PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft DirectDraw Error on Vista

nk_flash
08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey guys i need some help. Been playing on my new windows vista laptop and decided to jump on SC since I'm deployed to Iraq and the nets slow as ****. Every time i try to start up SC i get a DirectDraw error. I'm attaching my MSCONFIG, DXDIAG, and a pic of the error. I tried to roll back to DX 8.1, 9.0C, and am currently running 10. My video card drivers are all up to date also. Thanks much.

-187-
08-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Ok, 1st try to right click on sc's icon and click "Run as Administraitor" or w/e it is. If that still doesn't work try to run the program in compatibility mode. I think you should be able to switch the video mode and switch to 256 color mode. If all still fails, tell us.

Edit:
I have so little experience in Vista, can anybody tell me if you are even allowed to roll-back DirectX 10 to older versions in Vista?

nk_flash
08-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah i tried to do the compatability thing and i have user accts disabled so i dont have to worrie about the admin thing. And When i tired to roll back vista i had to use DHU (DirectX Happy Uninstall) run it with an xp disk and under xp compatability. appreciate the quick reply tho.

Ghost-Flight
08-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Yea I got errors like this when I tried to play Diablo 2, all I had to do was...
Right click icon -> Properties -> Compatibility and then play with "run this program in compatibility mode for" and the other checks till I got it to work