PDA

View Full Version : Bad Start

Calaspawn
08-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Spectacle – and Tragedy – Open Beijing Olympics - Olympics Summer 2008, : People.com (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20218095,00.html)

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people. The Olympics is a time when the world is supposed to come together and set aside problems with each other, not kill each other >.<

unimailer1972
08-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Frankly, I'm surprised something didn't blow up.

If we make it through with this being the only incident, we'll be lucky.

Calaspawn
08-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Frankly, I'm surprised something didn't blow up.

If we make it through with this being the only incident, we'll be lucky.

If this shows how well protected Beijing is I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a warning/beginning of what is to come.

Mobilus
08-09-2008, 03:42 PM
China is a totalitarian dictatorship that has suppressed, tortured, killed and screwed not only its own population but several countries it has forcefully absorbed.

Is it any surprise that a ton of people don't feel like forgetting what ruthless scumbags they are and pretending like everything is fine for an international sporting competition?

The Olympics are supposed to signify cooperation, tolerance, diversity and genuine brotherly love, China is the direct enemy of those values.

XGhozt
08-09-2008, 03:51 PM
The action of boycotting 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing is not against Chinese people, but against Chinese government's repression in 2008 Tibetan unrest. The boycotting is surely a politic issue, but refers to human rights problems in China.

Human rights should be respected for all Chinese people, including Tibetan people (Here we talk only about Tibetan human rights. We don't even discuss about Chinese government's legal right on Tibet. Tibet Independence is another issue).

Then what the hell is the relationship between the human rights and the press freedom?

I believe that all ours visions of the world are manipulated by media (intentionally or unintentionally).
At least in a country that has press freedom, we have the choice to take what we want to believe - that's all about it.
Human rights issue is just one of our visions, it can only be rooted on people's mentality where there is press freedom.

Source(s): .:: NOTEPAD++ ::. (http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm)

Found this the other day..

MH-c1
08-12-2008, 07:34 AM
some mad man attack is nothing.. there is many millions of people there I guess if thats all that happend in a big place as Beijing I guess I should say thay did okey.

Of course its sad that people dies, but really, there more people there than in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland COMBINED.

China is not a direct enemy to cooperation, tolerance, diversity and genuine brotherly love.

You are.

Calaspawn
08-12-2008, 07:38 AM
China is not a direct enemy to cooperation, tolerance, diversity and genuine brotherly love.

You are.

What? :neutral:

MH-c1
08-12-2008, 07:45 AM
What? :neutral:

It was a response to mobilius post, above.
Hm, next time Ill use "quote" :smirk:

WyteWidow
08-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Disgusting.

Mobilus
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
some mad man attack is nothing.. there is many millions of people there I guess if thats all that happend in a big place as Beijing I guess I should say thay did okey.

Of course its sad that people dies, but really, there more people there than in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland COMBINED.

You are.
Are you denying that China uses slave labor? That they summarily execute their own citizens with mobile death-vans? Are you denying that they do not allow free and open voting to all of their citizens? Are you denying what they did to inner mongolia, xinjiang, and tibet?

What is wrong with your brain?

MH-c1
08-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Are you denying that China uses slave labor? That they summarily execute their own citizens with mobile death-vans? Are you denying that they do not allow free and open voting to all of their citizens? Are you denying what they did to inner mongolia, xinjiang, and tibet?

What is wrong with your brain?

NO. But I never said that?

I said that this statement was untrue:about china being a "direct enemy to cooperation, tolerance, diversity and genuine brotherly love."

define china first, goverment or the people?

anyway, china cooperates with many countries one of those is russia, they do research together, they cooperates with Swedish university's too.

The chines people are not bad at cooperating.
And I dont see how they could be a direct enemy to it.

second:
tolerance, I think they tolerate most people there, jews, americans etc I never heard that the rasism there is any worse than it is here. There is only one political party, but then again, we dont allow homos to marry.

I garantee you will get tolerated in china.
They are wery nice there acually, ive been there.

diversity, I dont know what this means in swedish really. something about respecting difrent races and such?

I know that america forbids a person from an other country to become president, is that a good example of being diversed?

genuine brotherly love, I don't know whats being meant by this, but they sure is brothers there who loves each other.

I dont think the Chinese people has any problem of feeling genuine brotherly love. or is a direct emeny towards it.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
08-13-2008, 01:32 AM
define china first, goverment or the people?
Considering how they are not free, the government.

anyway, china cooperates with many countries one of those is russia, they do research together, they cooperates with Swedish university's too.Do they get any gain from it?

I know that america forbids a person from an other country to become president, is that a good example of being diversed?
Its a good example of not being retarded.

Mobilus
08-13-2008, 01:49 AM
Even though China is not a free society, no government exists without the will of the people. The Chinese are so numerous they could easily swarm their capitol and overthrow their oppressors.

By that logic the Chinese populous are complicit in the crimes of their government, even those crimes against themselves. It's sad.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
08-13-2008, 02:54 AM
I dont like logic. Makes too much sense.