PDA

View Full Version : If you value the freedom of the internet, don't vote McCain

DSG
08-15-2008, 08:13 PM
McCain tech policy: crack down on piracy, fix patent mess (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080815-mccain-plans-to-crack-down-on-global-epidemic-of-piracy.html)

I wonder McCain even knows much if anything about computers, the internet or the masses that use them... probably not. If you care about the internet, spread the word.

Super
08-15-2008, 08:40 PM
How do you know Obama won't do worse?

Besides, this thread is redundant. Everyone on the internet already hates McCain.

Mookster
08-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Everyone, if you're talking about the morons infesting 4chan and well, creeping out from there into every other corner of eventual Hell. Most of which probably aren't old enough to vote anyway.

McCain claimed a few times that he's more or less computer illiterate, so I suppose his stance could be similar to alot of people his age. 'Might just think we're a minority of hackers and internet pirateers with badass intentions, stealing for the sake of that midnight rush. I'm sure if anyone were at his ear complaining, they'd take advantage of his age.
Obama, on the other hand, probably understands that making arrests over this would be as petty as going after people copying cassettes in the 80's; not to mention it'd require just as much of a privacy breach.

ProtomanMt
08-15-2008, 09:10 PM
McCaine can suck my cawk.

Plan-B5
08-15-2008, 11:01 PM
i believe i saw somehwere or read that john maccaine had to have his wife do all his computing for him.

Mobilus
08-16-2008, 09:40 AM
He also supports the monster Ted Steven's proposal to allow the giant ISPs to create a two-tiered internet where they charge for certain content. Sickening.

unimailer1972
08-17-2008, 07:01 AM
McCain tech policy: crack down on piracy, fix patent mess (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080815-mccain-plans-to-crack-down-on-global-epidemic-of-piracy.html)

I wonder McCain even knows much if anything about computers, the internet or the masses that use them... probably not. If you care about the internet, spread the word.

I could be wrong here, but wouldn't it stand to reason that McCain is just going to be another puppet, akin to Dubya. I can see no way that the complex can continue to exist, unless the internet is seriously censored. To put it another way, a free internet is the only way that we can continue to be a free society. If that is true, then it must be dumbed down, just like everything else in this country. N'est-ce pas?

Calaspawn
08-17-2008, 08:01 AM
I don't trust either of the candidates...

DSG
08-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Neither do I, I do trust Ron Paul however. I am thinking about writing him in, be a great message to send to Washington if we can get a ton of people just to write him in.

Mobilus
08-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I realize many of you don't trust either candidate, but look at it this way:

McCain has already promised to do these awful things to the internet.

At least with Obama there's a chance it won't happen whereas with McCain it's a certainty. It really is down to the lesser of the two evils again. :(

Calaspawn
08-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I realize many of you don't trust either candidate, but look at it this way:

McCain has already promised to do these awful things to the internet.

At least with Obama there's a chance it won't happen whereas with McCain it's a certainty. It really is down to the lesser of the two evils again. :(

There is a "chance". Are you willing to take that risk? I like the Ron Paul idea but I turn 18 like 2-3 months after the elections :(

Otaku
08-17-2008, 12:06 PM
There is a 100% chance something bad will happen vs. a non-100% chance something bad will happen. Which would you choose?

unimailer1972
08-17-2008, 12:42 PM
There is a 100% chance something bad will happen vs. a non-100% chance something bad will happen. Which would you choose?

I guess the point for me is Democrats vs Republicans. You really cannot trust either party. There are way to many lobbyists that have way too much money. I could see the most honorable person being corrupted very quickly. I'm tired of choosing the lesser of two evils.

I like the Ron Paul idea. I'm surprised that he has not decided to run on a third party ticket.

Super
08-17-2008, 12:53 PM
There are way to many lobbyists that have way too much money. I could see the most honorable person being corrupted very quickly.

Ya, remember what happened to Harvey Dent? Twas a shame.

But McCain is already corrupted, so at least there's some hope for Obama. He has the attitude a president today needs. All his shortcomings can be made up by picking a good cabinet.

NickF
08-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Neither do I, I do trust Ron Paul however. I am thinking about writing him in, be a great message to send to Washington if we can get a ton of people just to write him in.

I would, but I don't turn 18 until 3 weeks or so after election day :onebigeye:

Super
08-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I would, but I don't turn 18 until 3 weeks or so after election day :onebigeye:

You only need to be 17 and 10 months to vote.

lpxxfaintxx
08-17-2008, 02:40 PM
4rpamTKMlKw

Otaku
08-17-2008, 03:00 PM

Oh ****, really?

CrazyGerbilEater
08-17-2008, 04:34 PM
im with the write ron paul thing, ill be doing so.
obama, i dislike intensly due to some issues relating to weapons.
mccain i hate because....do i need a specific.

i cant really choose either, its two equal evils in my eyes.

Ron Paul write in FTW

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
08-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Mike Huckabee ftw!

Aberrant
08-17-2008, 08:03 PM
They are both absolutely worthless. But Obama scares the crap out of me more than McCain does. Besides McCain at least says what he is going to do, not just blows smoke up everyone's butt.

As for the write in, as much as I would love to see him win, all that will do is not be a vote for the person you would like to see put in office :(

Super
08-17-2008, 08:14 PM
They are both absolutely worthless. But Obama scares the crap out of me more than McCain does. Besides McCain at least says what he is going to do, not just blows smoke up everyone's butt.

