PDA

View Full Version : LAN Pcs on battle net?

mastery
08-16-2008, 07:18 AM
How can two Lan computers play on battle net at the same time?

Unless you have arranged for your internet service provider to provide you with a second IP address, chances are your computers are sharing an internet connection, and thus an internet IP address. Neither Diablo, Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition, nor StarCraft support multiple computers with the same internet IP address connecting to the same game on Battle.net. Battle.net is unable to split the game data between the two computers effectively in these cases.

Is there a way around this?

gamepin126
08-16-2008, 07:39 AM
http://www.bwhacks.com/forums/starcraft-broodwar-gaming/25758-how-play-sc-friends-behind-same-router-no-vpn-needed.html

mastery
08-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Are there no easier ways?

gamepin126
08-16-2008, 06:49 PM
no

SaRangHaeYo
08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Use Chaoslauncher's port changer. I set my brother's starcraft to use port 6113 and forwarded 6113 to his ip, in addition to forwarding the default 6112 to mine. Worked like a charm.

SC_Modder
08-18-2008, 09:52 AM
If you get a hub (note: NOT a switch) instead of a router you might get lucky and have your ISP assign each device its own IP address. But if you do that every single computer will need a firewall.

I put firmware on my router that was apparently unsupported. After digging around turns out it didn't have the ethernet drivers in the firmware, making my router a hub. And now every single computer in my house has it's own external IP address. Of course a lot worse things can happen with bad firmware being uploaded to a router so I guess I'm lucky.

Good luck with file sharing between your computers though. It appears to be quite finicky for me now.