PDA

View Full Version : What if someone sent a replay of me hacking to blizzard?

kumaar
07-27-2008, 04:37 AM
What do you think would happen? Somebody said they did this to me, but I'm not sure if they really sent it. Would my acc/ip/cdkey get banned from B.net, or what?

DXM
07-27-2008, 05:42 AM
I've been told that many times. I just laugh and tell them to go ahead and do it. I mean it's not like getting another cd key for StarCraft is expensive by any means. Mostly they do it as a means of retaliation -- they do it to try to scare you, perhaps, it makes them feel better inside. Focus on December =] ::Hopefully::

Shin666
07-27-2008, 05:44 AM
enjoy the last days of your bnet account cuz it's going to get blasted into space and the partyvan is gonna come knocking at your door.

Protip: Join the party

kumaar
07-28-2008, 05:10 AM
enjoy the last days of your bnet account cuz it's going to get blasted into space and the partyvan is gonna come knocking at your door.

Protip: Join the party

So what are you saying in relation to my question?

ProtomanMt
07-28-2008, 06:05 AM
lol. I don't think they'll do anything more than suspend your account. Most people are lazy and unwilling to go through the process of sending a replay or some proof of you hacking to blizzard. Chances are, your account will active and unpenalized. Just ignore the accuser, and move on. I don't know why people on B-net bitch about sending replays cause they got owned.

Neodeathw[EgN]
07-28-2008, 06:34 AM
lol. I don't think they'll do anything more than suspend your account. Most people are lazy and unwilling to go through the process of sending a replay or some proof of you hacking to blizzard. Chances are, your account will active and unpenalized. Just ignore the accuser, and move on. I don't know why people on B-net bitch about sending replays cause they got owned.
Yeah... That annoys me. I got that threat a few times, after i got the new oblivion and started killing people in melee... But no one will probubly send it. Like protoman said they are lazy and unwilling to go through it. So... Do not even worry abotu it no point.

Abrupt
07-28-2008, 09:37 AM
What do you think would happen? Somebody said they did this to me, but I'm not sure if they really sent it. Would my acc/ip/cdkey get banned from B.net, or what?
blizzard will get to see a hacking replay. duh. and if he really does send it kiss atlest the next few weeks of playing on atleast that server goodbye.

nano351
07-28-2008, 09:58 AM
I doubt blizzard would really care enough to watch the replay.Also battle.net is in charge bans and what not, the person would need to send it to them.

Neodeathw[EgN]
07-28-2008, 09:59 AM
I doubt blizzard would really care enough to watch the replay.Also battle.net is in charge bans and what not, the person would need to send it to them.
So most likely the staff would be to lazy to do anything about it :evil_smile:

Deg™
07-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I reported myself once with an attached replay. Nothing happened.

gevorgkhc
07-28-2008, 05:19 PM
It'll get deleted by their spam filter.

badass
08-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah... That annoys me. I got that threat a few times, after i got the new oblivion and started killing people in melee... But no one will probubly send it..

Are u stupid or what ? a normal player probably own ur lil newb ass without ur hack so the reaction about sending reps is just fine.

hellinsect
09-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Do you know how easy it is to change names in replays?

I could ban anyone I didn't like by joining the game spoofed.
Probably could change the name in the replay as well.

This is why blizzard can't ban people based on replays.

BlaZeR
09-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Go to white castle. On the chance that I might get infracted, nothing happens.

foodang
09-02-2008, 04:02 AM
lol blizzard's starcraft tech support = 2 80 yr old koreans that dont speak english.... dont worry ive gone thru the whole process b4 like 6 times nothing ever happens

Mojo9o
09-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Do you know how easy it is to change names in replays?

I could ban anyone I didn't like by joining the game spoofed.
Probably could change the name in the replay as well.

This is why blizzard can't ban people based on replays.

how can you chance plyr names of a replay..
i doubt you can

Sinz
09-02-2008, 05:10 AM
by making a fake game with a spoofed name and hacking then sending teh replay to battle.net

Belphegor
09-02-2008, 07:27 AM
how can you chance plyr names of a replay..
i doubt you canOpen the replay in a map editor. :o

Tim-J.Swan
09-02-2008, 11:25 AM
It'll get deleted by their spam filter.
HAHAHAHAHA!!

Mojo9o
09-02-2008, 04:32 PM
He is saying, he can change the name of a player in an exisiting replay, not one he spoofs.

Ima have to try that

Sight
09-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Highly unlikely to get banned. People say that to me all the time - and I encourage them to do it.

Indefinite
09-04-2008, 09:14 AM
For now, Blizzard doesn't really have any resources at all to fight with StarCraft cheaters. They have better resources even on D2, let alone W3 or WoW.

You're more likely to be banned for offensive behavior and/or spamming than for "hacking"/cheating. I suppose they don't really care, as long as you let them profit.

And as far, as encouraging goes, the best type of encouragement I've seen so far is simply not give a **** about them sending any info.
However, no matter how encouraged the people are and/or how many reports about you may have been sent to Blizz, they don't respond to those anyway.

I believe they only respond to the new stuff that potentially might put their games at any risk. So we're back to the profit zone.

U54222
09-20-2008, 07:07 PM
It matters if they Track Down your IP Address, just make another account. Now if they do, looks like you're going to have to play on another Hardrive.

It's unlikely to get banned because they know other people would just hack. It'll be a waste of time.

JamesUsher
09-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I reported myself once with an attached replay. Nothing happened.

:woop: ^

Zhuinden
09-23-2008, 02:09 AM
How would having a new HARD DRIVE affect your IP.