As for the write in, as much as I would love to see him win, all that will do is not be a vote for the person you would like to see put in office :(

Actually, McCain makes as much if not more impossible promises than Obama. He's said that by the end of his term he's going to capture bin-laden, balance the budget (while spending billions of dollars at the same time), and a few other major feats that I can't think of at the moment.

Aberrant
08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Well that is still more than "A change you can believe in", even if it is total bs. Like I said though, they both are absolutely pathetic. This is part of the reason I am getting out of the active army and moving back to Anchorage and the Active Guard.

Mobilus
08-17-2008, 08:54 PM
And if McCain gets in you can be sure the "active guard" will continue to be in Iraq the way it is now.

McCain is openly running on a platform of war and death.

Obama is not.

The choice is clear.

lpxxfaintxx
08-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Whoever hated Bush and is voting for McCain is a total retard. Besides, even if he wasn't Bush 3.0, why would you vote for a person like this:

GEtZlR3zp4c
ioy90nF2anI

NickF
08-18-2008, 09:17 AM

I'm registered for state elections and it says I can't start voting until my birthday. Is this different than the CT state elections?

Super
08-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm registered for state elections and it says I can't start voting until my birthday. Is this different than the CT state elections?

Ya me and taku were talking about that yesterday. I thought that once you were registered, you could vote, but I guess not.

Aberrant
08-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Staying in Iraq doesn't scare me. Having a bleeding heart who will tie our hands even more does.

Mixter
08-18-2008, 11:37 PM
W/e the issue of American's election, if McCain becomes the new presidents it's +5years of war in Irak :cry: what for ? For fuel...

Who here would give his life for 100L of fuel ?
...not me...

lpxxfaintxx
08-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Staying in Iraq doesn't scare me. Having a bleeding heart who will tie our hands even more does.

Staying in Iraq doesn't scare me either. But especially in this failing economy, it's just a waste of our damn money. 3 trillion dollars (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article3419840.ece) gone to waste. What for? A war created based on lies.

Mixter
08-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Results of It = American's economy is going down for "supposed weapons of massive destruction" which never existed.
Staying in Iraq isn't scary If you have your reasons(defending your country,...), and IF YOU HAVE THE CHOICE.
Actually, no one American soldier has one of these arguments to not to be scared in Iraq, and not to die in vain.
If they had the choice, the war would be stopped 7 years ago.

Mixter
08-19-2008, 12:27 AM
The Bush Administration was wrong about the benefits of the war and it was wrong about the costs of the war. ARE THEY KIDDING THE WORLD? When a war has been benefit for a population ?

Right now, just think about what they could made with all this 3 trillion dollars (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article3419840.ece). No more health-problems for any Americans, No more problem with education (btw : money which had to go for the ministry of Education for many years (since 2001) has been wasted in this war), the dollar would be 1.5 times over the Euro and not 1.6 Under....possibilities were infinite...

Aberrant
08-19-2008, 08:22 AM
The thing with the Iraq war is it is a long term change, not short term. And most Americans can't see past the end of their nose. As for the war for fuel argument, you obviously have no idea the importance of fuel to this economy. Everything is based off of those fuel prices, if you don't believe me ask your mom how much prices have gone up in the store.

Do we need to get out Iraq, yes... Does it need to be done sensibly with a dedicated plan that will leave them stable, hell yes.

Dyndrilliac
08-19-2008, 09:30 AM
That region hasn't been politically stable since it was being ruled by Alexander the Great thousands of years ago (and he was only able to rule it for a couple of decades before he died and everything came apart). To think we are going to accomplish something in any sensible amount of time that some of the greatest conqueror's in history could not is arrogant and short-sighted. No one wants to admit it but trying to fix the middle-east is a waste of time and money. It is a lost cause, a battle without hope of victory. Pouring more money and man-power may make changes, but nothing meaningful. We may fix Iraq and Afghanistan, but so long as the entire rest of the region is ruled by barbarous animals they will eventually be overwhelmed and returned to their original messy situations. this same plan didn't work in Korea, and it didn't work in Vietnam. Why we are wasting our time with plans that we know to be faulty is beyond me. I agree that if we leave things alone the middle-east will just become more of a threat to Western civilization, but I also think trying to salvage it is idealistic and naive. It should be bombed into nothingness, that will not only eliminate the threat but also leave a reminder for any other nations that decide they want to get cute and start trouble.

Mixter
08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh yeah I know the cost of fuel, whatever, If the war didnt start, the price wouldnt be so high, and I agree with you when you say most of Americans, can't see in the further..

unimailer1972
08-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Oh yeah I know the cost of fuel, whatever, If the war didnt start, the price wouldnt be so high, and I agree with you when you say most of Americans, can't see in the further..

Most Americans can't find their way out of a paper bag. At work, every single day, I wonder what happened to the lost skill of critical thinking and when philosophy and wisdom became extinct in the general population. I'm not saying I'm genius or anything, but I can wipe my own ass.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
08-20-2008, 04:03 AM
Oh yeah I know the cost of fuel, whatever, If the war didnt start, the price wouldnt be so high, and I agree with you when you say most of Americans, can't see in the further..And you're saying we started this war for fuel?