were kidnapped by a group of men from their Umrani tribe and murdered in Baba Kot, a remote village in Jafferabad district.

According to some reports, Baluchistan government vehicles were used to abduct the girls, and the killing was overseen by a tribal chief who is the brother of a provincial minister from the ruling Pakistan People’s Party.

Here is another interesting article on why Islam is so effective. These are my two favorites.

21. A Muslim is forbidden to make friends with an infidel.
22. The Koran councils the use of deceit when dealing with infidels.

Aberrant
09-02-2008, 02:04 PM
This is why Islam is so effective. They do not give a crap what anyone thinks and will continue to do what they see in their minds is right. Where as the UN just sits around and says "No No, you can't do that or we will sanction you." Then doesn't do a damn thing. They only understand a heavy hand, not negotiations.

llafnwod
09-02-2008, 02:09 PM
This is why Islam is so effective. They do not give a crap what anyone thinks and will continue to do what they see in their minds is right.
Who is 'they', exactly? Why are you referring to a religion in plural tense?

Aberrant
09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
It was a general they referring the the Islamic fundamentalists as a whole.

Intangir
09-02-2008, 04:46 PM
UN sucks
NWO can kiss my ass

llafnwod
09-02-2008, 05:21 PM
It was a general they referring the the Islamic fundamentalists as a whole.
I don't recall seeing the word 'fundamentalists' in the quoted post. Lest you think I'm nitpicking, its exactly these kinds of generalizations, built up over time, that edge societies closer and closer to fascism. This sort of sloppy speech is indicative of sloppy thinking.

By the way, the reason I'm singling you out is that you're the only one whom I'd be disappointed to see jump on the bandwagon with the rest of these ****ing clowns.

Super
09-02-2008, 07:17 PM
I really don't see why everyone's so frightened by the rapid growth of Islam. The main reason for the growth is due to the average size of a Muslim family. It's got less to do with Islam as it has with the concept of a developing nation. Most of the countries that practice Islam at a fundamental level are hardly wealthy, and need a larger working class to advance.

The way I see it, either urbanization will weaken Islam over the next few decades like it did Christianity, or a few of the developing nations will collapse economically (from a shifting oil market) and continue their fundamentalist practice. If it's the latter, some of those terrorist organizations won't have the leverage to pull the **** they do now.

unimailer1972
09-03-2008, 02:37 PM
I really don't see why everyone's so frightened by the rapid growth of Islam. The main reason for the growth is due to the average size of a Muslim family. It's got less to do with Islam as it has with the concept of a developing nation. Most of the countries that practice Islam at a fundamental level are hardly wealthy, and need a larger working class to advance.

I strongly recommend reading the article I posted above, regarding the brilliance of Islam.

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED why millions of Muslim men are dedicated to killing Americans? Or why so many are willing to blow themselves up to kill Israelis? Or why they are so committed to blowing up random people in Bali, London, Madrid, etc.?

Islamic terrorists are doing this all over the world, attacking westerners and their own fellow Muslims alike. Why?

Because of memes.

Now, with that understanding, here's my point: If you were going to deliberately design a combination of memes with the purpose of making a memeplex that could eventually dominate the world — one that would eventually out-compete every other memeplex — you would be hard-pressed to do better than Islam.

By the way, the reason I'm singling you out is that you're the only one whom I'd be disappointed to see jump on the bandwagon with the rest of these ****ing clowns.

Is your anger directed at the UN deciding to ban criticism of Islam or our disagreement with their decision to do so? If it is the latter, then, what is your take on the decision?

While a large proportion of the people I'm going to be agreeing with are ****ing idiots, I do find it rather disturbing that the UN goes out of its way to enforce totalitarianism so long as it is under the shield of religious establishment, rather than simply act in complicity.
I take it from this that you do agree with the general consensus, namely, the decision is questionable at best. And by your own assertion, detrimental to freedom at worst. I, as you do, have come to the realization that the UN is acting much more to the detriment of the US, than in our interests. I had thought that the US had some control over the UN, but more and more it seems that the UN is out to end the sovereignty of all nations as we now know it. I think that is the key for most Americans. We value freedom, but so few are willing to fight for it.

Eppie
09-03-2008, 02:41 PM
UN sucks. Dissolve now.

Super
09-03-2008, 06:20 PM
I strongly recommend reading the article I posted above, regarding the brilliance of Islam.

Do you honestly believe that people will forget their own greed and selfishness just because they're under the influence of a religion? (especially a religion that you suggest accommodates such virtues in the first place) No matter how fool-proof Islam is, it's not enough to deter the common man from buying a ferrari when he has the money to do so. (U.A.E as proof) A simple mind corrupted by religion is just as easily corrupted by something else. All it takes is a manipulative mind to design an urbanized community supported by capatalism and everyone will suddenly start competing with each other for wealth instead of working just to survive.

These memes were thought up over a thousand years ago. A lot has changed since then both politically and socially. People are easily lured by money, and greed will for the most part overcome the virtues that Islam preaches. At that point, what quarrels will any muslim nation have against the West? They'll be the mirror image of that people they hate now except with turbans on their heads.

unimailer1972
09-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Do you honestly believe that people will forget their own greed and selfishness just because they're under the influence of a religion? (especially a religion that you suggest accommodates such virtues in the first place) No matter how fool-proof Islam is, it's not enough to deter the common man from buying a ferrari when he has the money to do so. (U.A.E as proof) A simple mind corrupted by religion is just as easily corrupted by something else. All it takes is a manipulative mind to design an urbanized community supported by capatalism and everyone will suddenly start competing with each other for wealth instead of working just to survive.

These memes were thought up over a thousand years ago. A lot has changed since then both politically and socially. People are easily lured by money, and greed will for the most part overcome the virtues that Islam preaches. At that point, what quarrels will any muslim nation have against the West? They'll be the mirror image of that people they hate now except with turbans on their heads.

A very well thought-out point you have there. I agree. If the materialism of the West can conquer fundamental Islam, then none of us have anything to fear. If however, the collapse of the credit system ever comes to pass, then there is a slim possibility that people will begin to reject the vulgar materialism of the West, and we could see people looking for a different set of values. The point of Islam being, that it is very resilient and resistance to change. It very well could be the answer dis-illusioned people look to. You see it happening in prisons already, although the actual statistics are scarce.

In prison religion is a hotly energizing force, and Islam is spreading swiftly, experts say. Even Muslim leaders and scholars say they have been surprised by the pace of prison conversions, though national research on religion in prison is scarce. In what may be the most dramatic example, one researcher says the majority of inmates are Muslim at New York City’s Rikers Island jail complex, the largest in the country.